Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade [ Part II ]

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Maybe he could make sense as an add-on in a Backlund trade. That way the decent return on Backlund would kind of mask the low return Bennett would get. If traded on his own there would be more scrutiny on that isolated return than in a larger package deal.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
On the subject of west coast fans hating their management, I understand it for Calgary and Van but I don’t know what much more Holland could have done with that mess he inherited in the short time

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
On the subject of west coast fans hating their management, I understand it for Calgary and Van but I don’t know what much more Holland could have done with that mess he inherited in the short time
I think its more directed at Tip than Holland. But Kenny sure didn't help himself in the last 12 months with his acquisitions/not filling holes. He didn't have much to work with, but the optics are that he wasn't exactly creative.

Reactions: Peen

Ledge And Dairy

It's telling to me that no coach we've had since Darryl Sutter has been rehired as a head coach in the NHL. Ward is the lowest paid head coach in the league. I guess you get what you pay for.
Well hold on, I actually think Peters was a decent coach for a while. Anyways, BT was given a chance this summer to go big on a top end coach and chose not to, even after that embarrassing exit in the playoffs. As much as I like his RFA dealing I'm not a fan of his coaching staff decision making.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Well hold on, I actually think Peters was a decent coach for a while. Anyways, BT was given a chance this summer to go big on a top end coach and chose not to, even after that embarrassing exit in the playoffs. As much as I like his RFA dealing I'm not a fan of his coaching staff decision making.
Peters has never won a playoff series and only coached in a single playoff series. Was he better than Ward? Sure, but that's not a high bar. Zero playoff wins one playoff appearance in 5 seasons of coaching isn't what I would call a decent coach. Then look at how much better Carolina was after he was gone.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
What is Calgary even looking for as a return for a trade?
Honestly no idea. I get the feeling we haven't made a coaching change because Treliving is on the hot seat. If that's true I would expect we are looking for a player to help turn the season around (someone like domi but we would have to add most likely).

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Honestly no idea. I get the feeling we haven't made a coaching change because Treliving is on the hot seat. If that's true I would expect we are looking for a player to help turn the season around (someone like domi but we would have to add most likely).
What do you want from Anaheim?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think its more directed at Tip than Holland. But Kenny sure didn't help himself in the last 12 months with his acquisitions/not filling holes. He didn't have much to work with, but the optics are that he wasn't exactly creative.
Modern management needs to be creative.

NHL GMs are on average, not creative... still

OBC baby Big jimbo Big treliving and big boi pete Chiarelli

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
tenor.gif

Just trade him already.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would do Heinen for Bennett in a heartbeat if that's what you guys are looking for
Again I have no idea what we are looking for. I think Heinen would be a panic trade, but I think Treliving is in a position where he would make a panic trade.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just a similar aged guy that has shown some flashes and drafted in a decent spot. Bennett is frustrating AF, because the guy looks elite one night and then looks like he doesn’t belong in the NHL the other. There’s no middle ground with the guy where he just goes out and does his job.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Bennett for Debrusk

Both players get a fresh start somewhere else

Good?
As others have said, Flames do this in an instant.

Bennett(@50%)+Stone for Reaves+NJ2nd
Always have like Reaves and 2nds, so I’d do this. Would love a heavy winger on the fourth line who doesn’t drag the line down.

Montour + Thompson for Bennett + Kylington

Would probably do just to give those two a chance. Mild interest in Montour though slightly redundant. Don’t know much about Thompson besides being tall and always a throw in in package deals...

I would do Heinen for Bennett in a heartbeat if that's what you guys are looking for

Seems fair. Would rather add to Bennett to get a nicer piece from Anaheim.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Morgan Geekie?

He’s a right shot guy, more of a C than a winger, but he might be available, no room for him in CAR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad