Who was the better GM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Holy cow! We are turning rumored non trades into a grounds for dismisal debate. Comical to say the least. Straws anyone?

Are you really this obtuse? Are you actually capable of following a discussion?

It's a confirmed trade offer. Confirmed by the organization. It isn't a rumour.

If you're trying to trade your #1 pick in consecutive years for late-20s veterans, you aren't rebuilding. This is not hard.

Reactions: Jyrki21

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Are you really this obtuse? Are you actually capable of following a discussion?

It's a confirmed trade offer. Confirmed by the organization. It isn't a rumour.

If you're trying to trade your #1 pick in consecutive years for late-20s veterans, you aren't rebuilding. This is not hard.

And did these so called rumored trade(s) happen? No.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

We’ve established it didn’t happen. Congrats on processing that particular piece of information.

We’ve moved on to how what matters was Benning’s intent. Catch up please.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Whether those confirmed trade offers were accepted doesn't for a second change what those offers meant about the direction of the organization at the time.

Oh, and the offers for Eriksson and Gudbranson were made for the same reasons at the same time and were accepted.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
We’ve established it didn’t happen. Congrats on processing that particular piece of information.

We’ve moved on to how what matters was Benning’s intent. Catch up please.

I'm sorry if I refuse to argue about assumptions and trades that never happened. Is that weird or something?

Reactions: Strangelove

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes I'm very embarrassed right now. I'm blushing. Red as an apple. Grow up ya child, get off the monkey bars

What's next? "I'm telling on you!"

How is saying that I'm embarrassed for you childish? Your grasp of logic seems to be lacking on all fronts.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Whether those confirmed trade offers were accepted doesn't for a second change what those offers meant about the direction of the organization at the time.

Oh, and the offers for Eriksson and Gudbranson were made for the same reasons at the same time and were accepted.

Hey we're getting somewhere! Trades and signings that happened - Gudbranson and Eriksson. A miracle!

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
No seriously, if the Chef can quote a post arguing that Benning actually acquired PK Subban for the 5th pick in 2016 then we should all apologize to him and join him in mocking the poor misguided fool who believes this.

Of course if no one has actually said that then he needs to quit fabricating arguments that never happened. He’s not showing well in this debate and simply making up stuff isn’t helping.

Reactions: Hodgy

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
$3 million more for Bonino? What did he just sign for?

What does what Nick Bonino signed for in UFA this past offseason have to do with it?

The guy was under contract at an absolute steal of $1.9MM for 3 years and we acquired him at the start of his first year. That's 3 full seasons of $1.9MM vs 3.1 and then 4.375 w/NTC for Sutter.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
How is saying that I'm embarrassed for you childish? Your grasp of logic seems to be lacking on all fronts.

It's frightening to think that someone on a message board littered with cheesy debateing thinks that I should be ashamed for him feeling embarrassed for me. I'm sorry, I don't care. But hey, normal folk would know this so who am I kidding. Carry on with the antics, it's how you roll in the message board kingdom

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
It's frightening to think that someone on a message board littered with cheesy debateing thinks that I should be ashamed for him feeling embarrassed for me. I'm sorry, I don't care. But hey, normal folk would know this so who am I kidding. Carry on with the antics, it's how you roll in the message board kingdom

IM THE CIGARETTE SMOKING MAN, MISS SCULLY

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Elliotte Friedman reported that Vancouver had directly told him they were trading the #5 pick if Dubois was there.

Either the most trusted source in hockey outright lied for no apparent reason, with no rebuttal from the Canucks, or it happened. Period.

MS. You are mistaking facts. Friedman said, “Vancouver has confirmed this to me. There was a chance the Canucks were going to get PK Subban that night.” I can accept as a fact that Benning tried trading for Subban and that the #5 overall was involved (as opposed to Juolevi). But that's not what you said.

You said "Benning tried trading the Juolevi pick (and apparently Horvat) for Subban."

Where is the "confirmed report" of Horvat being thrown into the deal for Subban you speak of?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Remember that time a gillis led team finished with 83 points and he was fired?

At this point when Benning makes it to 83 points his fans will throw a parade.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
MS. You are mistaking facts. Friedman said, “Vancouver has confirmed this to me. There was a chance the Canucks were going to get PK Subban that night.” I can accept as a fact that Benning tried trading for Subban and that the #5 overall was involved (as opposed to Juolevi). But that's not what you said.

You said "Benning tried trading the Juolevi pick (and apparently Horvat) for Subban."

Where is the "confirmed report" of Horvat being thrown into the deal for Subban you speak of?

MS said affirmatively that he tried trading the 5OA, and that the Horvat part was rumored. I’m not really sure how else you can read that.

Also, what do you mean “as opposed to Juolevi?”

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
ROE, out of curiosity: how ****ing drunk were you when you decided these posters brought something to the table, and that you wanted it at this table?

Just think about what that other place must be like if this represents the cream of the crop.

Guessing it is all unfunny memes and cat photos.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

#5 overall is confirmed. Horvat is not, hence the 'apparently'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad