Who was the better GM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Forsling Top 4? He better hurry up, he's playing in the AHL

I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of McCann he's a tweener centre. I like the Gudbranson trade. Not surprised by the trade parts. Young D-men are a premium, see Adam Larsen and Hamonic trades

$3 million more for Bonino? What did he just sign for?

I love the Dahlen acquisition. He's one of the better prospects in that excellent group of prospects drafted in the 2nd round of the 2o16 draft

Unfair to critique the Dorsett trade with him retiring due to an injury we got excellent value on that trade

Contradict? Huh? I said I was disappointed in the Hamhius non trade. Get over yourself if you think Vrbata was worth what we got for Bieksa and Garrison. Radim was playing horribly that last season with us
Well Quinn played him like a 3 before sending him down because he can get more ice time in the minors. You know because they can know development. Nonetheless, a player Quinn thinks can be a top4 guy and we traded him away for? How is that not a now for future move?

You like Gubranson? Ok how does trading for a #6 with McCann and A 33rd overall not a now for future move ? Is this #6 dman going to be part of of the future core when our core starts to peak in 3-5 years?

He was at 1.7ish when we had him and we paid close to 3 more for Sutter. Trying to be obtuse?

How does Dahlen being excellent make up for picks we already had and traded away for nothing? Does Dahlen being good mean we don’t need more good players? Is having more good players a bad thing?

You said you were disapppointed but what we. Right after you said you love Bieksa and Garrison getting a 2nd. Guess what, we had a 1st rounder offered to us and Benning stalled on it and it turned into a 3rd rounder and he didn’t take it. You love picks when Benning trades for it and when he doesn’t, you just feel whatever. A man with consistency right here.
Vrbata scores 60pts for us in his 1st season. You think a guy coming off a 60pt season has no value in the offseason? Missed opportunity once again.

Reactions: rypper

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Remember that time a gillis led team finished with 83 points and he was fired?

At this point when Benning makes it to 83 points his fans will throw a parade.
Which is fine really if we were executing a rebuild plan, acquiring draft picks, plugging holes with waivers/ufas/cap dumps/trash left by Gillis. However we are a max cap veteran heavy team who hates draft picks, plans for playoffs, trades picks/prospects for depth.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
What does what Nick Bonino signed for in UFA this past offseason have to do with it?

The guy was under contract at an absolute steal of $1.9MM for 3 years and we acquired him at the start of his first year. That's 3 full seasons of $1.9MM vs 3.1 and then 4.375 w/NTC for Sutter.

Bonino's newly signed 4 year $4 million per year contract he signed this off season with Nashville ends the same time Sutters current 5 year contract ends. Big effin deal if Sutter is getting a hair more per and who the f**k cares about the xtra year. Devestating

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Bonino's newly signed 4 year $4 million per year contract he signed this off season with Nashville ends the same time Sutters current 5 year contract ends. Big effin deal if Sutter is getting a hair more per and who the f**k cares about the xtra year. Devestating

Oh brother.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

You are bad at this.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
So you admit it's NOT A FACT that Benning was trading Horvat in a deal for Subban.
You do realize we are talking about intent and the fact that a 5th overall was confirmed shows enough intent.
Horvat being involved or not doesn’t really change anything from the intent perspective.

They wanted to trade futures for now at a time when we were supposingly “rebuilding”.
Focus FAN, focus,I know it’s hard.

Reactions: timw33

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hey guys, it’s been a few minutes since it was brought up so I thought I should remind everyone that Subban never actually got traded for the 5th. Just in case, ya know ... you’d forgotten or something.

@ChefBoiRD i got this for you brah

Reactions: Jyrki21

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Uh, yes? I never said it was. What is the point of this?

So that they can now say "see! I was right to condescendingly chastise you about confirmed vs unconfirmed reports, and it totally wasn't funny as hell when I was immediately totally wrong about that!"

Reactions: MS

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Hey guys, it’s been a few minutes since it was brought up so I thought I should remind everyone that Subban never actually got traded for the 5th. Just in case, ya know ... you’d forgotten or something.

@ChefBoiRD i got this for you brah

I owe you one, thanks brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad