B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Exactly! Its totally unrealistic to expect 1st year pros and young players to progress at all.

I think the logical next step would be to dominate before you throw them in the nhl
Brown 2G 9Pts in his last 20
Batherson was invisible the last 13
Chlapik has been garbage the last six weeks

If these players struggled so much against AHLers... they’d get destroyed by NHLers down the stretch

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Not surprised they missed. We have a bunch of dime a dozen prospects. A few good ones but nothing overly special outside of maybe Brannstrom who wasn't even playing. Every team has guys like this. We have good prospects but no upper echelon types minus Brannstrom.

Reactions: Cosmix

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The Ottawa Senators (NHL) team is going to rely on players next season that could not even lead their AHL club to the playoffs

If these players are not good enough for the AHL.. I doubt the Sens win 25 games next season
Perfect we can lock down a top 4 pick

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Perfect we can lock down a top 4 pick
But Pierre says the general manager ( who I think he was referring to Melnyk) says we have to compete for a playoff spot.. He seems to think we will be good enough.. Cuz the steps our guys to a man will take will be unprecedented.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
But Pierre says the general manager ( who I think he was referring to Melnyk) says we have to compete for a playoff spot.. He seems to think we will be good enough.. Cuz the steps our guys to a man will take will be unprecedented.
All GMs say that. Blah blah we need to be better and aim for the playoffs

We know they are gonna be not so good and that's probably a good thing

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Guess which team will be the pundits’ consensus projection to be in last place next season. It is not that difficult to predict. But our owner and GM are still speaking gibberish BS. :)

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
When was the last time the B-Sens made the playoffs?

The last time was in 2013-2014 when Tim Murray was still the assistant GM. After that Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee were named co assistant general managers and the B Sens haven't made the playoffs since then.

Somehow, with only two years of management experience as a co assistant GM, where the team ended up 23 and then 26 in AHL league rankings, someone had the idea that Dorion should be promoted to a full on NHL General Manager.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Why would they get Verroneau?

Ottawa needs to ice a roster, and as of now only have 9/13 forwards coming back for sure, counting Verroneau.

Gibbons may come back.

MSP is gone, Lindberg is gone.

Verroneau will be with the Sens.

I think him playing those final games with the Sens was more about promises made to encourage him to sign. My guess is we add 1-2 FA’s and MV will have to outplay Batherson, Brown, Paul and possibly Formenton at camp to stick with the club. If he does I agree he will start but I think the Sens are ready to graduate Bath-Brown-Paul and Formenton has already started the season twice with the Sens.

Reactions: aragorn

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
If you're not playing for a playoff spot at the beginning of next season what the heck are you playing for?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's the best along with Brannstrom, but for a team as bad as we are, I do think our prospect pool sometimes gets overrated. It's deep, but lacking star power.

Star power leaves and performs for other teams while we get mostly scraps in return.

The less star power we have, the less incompetent management and ownership appear.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think there are a lot of positives with the future for this Ott team, but at the same time depending on what decisions are made it could easily flop again. People talk about the lack of star power & it should be noted that there are as many problems with star players as there are with other players. For example, there are a lot of star players who are terrible defensively & don't back check & are easy to play against. There are star players who disappear in the playoffs because the going gets rougher & there are star players who spend most of their time figure skating around the perimeter accomplishing nothing. There is the bad with the good with star players as there are with other players & it comes down to whether these players can gel together & play as a team. Every team has run into problems at one time or another during a long season & some run into those problems during the playoffs where their weaknesses are exposed. I'd rather a team of very good players who work together & play their systems well that having that elite player who doesn't get along with others, doesn't back check, is soft, small & a perimeter player.

Next yr should be another yr where Ott slowly move the older vets for prospects & picks & replace them in the lineup with the prospects in their system that are the most NHL ready. However, they should be looking to get into the 2020 lottery draft & at the same time keep in mind the expansion draft & who they will protect & who they will not protect. IMO Gibbons, Lindberg, Nilsson & Paajarvi should all be gone this summer & replaced internally by prospects like Brown Batherson, Paul, Hogberg & Formenton. Put the money available into a position of weakness & get a good player rather spend any money on washed up vets to meet the cap floor. This rebuild should give these prospects a couple of yrs of NHL experience so by the time this team is ready to contend for a playoff spot most of their good prospects should have plenty of NHL experience. There are plenty of prospects available for Belleville as well in Balcers, Abramov, Veronneau, Norris, Daccord, Kelly, Lajoie & others.

Reactions: operasen

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He's the best along with Brannstrom, but for a team as bad as we are, I do think our prospect pool sometimes gets overrated. It's deep, but lacking star power.

I mean you also have to consider that Chabot, Tkachuk and White are all on the big club. Our 23 and under list of young guns is probably top 3 in the league.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I mean you also have to consider that Chabot, Tkachuk and White are all on the big club. Our 23 and under list of young guns is probably top 3 in the league.

White is another good young player. But every team has players like him.

Reactions: bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
White has been compared to Bergeron & IMO he is trending in that direction, he is a very good 200' player now that should get better including in the face off circle. But whenever I read something about a specific player & I think this applies to White, that if they are not putting up some significant numbers offensively that people begin to write them off. They don't give them enough credit for how well they play the game defensively or how hard they are to play against defensively making it much more difficult to score on them. White is every bit as important a prospect as Ott has since IMO it is just as important to prevent goals as it is to score them & every team needs & wants good defensive forwards who can add some offence. IMO White & Tkachuk make for a very good duo & if they can find a 3rd player who can light it up they would be a very formidable line & trio. I also think White has the potential to be a better all around player than Turris.

Ottawa has or could put together a few good duos & with good wingers that could form some very solid lines at some future point. Just by drafting Kaliyev & Leason in this upcoming 2019 draft, they could add two good pieces that compliment some of the players they already have in their system. And with the 2020/2021 drafts add better pieces for the future.

Kaliyev - Brown - Batherson - Kaliyev (2019 draft) adds an offensive dynamic to this line
Tkachuk - White - Duclair - Duclair also adds an offensive scoring threat to this line
Formenton - Norris - Ryan - Ryan adds experience, playmaking & offensive scoring to this line
Paul - Chlapik - Leason - Leason (2019 draft) adds an offensive scoring threat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad