Bergenheim hit on Farnham

Xavier Laflamme*

Why would I watch an online stream when I can watch it in HD on my big tv? I just said I out them on mute. And you are one of the biggest whiners on this website. You know how stupid they sound.

Yet here you are complaining about a Penguins broadcast team hyping up one of its own players...wow.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Can't really see from the gif, did he have control of the puck before the hit?

Doesn't look like he even touched it, he was chasing it for sure and it was way out of his reach when he was hit.

Not sure how people can call it a great hit and interference in the same breath, but expected.

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Since the consensus seems to be that this hit is in no way a suspendable hit outside of some Pens fans, who mostly seem to have a problem with the Bortuzzo suspension more than with this hit, I propose that we just enjoy it for what it is. A clean, strong body check.

At least I can in no way see how Farnham isn't in "control" of the puck from the gif.

This thread just reminded me how almost all hard hits have to be scrutinized to see whether or not any indirect contact is with the head. Even with the extremely tight officiating/rules we have on hits nowadays, I can only say this is a good hit that I, as a spectator, enjoy the most in the game of hockey.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
It was a hit, big deal. Part of the game. I don't know why some people get so excited over this, it happens all the freakin' time. What am I missing?

jrolley325

Dec 12, 2010
Youngstown, OH
If we're talking about the hit by itself, yeah it's clean. But it was just as late as the bortuzzo hit that had everyone light a candle for Jagr.

jrolley325

Dec 12, 2010
Youngstown, OH
It was a hit, big deal. Part of the game. I don't know why some people get so excited over this, it happens all the freakin' time. What am I missing?

It happened to a penguin so HF posters have a collective orgasm. If a penguins player delivered it, it's just another cheap hit from a cheap organization

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
It happened to a penguin so HF posters have a collective orgasm. If a penguins player delivered it, it's just another cheap hit from a cheap organization

You get the impression most of these people don't really watch hockey, just internet clips.

LionelHutz*

What in the world is a Farnham?

10409512_10204543312494215_6736550526989578094_n.jpg

Your lord and savior.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Pfftt, if the guy wasn't on the Pens you'd be singing a different tune!

And what tune would that be? Here's the deal sport, I don't have a problem with the hit. Solid garden variety hit, happens all the time. What amazes me, in case you didn't understand it the first time, is how on the internet the most banal or mundane is made significant. But whatever, enjoy your little clips...

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
And what tune would that be? Here's the deal sport, I don't have a problem with the hit. Solid garden variety hit, happens all the time. What amazes me, in case you didn't understand it the first time, is how on the internet the most banal or mundane is made significant. But whatever, enjoy your little clips...

Are you for real, chief? Clearly that comment flew over your head. The faction in this thread making this "banal" and "mundane" hit (adjectives I totally agree with) significant are Pens fans parroting the same crap about the hockey world being against them.

I couldn't care less about this solid hit, that's all it was. The incessant whining emanating out of Pittsburgh is throughly entertaining, however, tiger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad