B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am not too impressed that Troy failed to get them firing on all cylinders
Is this a serious post? They went 17 games straight recording a point. Only people to blame is dorion for not giving them wolanin and balcers for the run and players like Logan Brown going ice cold down the stretch.

Reactions: derriko

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Is this a serious post? They went 17 games straight recording a point. Only people to blame is dorion for not giving them wolanin and balcers for the run and players like Logan Brown going ice cold down the stretch.

Yes, t’was serious.

Something was not right in the last three or four games.

They needed to adjust.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
You can bring a horse to water.... Brown had 1 goal in his last 18 games. Look no further than that, if your first line center produces like that down the stretch you wont win.

Right, agreed. But the team as a whole was unable to finish the plays. Something more than a few players not being ‘there’.

Unless they were burnt out from the 17 game run which Brown was no part of...

Troy had to change it up for the final game, yet they played the same way as they did against the marlies.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes, t’was serious.

Something was not right in the last three or four games.

They needed to adjust.

I wouldn't blame Mann either. The guys that were carrying them stopped producing.. Brown seemed to be nursing something. Paul was sick at least for the last two.. Batherson stopped scoring, Chlapik wasn't doing much.. They missed Wolanin quite a bit and Balcers as well. Two key cogs that turned the wheel down there.
They lost it and for whatever reason never got it back. If the big guns stop firing and those were what got you as far as you've come and you don't have the horse behind them , not much you can do.

Their PK wasn't good most of the year... that's an area I think we can look at the coaching staff for improvements.

Reactions: derriko

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I wouldn't blame Mann either. The guys that were carrying them stopped producing.. Brown seemed to be nursing something. Paul was sick at least for the last two.. Batherson stopped scoring, Chlapik wasn't doing much.. They missed Wolanin quite a bit and Balcers as well. Two key cogs that turned the wheel down there.
They lost it and for whatever reason never got it back. If the big guns stop firing and those were what got you as far as you've come and you don't have the horse behind them , not much you can do.

Their PK wasn't good most of the year... that's an area I think we can look at the coaching staff for improvements.

I had a conversation about this today at lunch, and I heard the same point as you are making. Maybe I am being to critical because I am disappointed. I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't be more fired up for the final 3.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I had a conversation about this today at lunch, and I heard the same point as you are making. Maybe I am being to critical because I am disappointed. I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't be more fired up for the final 3.
Choking is about getting too keyed up.. Usually when you choke you look like you are out to lunch. Could be it part of it with some of these guys.. Its hard to explain and find a definitive answer. Look at Tampa Bay ,,, they were missing a couple D but other than in small dribs and drabs they were not the same team..Lots of people are pointing at the coach because its an easy answer to a question to which there are no easy answers.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

They came within two pts of making the playoffs even with all the diversity in this org this past yr which was a pipe dream earlier in the yr. Speaking of pipe, I wonder if they will introduce the bong as an after game relaxer to reduce stress in athletes who play major sports in Canada & some States? :laugh: There were also 14 other teams that didn't make the playoffs in the AHL in their conference & some with a much worse record.

Close but no cigar/preroll, however, they are in a pretty good position to rebuild in the next three drafts & IMO fans should look to what is possible in the future rather than be stuck in what could have been in the past. It's history & we move on to bigger & better things with this franchise starting with the draft in June. Of course, they could select players in the drafts that some of us don't want & the bitching will continue, it's the nature of the beast, it's what we do. :naughty: Have a great Easter weekend.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He's the best along with Brannstrom, but for a team as bad as we are, I do think our prospect pool sometimes gets overrated. It's deep, but lacking star power.

I too think it is over-rated, but not "vastly", but quite a bit! :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
To me it’s because they were in too big of hole mid season. It took a 17 games point streak to be back in the playoffs hunt. Plus they were fighting for a spot with very good teams

There has also been a very huge amount of injuries in the organization which really didn’t help, particularly to get some kind of stability. And of course the big team’s context of « rebuilding »

Finally, it’s important to note that most key players were in their first pro year.

Oh yeah and forgot, new coach, new system, took time to adapt

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Mann leaned heavily on Brown & Batherson all year...even though we didn't make the playoffs, it's been a great year for their development going forward.

Brown, other than a fluke injury during practice at the start of the season, managed to stay relatively healthy throughout the season and had decent production on top of that. Back checks hard and you don't see anyone complaining he doesn't use his size anymore.

Batherson had a phenomenal year, his production speaks for itself. The guy just started practising with Crosby/MacKinnon/Marchand last off season as well. He's going to be an absolute monster come October practicing with those guys all summer + the year of pro experience he just had.

EDIT: Paragraphs

Last edited:

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
I’m not about to get ahead of myself, but next year is going to be monumental in the direction this team is heading

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I just hope that they dont rush any prospects. Browns finish to the season tells me he isnt ready. I hope formenton also gets serious time down there.
Depends what happens over the summer training-wise, but I would be starting Brown and Formenton in the NHL and then send down if necessary

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Depends what happens over the summer training-wise, but I would be starting Brown and Formenton in the NHL and then send down if necessary

I agree. I think they would have to be dreadful to not start in the NHL. I also add Brannstrom, Balcers, and Paul to that group.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Howcome? I dont see how that helps in their development whatsoever. Will also increase how soon the team has to give them raises. The team shouldnt be actively trying to compete for a playoff spot, those guys should be getting 20 minutes a game at this point in their development. Formenton got hurt this year and had an underwhelming season and Brown was horrible down the stretch.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Howcome? I dont see how that helps in their development whatsoever. Will also increase how soon the team has to give them raises. The team shouldnt be actively trying to compete for a playoff spot, those guys should be getting 20 minutes a game at this point in their development. Formenton got hurt this year and had an underwhelming season and Brown was horrible down the stretch.
I think you make good points, I just don't see the harm in letting them start the year in Ottawa to show where they're at compared to NHLers. I am wondering, what do you mean by increasing how soon the team has to give raises?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think you make good points, I just don't see the harm in letting them start the year in Ottawa to show where they're at compared to NHLers. I am wondering, what do you mean by increasing how soon the team has to give raises?

Well they likely dont have as much of a proven track record if they play less time in the NHL thus not having to pay them as much. I dont agree with this angle personally all I care about is their development but I cant help but think that perhaps Melnyk thinks this way.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Well they likely dont have as much of a proven track record if they play less time in the NHL thus not having to pay them as much. I dont agree with this angle personally all I care about is their development but I cant help but think that perhaps Melnyk thinks this way.
I'm not against your idea at all, it's more of a wait and see situation for me. I think the roster spots should go to whoever shows the best in camp. Then if they are overwhelmed or not playing much in the NHL, send them down after a few weeks.

Reactions: derriko and bert

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
B-Sens announce team award winners...

Belleville’s coaching staff selected Senators goaltender Marcus Hogberg as the team’s most valuable player while Drake Batherson took home the rookie of the year award. Captain Erik Burgdoerfer was named defenceman of the year as well as winning the player’s choice award which is voted on by the players.

Blueliner Andreas Englund was selected as the coach’s choice award with Boston Leier also being recognized for being nominated as the team’s IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year.

The coach’s choice is a new award that is given to the player who has shown dedication to his personal development, work ethic and improvement as a player for the betterment of the team.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Any chance Batherson is in mix for AHL rookie of the year or did he miss too much time up in NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->