Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade [ Part II ]

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Love to have him on the Jets, he plays a good physical hard style that fits the Jets bottom six very good. All depends what the Flames want back for a bottom six guy demanding out, any trade with the Jets would require cap balancing out on both sides. Can’t imagine he’s going to return much in trade, sitting in the PB he’s worth nothing.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
i think habs would give up a 2nd for him...but what's his salary?
What about it? It doesn't have to be a 2nd for me, but that level of player. His contract ends at season's end. Salary tends to be less critical when it expires.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
NHL is so boring. An NHL Gm is scared to trade away a bottom 6 player who has specifically requested a trade. Treating him like he's a superstar.

Just trade the guy and get it over with already holy shit

stop lying, nobody is treating him like a superstar

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Love to have him on the Jets, he plays a good physical hard style that fits the Jets bottom six very good. All depends what the Flames want back for a bottom six guy demanding out, any trade with the Jets would require cap balancing out on both sides. Can’t imagine he’s going to return much in trade, sitting in the PB he’s worth nothing.

Maybe not, but if they want to give him away they would have done it already

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
If Calgary was close on a trade yesterday, it's on hold today. They won't trade him now until the new coach can see what he can do.

Sutter will probably love Bennett.

Reactions: Boomstick and Kalv

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It's always easier to shuffle the chairs (coaches) rather than completing a trade. Treliving will probably be gone soon as well, replaced by Sutter as the GM/coach.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
What about it? It doesn't have to be a 2nd for me, but that level of player. His contract ends at season's end. Salary tends to be less critical when it expires.
what about it? habs are up against the cap, that's what about it. they'd need to move equal money out at same time

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Feel like Sutter would absolutely loath the lack of passion and purpose Bennett has played with lately if we’re being honest.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Feel like Sutter would absolutely loath the lack of passion and purpose Bennett has played with lately if we’re being honest.

Sutter won't yank him around the lineup and play games with him. He will sit him down and give him a clearly defined role on this team. If he doesn't like it he will sit and be traded.

I am not saying Bennett hasn't struggled considerably, but it's tough to perform at your best when you are unhappy, and are clearly not apart of the coaches plans. Ward had no idea what to do with Bennett.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Sutter won't yank him around the lineup and play games with him. He will sit him down and give him a clearly defined role on this team. If he doesn't like it he will sit and be traded.

I am not saying Bennett hasn't struggled considerably, but it's tough to perform at your best when you are unhappy, and are clearly not apart of the coaches plans. Ward had no idea what to do with Bennett.
Relationships aren’t just magically repaired by replacing a coach. Bennett is pretty equally not in Treliving’s plans. Is it a better situation for Sam? Sure. Is it hilarious to say “close the thread he’s not getting traded because Sutter is coaching”? Yes.

It’s hard to be in anyone’s plans when clips come out of PLD level effort from the previous game. Like, I’ve never seen a player get more excuses from a fan base in my life. He needs to be accountable.

Reactions: MikeK

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think Darryl probably slides a pic of Kyle Clifford across the table to Bennett and says, this is what I want from you. If you're not into that, let me know right now, and I'll make sure you're traded. Outside of Bennett's physicality, I don't see Sutter liking much about his game.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Relationships aren’t just magically repaired by replacing a coach. Bennett is pretty equally not in Treliving’s plans. Is it a better situation for Sam? Sure. Is it hilarious to say “close the thread he’s not getting traded because Sutter is coaching”? Yes.

It’s hard to be in anyone’s plans when clips come out of PLD level effort from the previous game. Like, I’ve never seen a player get more excuses from a fan base in my life. He needs to be accountable.

What? From all accounts Bennett has always been in Treliving's plans.. which is why he's still here.

Milan Lucic nearly outright retired last season under Peters due to not having a defined role on the team and a bad relationship with the coach... The coaching change to Ward literally prolonged his career, and as a result he's playing great hockey at the moment.

The likely hood that Bennett is traded and or moved on from is still incredibly high, but I don't think it's a stretch to believe that we will see a much better version of Sam Bennett under Sutter while he is still on the roster.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What? From all accounts Bennett has always been in Treliving's plans.. which is why he's still here.

Milan Lucic nearly outright retired last season under Peters due to not having a defined role on the team and a bad relationship with the coach... The coaching change to Ward literally prolonged his career, and as a result he's playing great hockey at the moment.

The likely hood that Bennett is traded and or moved on from is still incredibly high, but I don't think it's a stretch to believe that we will see a much better version of Sam Bennett under Sutter while he is still on the roster.

Bennett checked out under Ward. See if he changes under Sutter. I doubt he ‘d last very long if he doesn’t

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Well we have a new coach. I have lost faith in Bennett, but maybe Darryl can find something in him.

or Darryl doesn't like the fact he asked for a deal out and tells Bennett to f*** himself. honestly could see it going either way. Not mater what Darryl will keep Bennett accountable. If Bennett keep floating around he won't be seeing the ice regardless of his demands for trade.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Bennett checked out under Ward. See if he changes under Sutter. I doubt he ‘d last very long if he doesn’t

And Ward checked out on Sam Bennett. It was a mutually destructive relationship. Neither party should escape criticism. I have never seen a player bounce around a lineup more than I have Sam Bennett. I think there was a disconnect between coach, player, and general manager and has been for quite some time. They all had different visions and roles in mind.

I think Sutter should be able to bridge that gap for the time being, and who knows where that will take things.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And Ward checked out on Sam Bennett. It was a mutually destructive relationship. Neither party should escape criticism. I have never seen a player bounce around a lineup more than I have Sam Bennett. I think there was a disconnect between coach, player, and general manager and has been for quite some time. They all had different visions and roles in mind.

I think Sutter should be able to bridge that gap for the time being, and who knows where that will take things.

ward does that to everyone. That’s why he is gone. But IMO, Bennett performed the worst

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

that is one thing with Sutter is he will determine everyone's roles and be very direct about it. It's a good thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad