B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Surprised the Ottawa and Belleville Sens never posted it but Englund was re-signed yesterday. Appears that Cap Friendly broke it.

Being a two-way contract, he would be eligible for waivers now, wouldn't he?

Reactions: aragorn

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Surprised the Ottawa and Belleville Sens never posted it but Englund was re-signed yesterday. Appears that Cap Friendly broke it.

Being a two-way contract, he would be eligible for waivers now, wouldn't he?

Two way contract has nothing to do with waivers. And no, he's not waiver exempt.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Two way contract has nothing to do with waivers. And no, he's not waiver exempt.
Care to kindly explain why he wouldn't have to go through waivers rather shoot down the question?

To save further confusion, "not waivers exempt" would mean a player does have to clear waivers because they're not exempt from it.

Reactions: aragorn

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Care to kindly explain why he wouldn't have to go through waivers rather shoot down the question?

To save further confusion, "not waivers exempt" would mean a player does have to clear waivers because they're not exempt from it.

Not exempt means you do have to go through waivers. Englund is no longer exempt.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Not exempt means you do have to go through waivers. Englund is no longer exempt.

Correct. The type of contract you sign has no bearing on your waiver status. Once the player passes a certain time period or a number of games played, he becomes part of waiver forever. Doesn't matter if he's got a one, two or a three way.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not surprised that the Sens re-signed Englund especially if what we hear is correct & they are going to try & move Harpur at the draft. They need a big D who can skate & be a shutdown D in the NHL on their left side, if they don't think that Harpur is that guy. They can't go with a small player as a shutdown D, hell, they tried Ceci who is 6'3" & that didn't work. Wolanin has good size, but plays more like a PMD than a shutdown D & they will need someone on the PK & to hold a lead.

Their LD that could be considered NHL shutdown D are Boro, Harpur, Englund & maybe Lajoie. Their RD that could be considered shutdown D are Jaros & Ceci & we all know how Ceci has turned out trying to play that role. IMO they have too many small PMD in this org & need to find two good shutdown D for their 3rd pairing who can skate & contribute offensively. Harpur & Englund actually played very well together in Belleville as a tandem one yr with Harpur playing on the right side, they may try that in Ottawa next season at some point. If neither of these two work out, they could re-sign Boro at the end of this yr, if he ends up being the only decent shutdown LD on this team.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What's our depth on D in Belleville like right now?

NHL
Chabot-DeMelo
Wolanin?-Ceci?
Brannstrom?-Jaros
Boro
Harpur?

Lajoie could make the team ahead of one of Wolanin or Brannstrom.

AHL
Lajoie-Ebert
Alsing?-?
Englund-?

Do we re-sign Bergdoerfer, Elliott, Goloubef and Falk? Am I missing something?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
DeMello & Boro are both UFAs this yr & one or both could be moved by the deadline. Burgdoerfer, Elliott, Goloubef & Falk are also UFAs & all three could be gone by July 1. Ceci needs a contract or he will be traded & there is some talk of trading Harpur at the draft which doesn't leave much & makes one wonder about Ottawa drafting some more D in this draft to stock up. I also think that whoever they start the yr at whether at forward or on defence or even in net won't be the same team they end up with at the end of the season. I expect a lot of changes this coming season.

Of course, if they draft Seider RD he could go directly to Belleville to play next season & if he does well enough could see some NHL time after the deadline. Ottawa needs a shutdown tandem who can play in the NHL, Harpur & Englund played that role in Belleville one yr with Harpur playing the right side, not sure those two would be good enough at the NHL level but you never know. Lots of questions on D going into next yr & most likely will be question marks all yr.

To Start the yr maybe:
Chabot - DeMello - I expect that DeMello or Boro could be traded by the deadline
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Jaros/Harpur - still not sure what we have in Jaros, is he a 2nd pairing D or a 3rd?

After the deadline:
Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Brannstrom
Harpur/Boro - Jaros - whoever doesn't get traded could finish the yr on the 3rd pairing

Belleville Defence:
Brannstrom - Ebert
Lajoie - ??? - I expect Belleville could sign a veteran RD or re-sign one or two RD they already have.
Englund - Goloubef - could get re-signed

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
DeMello & Boro are both UFAs this yr & one or both could be moved by the deadline. Burgdoerfer, Elliott, Goloubef & Falk are also UFAs & all three could be gone by July 1. Ceci needs a contract or he will be traded & there is some talk of trading Harpur at the draft which doesn't leave much & makes one wonder about Ottawa drafting some more D in this draft to stock up. I also think that whoever they start the yr at whether at forward or on defence or even in net won't be the same team they end up with at the end of the season. I expect a lot of changes this coming season.

Of course, if they draft Seider RD he could go directly to Belleville to play next season & if he does well enough could see some NHL time after the deadline. Ottawa needs a shutdown tandem who can play in the NHL, Harpur & Englund played that role in Belleville one yr with Harpur playing the right side, not sure those two would be good enough at the NHL level but you never know. Lots of questions on D going into next yr & most likely will be question marks all yr.

To Start the yr maybe:
Chabot - DeMello - I expect that DeMello or Boro could be traded by the deadline
Wolanin - Ceci
Boro - Jaros/Harpur - still not sure what we have in Jaros, is he a 2nd pairing D or a 3rd?

After the deadline:
Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Brannstrom
Harpur/Boro - Jaros - whoever doesn't get traded could finish the yr on the 3rd pairing

Belleville Defence:
Brannstrom - Ebert
Lajoie - ??? - I expect Belleville could sign a veteran RD or re-sign one or two RD they already have.
Englund - Goloubef - could get re-signed

I think Sieder is under contract for another year or two in Europe, I recall reading that somewhere. If we draft him, don't expect to see him in NA right away imo.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

NHL
Chabot-DeMelo
Wolanin?-Ceci?
Brannstrom?-Jaros
Boro
Harpur?

AHL
Lajoie-Ebert
Alsing?-?
Englund-?

Is Alsing coming over this yr? Thought it wasn't til next

Besides that you look all right

I would like them to bring Goloubef back, maybe Elliott but I wouldn't be surprised to see them shop elsewhere. We should have more clarity by Sunday

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is Alsing coming over this yr? Thought it wasn't til next

Besides that you look all right

I would like them to bring Goloubef back, maybe Elliott but I wouldn't be surprised to see them shop elsewhere. We should have more clarity by Sunday

I think you are right about Alsing, I think I recall reading that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Last edited:

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006

NHL
Chabot-DeMelo
Wolanin?-Ceci?
Brannstrom?-Jaros
Boro
Harpur?

AHL
Lajoie-Ebert
Alsing?-?
Englund-?

We also have Miles Gendron as a LHD, hopefully we can re sign Goloubef and/or Elliot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad