Bergenheim hit on Farnham

Nei1ey*

Thought it was a clean hit, funny to see the clowns crying about the Jagr hit call this one clean though and vise versa. This wont stop Farnham, he was back out on the ice again and playing like a tasmanian devil like he usually does. :yo:

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Berganhiem hit on Farnham = Bortuzzo hit on Jagr

Thought it was a clean hit, funny to see the clowns crying about the Jagr hit call this one clean though and vise versa. This wont stop Farnham, he was back out on the ice again and playing like a tasmanian devil like he usually does. :yo:

Lol one hit makes impact with the head, the other doesn't. I love pens fans trying to to compare different hits.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Should be a clean hit. Late though. Should have been 2 for interference. Won't be shocked at any outcome from DoPS though as it is the kind of hit they're trying to stop.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
I think most Pens fans are just upset that they didn't even call interference. He was chasing the puck, was checked, seems easy.

Yup.

I never said he should be suspended for it, but it should have been 2 minutes for interference.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Bergenheim for sure won't get suspended since he's a superstar. :sarcasm:

Hey! He had that great run for Tampa in 2010-2011 playoffs! So yeah he's a superstar :sarcasm:

I was trying to say that if Bergenheim had hit someone like Crosby or Malkin that he might have faced supplemental discipline like Bortuzzo did with the Jagr hit because those guys are stars. I think both of these hits were great by the way.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
:laugh: The Jagr hit was less late? Somebody here is dead wrong, but it's you. The Farnham hit wasn't really late at all.

Considering the Cats fan who was actually at the game says Farnham didn't touch the puck at any point, I'd love to hear your explanation for why this hit is not interference and the Jagr hit is.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
This league is a joke. Same BS as with Jagr. Bartkowski on Gionta? Gionta aint Jagr, but he's approaching old fart status. Got rocked, legally and the league is making itself look ridiculous again.

Farnham gets rocked by Bergenheim on a hit that was far more brutal and much later...no penalty, no suspension, no nothin'. Who is Farnham?? Exactly...

No player should be protected, coddled, fought for, given any quarter or otherwise receive special treatment because of their age, status, salary, recent injuries, all star votes, future HOF induction or the fact that they like to whine and ***** about things all the time...EVER.

Thanks for the memories.
Lol what in the hell is this?

Anyways, I don't get why this is a thread. I wouldn't even consider it an interference call, he's literally right beside the puck, I don't see how it is different then someone like datsyuk counter-checking

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
No name brand guy will learn next time to stop running around going after the franchise in Ekblad.

Good for Bergie. I got jacked up after seeing that hit. Changed the big MO in the game!

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
No name brand guy will learn next time to stop running around going after the franchise in Ekblad.

Good for Bergie. I got jacked up after seeing that hit. Changed the big MO in the game!

Farnham didn't do anything cheap or illegal to Ekblad so how exactly does that constitute "going after" him?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Considering the Cats fan who was actually at the game says Farnham didn't touch the puck at any point, I'd love to hear your explanation for why this hit is not interference and the Jagr hit is.

Are you seriously citing a Cats fan at the game as your argument? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->