B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lot of work to be done on that Belleville blueline if the team is going to be competitive at all in this upcoming season. As of now I guess it's Lajoie, Ebert and maybe Englund?

Yeah, I bet Englund is a gonner. Most likely going back to SWE.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
good move. Addresses an area of weakness

Edit: looks like a 1 way ..(maybe lol) I'd be ok with that

Huh... I wonder if this means anything wrt Ceci this offseason? Ebert seems to me like he'll be on the bottom pair (unless he proves otherwise) but they might think Jaros and DeMelo can handle the top 4 with Chabot and Brannstrom.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I've tried to put together some kind of a lineup for next season in Belleville, it's most likely they will be adding players leading up to the season opener, but have I missed anyone? Of course, there could be changes made at the NHL level before the start of the season that could affect Belleville's lineup & Belleville usually signs some guys themselves on AHL contracts. The RD position is the weakest in the org, not sure if they will re-sign any of their UFAs RDs for Belleville, most likely will sign some new players to replace some of the UFAs. IMO Balcers, Batherson, Paul & Wolanin graduate to Ottawa for next yr.

2019 - 2020 Belleville Senators:

Norris - Brown - Davidsson
Formenton - Chlapik - Sturtz
Abramov - Luchuk - Veronneau
Klimchuk - Kelly - Rodewald/Beaudin

Brannstrom - Elliott ???
Lajoie - Goloubef ???
Englund - Burgdoerfer ???

Hogberg - Gustavsson/Daccord

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I've tried to put together some kind of a lineup for next season in Belleville, it's most likely they will be adding players leading up to the season opener, but have I missed anyone? Of course, there could be changes made at the NHL level before the start of the season that could affect Belleville's lineup & Belleville usually signs some guys themselves on AHL contracts. The RD position is the weakest in the org, not sure if they will re-sign any of their UFAs RDs for Belleville, most likely will sign some new players to replace some of the UFAs. IMO Balcers, Batherson, Paul & Wolanin graduate to Ottawa for next yr.

Brannstrom - Elliott ???
Lajoie - Goloubef ???

The RD is bad I know. But you can call me crazy, but I really like that team if they can patch that hole up.

Its deep with some intriguing prospects at all positions.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Brannstrom - Elliott ???
Lajoie - Goloubef ???

Brannstrom was the cause of Dorion's proudest moment .. regardless of the extremely high cost... He will be in the bigs

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brannstrom was the cause of Dorion's proudest moment .. regardless of the extremely high cost... He will be in the bigs
Don't you think they will allow him to get a bit bigger, stronger & put on a little more muscle & weight? Who gets sent down if he will be in the bigs?

I think it might depend on what they want to do next season & whether they want to contend or pretend to contend while doing everything to garner the best draft spot possible.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Don't you think they will allow him to get a bit bigger, stronger & put on a little more muscle & weight? Who gets sent down if he will be in the bigs?

I think it might depend on what they want to do next season & whether they want to contend or pretend to contend while doing everything to garner the best draft spot possible.

I think he should earn a spot. I think he'll play on the right side.
I don't know who gets moved or sent down/waived or traded ... but I think Dorion will want to parade his shiny new toy asap.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think he should earn a spot. I think he'll play on the right side.
I don't know who gets moved or sent down/waived or traded ... but I think Dorion will want to parade his shiny new toy asap.

Keeping him in the AHL helps the tank and helps keeps his salary a bit lower for a bit longer probably.

I know Dorion said he wants to push for the playoffs but:

- This is Canada
- Just finished in the bottom 3 two years in a row

He couldn't really not say it.

Reactions: Xspyrit and aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Keeping him in the AHL helps the tank and helps keeps his salary a bit lower for a bit longer probably.

I know Dorion said he wants to push for the playoffs but:

- This is Canada
- Just finished in the bottom 3 two years in a row

He couldn't really not say it.

The Leafs told us there would be pain in rebuilding. If Dorion said the same thing .. I think it would have been better accepted. Yes he could really not say it. Now if he couldn't help himself from bubbling over with excitement , that's another story. Its almost like he feels he needs to BS everyone with the most positive take possible.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Leafs told us there would be pain in rebuilding. If Dorion said the same thing .. I think it would have been better accepted. Yes he could really not say it. Now if he couldn't help himself from bubbling over with excitement , that's another story. Its almost like he feels he needs to BS everyone with the most positive take possible.
This town doesn't support a losing franchise the way Toronto has supported one for over 60 yrs. They have the population & corporate base & the money from that to make moves Ottawa can only dream of. The goal for every team every year is to win the cup but they also need to be somewhat realistic & this is where Dorion seems to always go over the top & over promising.

I doubt anyone in the Sens organization thinks this team will be a playoff team in the next two or 3 yrs, when they have just started this rebuild & are still transitioning from their old players to their new players. And then there is that whole thing about getting into the lottery next season & what that might take. However, with this team, with this GM & this owner who knows what goes through crazy people's minds.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I don't disagree but we aren't the target audience when he makes comments like that, he is saying that to the casuals.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was in hospital for 17 days, then a month in skilled nursing unit......

Glad to be home.......

Did anybody miss me~~~~~???????​

Welcome back, hope your feeling better.

If it makes you feel better, you didn't miss much...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Glad to be home.......

Of course we did, Zeke. You're one of the legends around here for sure. You're basically synonymous whenever someone mentions our baby Sens.

I'm glad you're doing better and receiving good help. Hope to see you around here more!

Reactions: ZekeA and OD99

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Of course we did, Zeke. You're one of the legends around here for sure. You're basically synonymous whenever someone mentions our baby Sens.

I'm glad you're doing better and receiving good help. Hope to see you around here more!

:ReginKarlssonLehner:

Thanks for the kind words......

Pneumonia is a bad thing especially at my age, hell any age...... I had it bad.....

Slowly am getting stronger thank God......

I miss the Sens.......

I will try and post more here next season, as this is a great place to post.....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Glad to be home.......

Good to hear you are feeling better Zeke, I think we all wish you & your family the very best. I miss reading your posts. Keep fighting the good fight my friend. Be well.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Aragorn:

Nice hearing from you my friend......

I am slowly getting stronger, and hope for the beast......

I hope God lets me have a few more seasons of hockey.....

I miss this blog good information with knowledgeable posters....

Will try to post more here next season....

Be well, I miss the Sens.....

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Oh good I’m glad klimchuk is back for more evaluation. Or just Belleville help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad