Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade [ Part II ]

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Bennetts vaolue keeps tanking. He hasn't look good at all this year.

I'd still want him on the leafs but It's just hard to gage his value right now

Reactions: Devonator

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I don't think its worth much. Unless TFP has gained some credibility in the past couple of years.

Eh, I could see Brind’Amour seeing something in Bennett and the Canes thinking there’s some value to be found there. But also, I don’t see them paying anywhere close to the rumored asking price.

Just doesn’t seem too far fetched of a rumor, regardless of source

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Scratching him due to an incoming trade?
At this point, he is more likely to hit waivers and get sent to the ahl than be traded.
I wanted him on the leafs before engvall started playing well at Center.
Now that engvall is playing well and kerfoot is excelling on the wing, I don’t see how the leafs fit him in.
If Calgary was interested in vesey for half salary retained Bennett, I think I would still do it. I still appreciate the grit he brings.
But vesey is the better hockey player.
maybe there is a team out there that would pay more than vesey..... can’t see much more being offered though

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Scratching him due to an incoming trade?

More likely because he's a detriment to the team.

I understood not trading him when it looked like he had the potential to get better. But at this point he is what he is - a guy with average speed, a good motor and not much else. In other words a solid bottom-six guy. The issue is he doesn't want to play in the bottom 6.

Ledge And Dairy

Alberta hockey is very interesting this year. I think Oilers fans and Flames fans hate their own teams and management more than each other, haha.
Man you have no idea how badly I wanted Simon to get claimed (pretty sure he cleared waivers by now but can't find anything saying he did or didn't). Ward is obsessed with trying to make him work with the Gaudreau line. Basically puts our best offensive line at a constant 4v5. He is the lowest paid coach in the league so I guess you get what you paid for

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Attachments

• tumblr_lfpai4IHiT1qftn0ko1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_lfpai4IHiT1qftn0ko1_1280.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Ducks.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Alberta hockey is very interesting this year. I think Oilers fans and Flames fans hate their own teams and management more than each other, haha.
I'm so disappointed by Bennett. He was one of my favorite players, but when he turned it over against the Sens and then flat out quit on the backcheck he lost me. Monahan and Bennett just never became what we hoped they would. They are the two highest picks in franchise history and one only seems to play during playoffs while the other is an average 2nd line center. Hard to win when your best full time center is still Mikael Backlund.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Does Bennett for Danault work at all?
I'd do it. Danault probably walks at the end of the year and he's completely redundant in Calgary with Backlund, Lindholm and Ryan all being good defensive centers. He's just a much better player than Bennett at this point and I've run out of patience with Bennett's effort level outside the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad