Who was the better GM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I owe you one, thanks brah

No worries, just wanted you to know I’m on your side on this issue. So you definitely can go ahead and deal with the rest of the argument and not feel the need to deflect I mean remind everyone that the trade never happened.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
You got my back I got yours. This is Heavenly

Yep. You can quit the obvious struggle to post here and everyone else can stop getting sidetracked by your inability to keep up. Everyone wins. And I’ll keep reminding them that the trade never happened.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys, it’s been a few minutes since it was brought up so I thought I should remind everyone that Subban never actually got traded for the 5th. Just in case, ya know ... you’d forgotten or something.

@ChefBoiRD i got this for you brah

Why are you talking about trades that didn't happen? You'd need to be on hallucinogenic drugs to talk about trades that didn't happen! Are you on hallucinogenic drugs, (C)hris (F)arley? Are you??

Sometime after trading for Ballard, Gillis was actively trying to trade Bieksa due to the conondrum the acquisition of Ballard created on the back end and on the cap. Ballard and Hamhius were acquired within a month of each other. With Salo, Erhoff, Edler, Hamhius, Ballard and Bieksa in the fold and Erhoffs next contract looming, Gillis decided to cut bait with Bieksa cause certainly no other GM out there would dare touch Ballard not with that contract and poor quality of play, ergo the Buyout. Gillis had to get rid of someone if he wanted to be in a position to resign Erhoff. Bieksa the fall guy because of the Ballard acquisition. He certainly wasn't going to trade his newest acquisition - Ballard. The optics!

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
No worries, just wanted you to know I’m on your side on this issue. So you definitely can go ahead and deal with the rest of the argument and not feel the need to deflect I mean remind everyone that the trade never happened.

I'm sorry if I may seem elusive, but you must understand, talking hypotheticals is not my best suit

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I'm sorry if I may seem elusive, but you must understand, talking hypotheticals is not my best suit

Sometime after trading for Ballard, Gillis was actively trying to trade Bieksa due to the conondrum the acquisition of Ballard created on the back end and on the cap. Ballard and Hamhius were acquired within a month of each other. With Salo, Erhoff, Edler, Hamhius, Ballard and Bieksa in the fold and Erhoffs next contract looming, Gillis decided to cut bait with Bieksa cause certainly no other GM out there would dare touch Ballard not with that contract and poor quality of play, ergo the Buyout. Gillis had to get rid of someone if he wanted to be in a position to resign Erhoff. Bieksa the fall guy because of the Ballard acquisition. He certainly wasn't going to trade his newest acquisition - Ballard. The optics!

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
What hypothetical is that?

Things that were rumored to take place about things that never took place.

But if you want I can be fun and play! - Jim Benning! He's a bad man for willing to trade Boeser for Lucic, and Dubios and Horvat for Subban

Reactions: skyo

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

But if you want I can be fun and play! - Jim Benning! He's a bad man for willing to trade Boeser for Lucic, and Dubios and Horvat for Subban

Reactions: Hodgy and geebaan

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

That’s not a hypothetical. Benning wanted to do the trade. The fact that it fell through doesn’t make the fact that he wanted to do it a hypothetical.

Like if I want to trade my mint condition Gretzky rookie card for a half eaten Snickers bar but the trade falls through because the Snickers was that gross kind with almonds, that isn’t a hypothetical. In the real world I actually wanted to make that trade. That’s real. That’s fact.

Reactions: MS

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Here, we'll do an example:

In a hypothetical world where f***BoiRD actually brought something of value to the forum, ROE would have done something good by asking them to come here.

Reactions: Hodgy and geebaan

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I thought I will tell everyone something very important. The Ignore button is still around. It moved since the old boards but it is there! Just simply click on the name of the user you want to ignore. A window will pop up and over on the right hand side of this window you will see the ignore command button. Press this button, and no more shitty microwave pasta or stupid songs by german bands about movie characters.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
That’s not a hypothetical. Benning wanted to do the trade. The fact that it fell through doesn’t make the fact that he wanted to do it a hypothetical.

Like if I want to trade my mint condition Gretzky rookie card for a half eaten Snickers bar but the trade falls through because the Snickers was that gross kind with almonds, that isn’t a hypothetical. In the real world I actually wanted to make that trade. That’s real. That’s fact.

So Benning tell Freidmann this or Vancouver did? I was under the impression it was Vancouver. That's all man, that's all I want to know. Who is this person they call Vancouver.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I thought I will tell everyone something very important. The Ignore button is still around. It moved since the old boards but it is there! Just simply click on the name of the user you want to ignore. A window will pop up and over on the right hand side of this window you will see the ignore command button. Press this button, and no more ****ty microwave pasta or stupid songs by german bands about movie characters.

Fair ‘nuff. It was fun for awhile but I’m tired and the Canuck lowlites are coming on so im gonna leave the chef to stew in his own delusions.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
I thought I will tell everyone something very important. The Ignore button is still around. It moved since the old boards but it is there! Just simply click on the name of the user you want to ignore. A window will pop up and over on the right hand side of this window you will see the ignore command button. Press this button, and no more ****ty microwave pasta or stupid songs by german bands about movie characters.

What a friend you guys have here.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
So Benning tell Freidmann this or Vancouver did? I was under the impression it was Vancouver. That's all man, that's all I want to know. Who is this person they call Vancouver.

Now that is one helluva last ditch deflection.

Kudos but I’m tired and this isn’t as fun as it was at the beginning.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Aw, shucks. Just when you seemed so close to grasping it.

Yup, I'm pretty sure one of the most respected journalists in hockey was just taking some musings of an usher or something and passing them off as fact. Totally.

Maybe come back when you have an interest in debating like an adult. This is a waste of time.

Reactions: timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad