B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Wolanin and Brannstrom have nothing else to prove in the AHL.
They both have one pro season under their belts. Brannstrom having less than 50 games experience in the AHL. Sure they’ve been doing well down there but let’s not act like they were world beaters. They surely will not be affected negatively by starting the season in Belleville.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Wolanin should be in the NHL. Brannstrom should be in the AHL unless he's one of our best 4 D in camp. There's still plenty of room for him to grow in the minors. I was impressed by him in Belleville but he can definitely gain to be the guy down there running the PP, playing huge minutes and having the puck on his stick a lot and in big moments. He only turns 20 in September. He's still so young.

I didn't think of this much on the weekend but Nick Ebert is really the biggest loser (besides Dorion) from the weekend. He probably had an outside shot to make the team in camp, now he's probably gonna have to wait for multiple injuries.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
AHL roster could look something like:

Formenton - Brown - Abramov
Carcone - Veronneau - Szwarz
Klimchuk- Norris - Rodewald
Sturtz - Beaudin - Davidsson
Kelly

Brannstrom - Ebert
Lajoie - Goloubef
Englund - ??????

Hogberg
Gustavsson

....with Paul, Chlapik, Balcers and Wolanin in the NHL.

Could be a team that contends for a Calder Cup if all goes well.

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019

Kelly

Brannstrom - Ebert
Lajoie - Goloubef
Englund - ??????

Hogberg
Gustavsson

Alsing on D

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Another addition to the Belleville staff.
nothing to see here... move along
giphy.gif

Last edited:

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006

Kelly

Brannstrom - Ebert
Lajoie - Goloubef
Englund - ??????

Hogberg
Gustavsson

Also have Jordan Labate (LW) and Miles Gendron (LD) under contract for next season, not sure why CapFriendly doesn't show them

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In Ottawa to Start the Year: ................... In Ottawa to End the Year:

Duclair - Tierny - Ryan ................................... Duclair - Tierny - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson .......................... Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Boedker - Pageau - C. Brown ........................... Formenton - L. Brown - Veronneau
Paul - Smith - Ennis ................. ....................... Paul - Smith - C. Brown/Swartz

Chabot - Zaitsev ................................................ Chabot - Zaitsev
Wolanin - DeMello ............................................ Wolanin - Jaros
Boroweicki - Hainsey/Jaros .............................. Brannstrom - Goloubef/Lajoie

Anderson - Nilsson/Condon .............................. Nilsson - Hogberg/Gustavsson

In Belleville to Start the Year: ............... In Belleville to End the Year:

Formenton - Brown - Veronneau ...................... Balcers - Chlapik - Davidsson
Balcers - Chlapik - Davidsson ............................ Abramov - Norris - Sturtz
Abramov - Norris - Sturtz .................................. Klimchuk - Kelly - Rodewald
Klimchuk - Kelly - Rodewald ............................. Labate - Beaudin - Carcone
Labate - Beaudin - Carcone

Alsing - Brannstrom ........................................... Alsing - Ebert
Lajoie - Goloubef ................................................ Lajoie - JBD
Englund - Ebert/Gendron .................................. Englund - Gendron

Hogberg - Condon ............................................... Gustavsson - Daccord

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Balcers is better than Paul and Boedker and Formenton for now. Don't see any scenario where he isn't on Sens opening roster unless he ****s the bed in preseason.

Nice try.

I like Balcers a lot but I could definitely see him not making the team if he doesnt really bring it. My guess is the team will reward players who really step up b/c we are gonna have a very competitive camp, lots of guys competing for similar roles...

Not saying I agree with his predictions but I dont think there are many guys with guaranteed jobs...

Tierney, White, Tkachuk, Ryan, Pageau, C. Brown on F...

Chabot, Zaitsev, Hainsey, DeMelo on D.... Jaros IMO is fringe, he should have a spot locked up but if he blows it in camp then he will sit

Everyone else needs to prove themselves in camp if they want a starting lineup job. I love Duclair, but I could see him sitting. I love Wolanin but same. I think this yr is about forming a culture of accountability and its beneficial for everyone to realize that you need to constantly be proving your worth.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
B-Sens will be a legit contender this year. They have everything... O, D, good coaching and good goaltending. Would be great for some of our future full-timers to get a deep run in the playoffs this year. Hopefully they can hit the ground running when the season starts.

Reactions: h2owned

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
B-Sens will be a legit contender this year. They have everything... O, D, good coaching and good goaltending. Would be great for some of our future full-timers to get a deep run in the playoffs this year. Hopefully they can hit the ground running when the season starts.

They could be without 5 of their 8 top scorers from last season. Not trying to take away from the kids we have down there, but there could be an adjustment period, especially to start the year.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
They could be without 5 of their 8 top scorers from last season. Not trying to take away from the kids we have down there, but there could be an adjustment period, especially to start the year.

That's true but their goaltending is settled now (it wasn't very good in the beginning of last season), as is the first year coach adjustment. They might also be adding Lajoie for a big chunk of the season if he doesn't make the big club.

I assume you are talking about Wolanin, Batherson, Balcers, Brown and one of Chlapik/Paul?
Wolanin might be here full-time, but that means Brannstrom is in Belleville. So that kind of evens itself out, maybe even a slight win to Belleville for that.
Belleville was without Balcers down the stretch and was playing pretty well, they have Abramov and maybe Davidsson to cushion that loss.
Batherson is a big loss for sure, not gonna lie.
Brown I can't see being in Ottawa full time, he'll get a good look at some point for sure though.
For Chlapik or Paul I don't think that's anything Belleville can't surmount, kind of like the Balcers loss, by committee I see them making up for it. I realize that they both produced well.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That's true but their goaltending is settled now (it wasn't very good in the beginning of last season), as is the first year coach adjustment. They might also be adding Lajoie for a big chunk of the season if he doesn't make the big club.

I assume you are talking about Wolanin, Batherson, Balcers, Brown and one of Chlapik/Paul?
Wolanin might be here full-time, but that means Brannstrom is in Belleville. So that kind of evens itself out, maybe even a slight win to Belleville for that.
Belleville was without Balcers down the stretch and was playing pretty well, they have Abramov and maybe Davidsson to cushion that loss.
Batherson is a big loss for sure, not gonna lie.
Brown I can't see being in Ottawa full time, he'll get a good look at some point for sure though.
For Chlapik or Paul I don't think that's anything Belleville can't surmount, kind of like the Balcers loss, by committee I see them making up for it. I realize that they both produced well.

Tambellini was the other one, but he's in the same spot as Paul/Chlapik/Balcers (not an insurmountable loss).

The team SHOULD be better, just tough to figure out how much better given the amount of graduates it should have this season (whether at the beginning of the season or post deadline).

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006

Carcone, Szwarz (who we just acquired) and Klimchuk who only played 8 games for us last season, are all former 20 goal scorers in the AHL. Even though like you said in your last post it's hard to determine what our roster will look because we don't know who has graduated yet, I think we've picked up enough fire power to make up for what we've lost. Then again, I said that last year and we were brutal until February/March so meh, what do I know.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Balcers is better than Paul and Boedker and Formenton for now. Don't see any scenario where he isn't on Sens opening roster unless he ****s the bed in preseason.

Nice try.

It could come down to the numbers again this yr & who has a one way contract for next season. I assume that Ryan, Tierny, Duclair, Boedker, Smith, Pageau, C. Brown, Tkachuk, White & Ennis will probably all start the yr in Ottawa at forward & Chabot, Zaitsev, Wolanin, Boro, Hainsey & DeMello should probably also start the yr in Ottawa on defence. Along with Anderson & Nilsson who I think will be the goalies in Ottawa to start the yr that's 10 forwards & 7 defencemen already accounted for. That leaves room for maybe 3 forwards & 1 defenceman if their intention is to carry 23 players to start the yr. On defence I think Jaros has the inside track to be the 7th D & at forward I think it could be Paul who is basically on his last chance of making this team. Also Batherson who was probably the best player in this org not on the NHL team yet & maybe one of Balcers, Veronneau or Davidsson.

Then of course, we'll see throughout the course of the season next yr which of the 11 UFAs they can move & which ones they can't move & may have to carry until the end of the yr like Boedker or Condon who could be difficult to move or re-sign. I would imagine that the following yr's starting lineup after training camp will look very different from this yr's team's starting lineup. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad