Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade [ Part II ]

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Actually now that you bring that up Sutter plays 3C on the Canucks and has 5 points in 21 games.

Anyway, I agree with the other posters, how about Gaudette for Bennett. Flames get more speed and urgency and the Canucks get more, well, Bennett.

If pressed to make the salary match, the Canucks could probably send Virtanen back to Calgary for Dube.

Maybe Gaudette and Virtanen for Bennett and Dube.

Dube isn’t available in a deal like that. Flames value him way to much.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Buzzman17

Apr 13, 2017
Would Bennett for Galchenyuk work? Both high draft picks that haven’t lived up to their draft positions. Both have upside based on that. Toronto can add for retention.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It's saddening to see what Calgary molded. Kid was once trying to be a player. Now he is just a dirty missile because he thinks that's what they want. Talk of mixed signals...

Reactions: TheNumber4

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Maybe Treliving is so petty that he protects and qualifies him just so he can be in control of Bennett's 'scenery' for another season.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
You mean the guy the Flames could of picked up on waivers for free? No.
common flames just send him home where he wants to be, don't be so stubborn now, will give you a bag of pucks for him cause we can't afford anyone anymore............hmmmm

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
It's saddening to see what Calgary molded. Kid was once trying to be a player. Now he is just a dirty missile because he thinks that's what they want. Talk of mixed signals...

That's a really poorly run team. Obviously something is quite toxic over there. Maybe from those awful owners.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
How many times a week does Bennett ask for a trade?
i don't think he asked for a trade, i think what he said is if your no going to use me properly move me, he and the coach don't get along and it is an issue, i bet if they fired the coach he would turn it around and he will never be a point producer as everyone expected but he will work hard, and will always be a playoff kind of player that every team needs, that is my take on his situation but gladly take him on the leafs in a heart beat, he is a heart and soul player for sure.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Why do they value Dube so highly? His stats are meh.

If I’m being honest, I don’t think the Flames would deal Dube for Virtanen and Gaudette. The really like his speed, he’s a great fit for the team and I think he should be a consistent 40-50pt top 6 player throughout his career. This is really only his 2nd full season and he was injured for a bit. Also most of our team outside of Johnny and Lindholm have been garbage, so I wouldn’t read to much into his numbers.

I see him being a Lombardi type of player that is a much better finisher

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
If he wasn’t a 4th overall pick... would anybody care? The obsession with draft pedigree years after try draft is insane. Same with Galchenyuk,

Bennett is heading towards a Tobias Reider (or Gally) like career. He will bounce around a few more teams... heck Reider’s career high in points is still greater than Bennett’s.

Reactions: Izzy Goodenough

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Really? How many players would you waive before him?

Leivo, Simon, and Ryan again once he’s back off LTIR are the ones that could get waived. I doubt Bennett or anyone else would get waived. Bennett would get picked up I think, there are quite a few teams that could manage his cap hit easy enough and it’s just for this year, see how he fits with a different coach and roster and maybe flipped for a pick at the deadline. If they don’t flip him, they wouldn’t qualify him and they aren’t out much. For the team taking him, it would be worth it to see how he fits, he’s been totally mismanaged in Calgary and could turn it around somewhere else. Very little risk in it and could be good reward.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Leivo, Simon, and Ryan again once he’s back off LTIR are the ones that could get waived. I doubt Bennett or anyone else would get waived. Bennett would get picked up I think, there are quite a few teams that could manage his cap hit easy enough and it’s just for this year, see how he fits with a different coach and roster and maybe flipped for a pick at the deadline. If they don’t flip him, they wouldn’t qualify him and they aren’t out much. For the team taking him, it would be worth it to see how he fits, he’s been totally mismanaged in Calgary and could turn it around somewhere else. Very little risk in it and could be good reward.
Naming three players versus "being on of the last waived" are two very different comments dont you think?

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Naming three players versus "being on of the last waived" are two very different comments dont you think?

Not really. Look through the roster, who else would get waived? The 3 I listed are most likely to get waived, Bennett has a slim chance, he is probably one of the last to get waived of those who could get waived, since Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Backlund, Mangiapane, Dube etc would never get waived. So of the ones that may get waived, if he’s not one of the last to get waived, who is?

I understand looking at the whole team he is one of the earlier ones to get waived, but 80-90 percent of the team would never get waived, so of the ones likely to get waived, he is one of the last.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
He's basically worthless, IMO.

He's averaging .29 going back 144 games and three seasons and trending downwards. At most they'll get another "change of scenery" type guy.

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
He's basically worthless, IMO.

He's averaging .29 going back 144 games and three seasons and trending downwards. At most they'll get another "change of scenery" type guy.

He doesn’t have much value, definitely should be a bigger point producer than he is. He usually plays better in playoffs, so could be a good depth piece to bring some intensity for playoffs, but I’m not expecting much in return for him. I see him staying and management hoping he goes to Seattle. Like I said before, could do well under different management and could turn it around.

Last edited:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not really. Look through the roster, who else would get waived? The 3 I listed are most likely to get waived, Bennett has a slim chance, he is probably one of the last to get waived of those who could get waived, since Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk, Backlund, Mangiapane, Dube etc would never get waived. So of the ones that may get waived, if he’s not one of the last to get waived, who is?

I understand looking at the whole team he is one of the earlier ones to get waived, but 80-90 percent of the team would never get waived, so of the ones likely to get waived, he is one of the last.
He said one of the last on the entire roster, not just "last of the guys who maybe will get waived".

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Where did he say that? The post I saw he said “He’s one of the last players we would waive.”
Yes. How exactly did you get "one of the last players we would waive outside of the players we definitely wont waive before him". The mental gymnastics you have to go through to get to that point... :laugh:

If I say "Svechnikov is one of our best players" would you think that I meant "he's one of our best except for our good players"?

Last edited:

Pucknut22

Jan 25, 2021
Yes. How exactly did you get "one of the last players we would waive outside of the players we definitely wont waive before him". The mental gymnastics you have to go through to get to that point... :laugh:

The original quote was right.. there are people Flames should waive before him. Bennett is one of the last they should waive. And there is a lot of people that there is no chance they should waive. Not really mental gymnastics, Bennett is the last of the players you should waive, the rest are off the table completely. You had asked this before, not really sure why had an issue with what was said?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad