Bergenheim hit on Farnham

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
anybody just saw that hit???

LOLLLLLLL

:handclap:

edit: the purpose of this is not to know if its legal or not, I just really liked the way farnham flew back on his ass and wanted to know if people saw it too

Last edited:

penguins2946*

If the Bortuzzo on Jagr hit was interference, this definitely was as well.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
that was not interference

the guy was flying all around with the puck.. he just got his ass whooped down to earth

penguins2946*

that was not interference

the guy was flying all around with the puck.. he just got his ass whooped down to earth

He clearly didn't have the puck. If Bortuzzo's hit was interference, I fail to see how this hit wasn't interference.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Around here, hit on a Pen is always clean no matter what. Apparently its cool to swing helmets and stuff too. Nature of HF.

startainfection*

I miss Bergenhiem being an islander, I have trouble thinking of a player with as much skill and as much energy to never have had a 20 goal season

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I miss Bergenhiem being an islander, I have trouble thinking of a player with as much skill and as much energy to never have had a 20 goal season

Probably because he just flings the puck on net hoping for a goal.

Imo that hit was borderline interference. Don't think Bergy will get a call tomorrow though

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Is that not why this was clean?

farnhamberg.gif

It wasn't. Text-book blindside hit. Puck was long gone... and it honestly doesn't even look like Farns touched it. And even if people did think it was dirty, it was on a Penguin so it was well deserved, right?

penguins2946*

farnhamberg.gif

It wasn't. Text-book blindside hit. Puck was long gone... and it honestly doesn't even look like Farns touched it. And even if people did think it was dirty, it was on a Penguin so well deserved, right?

The first part of that gif shows it clearest imo. He was reaching for the puck, didn't have it and got plastered by Bergenheim. Hence interference. I wouldn't have an issue with it had Bortuzzo not gotten suspended for 2 games for interference earlier in the year.

Yeah Farhams hit on Ekblad was late aswell!

Even if that were true, how is that even remotely relevant?

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
The first part of that gif shows it clearest imo. He was reaching for the puck, didn't have it and got plastered by Bergenheim. Hence interference. I wouldn't have an issue with it had Bortuzzo not gotten suspended for 2 games for interference earlier in the year.

Just stop not a dirty hit in any way..

Farhams hit on Ekblad last game was as late as this one in that case!

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Even if that were true, how is that even remotely relevant?

It is and you guys called it a clean hit hence the post!

MovesLikeJagr68

Mar 26, 2012
Hit wise it was pretty sweet. Seemed late though, and Farnham never really had full possession to start with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad