B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Providence Bruins‏Verified account @AHLBruins 6m6 minutes ago
TRADE: The Providence Bruins have acquired Stuart Percy from Belleville in exchange for Austin Fyten #PBruinsPride #ItAllStartsHere #LetsGoBruins

What is the point of this?

Percy is a pretty decent AHL D-man and Austin Fyten looks like a filler, never heard of him before.

Sounds like a favor Dorion is doing to the Bruins organization, and that could help facilate a future trade in the summer? Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade like Zack Smith for David Backes and a 2nd. Backes has 2 years left at 6.0 cap hit but only 4.0 in salary. Zack Smith has 2 years left at 3.25 in both cap hit/salary... Seems like a win-win for both teams. Bruins are in pretty big cap trouble for next year.

Oh well, I'm calling it right now.

What's everyones prediction?

Does Bellville make the playoffs and are they deep enough to do some damage?

Line-up is totally stacked, some quality veterans but many high quality young players. They should make the playoffs but you never know what happens after that. They have the roster and seem to have the coaching and goaltending, so everything is possible.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
When - if? - Belleville ever get completely healthy, they would have too many vets to use them all at the same time. Falk, O'Brien, Burgdoerfer, Goloubef, Archibald, Elliott, Balisy and Percy all count against the AHL vet limit.

I guess Percy was the odd man out, just too bad they couldn't at least get somebody somewhat useful in return.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stats aren't everything, but seems like a weird trade on that basis alone. Percy is a good AHL dman, this other player is meh.
Maybe Fyten makes less than Percy in the AHL & it's PD & EM cutting corners again to save a few nickels & dimes. The Sens have plenty of defencemen & Percy won't be missed, I doubt they need this new guy either though.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
What's everyones prediction?

Does Bellville make the playoffs and are they deep enough to do some damage?
I think they make the playoffs - don't think Utica is deep enough to maintain a lead over Belleville. The problem is Belleville most likely plays Syracuse or Rochester in the first round, will be tough series to get through.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Stats aren't everything, but seems like a weird trade on that basis alone. Percy is a good AHL dman, this other player is meh.
Barely played recently to be fair. The additions of Elliot, Goloubef and Lajoie make him expendable with Englund and Murray being higher up in the depth chart for us.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
When - if? - Belleville ever get completely healthy, they would have too many vets to use them all at the same time. Falk, O'Brien, Burgdoerfer, Goloubef, Archibald, Elliott, Balisy and Percy all count against the AHL vet limit.

I guess Percy was the odd man out, just too bad they couldn't at least get somebody somewhat useful in return.

Pretty much this.

Dorion has been very on top of Belleville this season, making half a dozen small moves throughout the season. They definitely seem to have worked, because Belleville went from 29th place a month ago to basically tied for a playoff spot today.

Reactions: derriko

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Percy wasn't going to be taking any ice time away from Wolanin, Brannstrom or Lajoie. He wasn't even getting in the line up before Brannstrom and Lajoie arrived. Falk would play over him as well.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Percy wasn't going to be taking any ice time away from Wolanin, Brannstrom or Lajoie. He wasn't even getting in the line up before Brannstrom and Lajoie arrived. Falk would play over him as well.
I do not recall him being a healthy scratch. I've watched several games and thought he was better value than the guy they got for him

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He definitely didn't play on Saturday when I went. It was Brannstrom-Goloubef, Lajoie-Burgdoerfer, Englund-Elliott as the pairings.

@jekhob follows them close and he says he was not getting in recently as well... In my defense I did say I did not recall him being healthied ... and my memory is piss poor.. :laugh: I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Reactions: jehkob

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
GF/GA/60 Forwards
xGtwfo.jpg

Defense
v5yaHq.jpg

D pts/60 vs TOI / gp
MdBx8K.jpg

Tableau Public

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
They should send everyone down from the nhl club that is younger than 23 years old,and send up the AHL vets in their stead...Lol

Reactions: jehkob and h2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad