Bergenheim hit on Farnham

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Deserving of a 2 minute interference call.

People calling for a blindside hit. Hahahahaha.

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Doesn't look like he even touched it, he was chasing it for sure and it was way out of his reach when he was hit.

Not sure how people can call it a great hit and interference in the same breath, but expected.

How can you determine it was "way out of his reach?" From the gif, the puck is at the hash mark at the time of impact, making it less than a stick length away.

And anyone calling it a blindside hit is just wrong, considering Farnham was bracing for the hit.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
I wouldn't say it was dirty whatsoever. It was a bit late. A minor for interference probably would have been appropriate but I'm not especially surprised it didn't get called.

a hit being "late," implies that the player who got hit had possession of the puck prior to being hit. This was not the case

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Are you for real, chief? Clearly that comment flew over your head. The faction in this thread making this "banal" and "mundane" hit (adjectives I totally agree with) significant are Pens fans parroting the same crap about the hockey world being against them.

I couldn't care less about this solid hit, that's all it was. The incessant whining emanating out of Pittsburgh is throughly entertaining, however, tiger.

Your little comment flew over my head? Puh-lease. "I'd be singing a different tune" if the hit weren't on a Pen after I revealed to you that I had no problem with the hit, rather my issue was how the people on the internet get frothy and lubricated over the most commonplace things. That, Skippy, was the tune I was singing. So, you did miss my point and your quaint little effort to obfuscate that fact by simply lumping me in with Pens fans complaining about the world being against us was both disingenuous and pathetic. But, you're free to try again ginger.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Your little comment flew over my head? Puh-lease. "I'd be singing a different tune" if the hit weren't on a Pen after I revealed to you that I had no problem with the hit, rather my issue was how the people on the internet get frothy and lubricated over the most commonplace things. That, Skippy, was the tune I was singing. So, you did miss my point and your quaint little effort to obfuscate that fact by simply lumping me in with Pens fans complaining about the world being against us was both disingenuous and pathetic. But, you're free to try again ginger.

Jesus scooter, you really are thick. Did you think you were writing in Aramaic? Some beacon of esoteric and elevated thought? Yeah, I got what you were saying. What you clearly are having a real struggle with sparky, is that I was never intimating that you would actually be singing a different tune and was just mocking the rest of your co-supporters. Pretty much the exact opposite of lumping you in with them.

That's two swings, give it one more, Ace.

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
If you only saw the gif. He last touched the puck behind the net. Was in the process of chasing it.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

I don't think he was prepared, chief

:laugh: He's taken worse shots from far scarier players than Bergenheim, he was back out in the third playing the exact same way he always does.

The hit itself probably was interference, but no big deal in the long run.

This is a guy who said he doesn't care if he misses a hit and slams into the boards as long it disrupts things.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Pretty sad victim complexes going around these parts, eh?

What is with you people? How is most Pens fans saying the hit was fine, but could have been, maybe, an interference minor indicative of a victim complex? These boards are simply weird.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Jesus scooter, you really are thick. Did you think you were writing in Aramaic? Some beacon of esoteric and elevated thought? Yeah, I got what you were saying. What you clearly are having a real struggle with sparky, is that I was never intimating that you would actually be singing a different tune and was just mocking the rest of your co-supporters. Pretty much the exact opposite of lumping you in with them.

That's two swings, give it one more, Ace.

Ahh, I see, so you responded to my simple assertion that the hit was really rather pedestrian with an irrelevant and trite little banality because you felt compelled to address me as emblematic, the personification, a representative of other Pens fans who stated things you found objectionable, rather than, you know, like addressing them directly. Makes perfect sense. Try Aramaic next time, might make more sense; it would certainly be more entertaining and challenging than this sophistry and intellectual dishonesty. Buddy boy.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Ahh, I see, so you responded to my simple assertion that the hit was really rather pedestrian with an irrelevant and trite little banality because you felt compelled to address me as emblematic, the personification, a representative of other Pens fans who stated things you found objectionable, rather than, you know, like addressing them directly. Makes perfect sense. Try Aramaic next time, might make more sense; it would certainly be more entertaining and challenging than this sophistry and intellectual dishonesty. Buddy boy.

Slow dribbler to the third base line, easy out at first, slick.

What did you want me to address directly, exactly? The hysterical, tin-foil hat supporters and their pea-brained whinging? Yeah, that's worth my time. Idiocy doesn't merit validation by addressing it like coherent thought.

But hey, at least you put it in play this time and connected all the dots. I was worried for a while there, Champ. Reminded me of that time in the 3rd grade I tried to teach my dog minesweeper.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Slow dribbler to the third base line, easy out at first, slick.

What did you want me to address directly, exactly? The hysterical, tin-foil hat supporters and their pea-brained whinging? Yeah, that's worth my time. Idiocy doesn't merit validation by addressing it like coherent thought.

But hey, at least you put it in play this time and connected all the dots. I was worried for a while there, Champ. Reminded me of that time in the 3rd grade I tried to teach my dog minesweeper.

So simply put: I was right and you were wrong. Spin that, Jack.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
What is with you people? How is most Pens fans saying the hit was fine, but could have been, maybe, an interference minor indicative of a victim complex? These boards are simply weird.

Weird, indeed.

Those were clearly the people I was referring to.:shakehead

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
So simply put: I was right and you were wrong. Spin that, Jack.

Right about what exactly, boss? I started out agreeing with you.

The only thing that's becoming increasingly clear is your hypersensitivity mirrors the rest of the lot I started out ridiculing. So, well done, slugger. You're doing it!

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Weird, indeed.

Those were clearly the people I was referring to.:shakehead

Whatever. Summing to up: good hit, could've been a minor, wasn't, Farnham doesn't care as it's the game he chooses to play and he knows soon as the Pens are healthy he's going back down. Did I miss anything? Didn't think so. Good night.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Right about what exactly, boss? I started out agreeing with you.

The only thing that's becoming increasingly clear is your hypersensitivity mirrors the rest of the lot I started out ridiculing. So, well done, slugger. You're doing it!

Geez, you people are relentless, I give, you get the last word. (And I won't even mention that what you lack in logic and intellectual integrity, you make up with really impressive snarkiness).

Last edited:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Geez, you people are relentless, I give, you get the last word. (And I won't even mention that what you lack in logic and intellectual integrity, you make up with really impressive snarkiness).

Seems like you've had a long night getting offended on behalf of others.

I'd call it a day.

Catsfan7

Jun 6, 2011
Coral Springs, FL
Panthers fan here who was at the game and had a clear view of this hit:

Awesome shoulder to shoulder hit, but Farnham never touched the puck and it should have been interference. I have no idea why there is a debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad