Bergenheim hit on Farnham

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
I thought it was a clean huge hit and I also thought the Bortuzzo on Jagr hit was clean. I don't think Bergenheim should be suspended but who knows what the league will do? I think the reason Bortuzzo got suspended was because of the guy that he hit. Farnham is not a big name so no suspension.

LionelHutz*

I thought it was a clean huge hit and I also thought the Bortuzzo on Jagr hit was clean. I don't think Bergenheim should be suspended but who knows what the league will do? I think the reason Bortuzzo got suspended was because of the guy that he hit. Farnham is not a big name so no suspension.

9b3.png

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston

Okay. The thing that gets me is that there won't be any discipline for Bergenheim and that's what bothers me about the league. I know they always have treated superstars differently but a little consistency with their calls wouldn't hurt.

Has anyone heard anything about the league mentioning the hit and if there will be supplemental discipline?

Nice username by the way. I had only watched episodes with Lionel Hutz over the summer and he became one of my favorites.

LionelHutz*

Okay. The thing that gets me is that there won't be any discipline for Bergenheim and that's what bothers me about the league. I know they always have treated superstars differently but a little consistency with their calls wouldn't hurt.

Has anyone heard anything about the league mentioning the hit and if there will be supplemental discipline?

Nice username by the way. I had only watched episodes with Lionel Hutz over the summer and he became one of my favorites.

LOL of course not, You expect that group of clowns to actually to their job? Your kidding right? They just traded a group of narrow minded idiots, for a group of blind stubborn morons. Bro, do you even NHL?

Thank you, Phil was great.

Last edited by a moderator:

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
LOL of course not, You expect that group of clowns to actually to their job? Or kidding right? They just traded a group of narrow minded idiots, for a group of blind stubborn morons. Bro, do you even NHL?

Thank you, Phil was great.

Lol..I know it stupid to think that way and I know there will never be consistency. I liked both hits were great but hey I guess we have to live with it. Until the next game where the same exact hit will result in a suspension and then we get to do this whole thing all over again :yo:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
farnhamberg.gif

It wasn't. Text-book blindside hit. Puck was long gone... and it honestly doesn't even look like Farns touched it. And even if people did think it was dirty, it was on a Penguin so it was well deserved, right?

Long gone and long gone.. blindsided? Give me a freakin break. The Pens player was face almost towards the boards, so its impossible to hit from the front. He's own fault he doesn't watch anything else than the puck..

Awesome hit!

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you

Bergenheim for sure won't get suspended since he's a superstar. :sarcasm:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I think the reason why refs didn't call it as interference was that Farnham was still trying to poke at the puck. It's easy for us to see on the replay that it was gone at that point already and that it should have been a minor penalty.

The hit itself is clean shoulder to shoulder. Late, but clean.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
How that hit could be a blindsided hit when Bergenheim is about 20 degrees away from coming straight at Farnham? Farnham should keep his ****ing head up. Interference call would be most awarded for that.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Far from blidside...but it was interference.

Onus is on both players here..Bergenheim for throwing a late hit, should have rec'd atleast an interference penalty...Farham needs to keep his head up there.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Two minute minor for interference is all I see in this. A hard and clean shoulder-to-shoulder hit. If this warrants supplemental discipline I will laugh.

Blindside... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Why are you so upset? Take a breath, I have not read a post so petty and childish in quite some time, well yes I did, your previous posts from this thread all were pretty goofy. You should not let faceless strangers on HF get to you.

I'm positive this was meant for the other guy.

Goofy is reading anything I wrote and interpreting it as 'upset'. Your post was adorable, though.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
I think most Pens fans are just upset that they didn't even call interference. He was chasing the puck, was checked, seems easy.

MrWilson*

This league is a joke. Same BS as with Jagr. Bartkowski on Gionta? Gionta aint Jagr, but he's approaching old fart status. Got rocked, legally and the league is making itself look ridiculous again.

Farnham gets rocked by Bergenheim on a hit that was far more brutal and much later...no penalty, no suspension, no nothin'. Who is Farnham?? Exactly...

No player should be protected, coddled, fought for, given any quarter or otherwise receive special treatment because of their age, status, salary, recent injuries, all star votes, future HOF induction or the fact that they like to whine and ***** about things all the time...EVER.

Thanks for the memories.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
However, you are dead wrong about the Jagr hit. That hit was significantly less late than this one and lateness was the only reason given for the suspension. Given that it resulted in a suspension, so should this.

:laugh: The Jagr hit was less late? Somebody here is dead wrong, but it's you. The Farnham hit wasn't really late at all.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
It wasnt a blindside hit though, because you can see Farnham bracing for the hit.

It wasn't blindside because he came from in front of Farnham. It probably should have been 2 minutes for interference, maybe a game if Farnahm was Jagr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad