B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ah **** I thought next game was tomorrow I missed that there was an afternoon one.

Yeah Wolanin and Balcers should have had at least a handful more AHL games.

Oh well, I think it's safe to say they comfortably make the playoffs next season with Mann as coach again and all the progression from so many players.
I don’t think it’s a sure thing at all. Brannstrom and wolanin are more than likely up with us. Batherson as well.

Reactions: DrEasy and Deku

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I don’t think it’s a sure thing at all. Brannstrom and wolanin are more than likely up with us. Batherson as well.

Hogberg took a big step forward. Abramov, Davisson, Chlapik, Paul, Rodewald, Brown, Lajoie (won't be injured) all took step forwards. I think they'll make it. But we'll see.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ah **** I thought next game was tomorrow I missed that there was an afternoon one.

Yeah Wolanin and Balcers should have had at least a handful more AHL games.

Oh well, I think it's safe to say they comfortably make the playoffs next season with Mann as coach again and all the progression from so many players.
Well that depends on how Ottawa fills their roster, there is going to be spots open from MPS and Lindbergh at the very least needed to be filled. Then possibly Gibbons, plus the spot Balcers was holding.

That's 3, possibly 4 roster spots that needs to be filled next year. Will any of Balcers, Brown, Batherson, Chlapik be filling them, or will they stay in the AHL and be filled by 1 year UFA's/European free agents?

Wolanin is in the show next year, Brannstrom has a real possibility as well (hoping not).

Using precedent, I think at least 2 of that forward group is in Ottawa to start next year. Hopefully not and we can sign a bunch of 1 year UFA's, but not sure how realistic that is with the way things are with the team.

We do have to make the floor I guess...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Seems pretty clear that the Sens intend to have as many of Batherson, Brown, Brannstrom, Wolanin, Hogberg and Balcers in the NHL as possible next season. Maybe Paul too.

They also have a lot of vet UFA's [Goloubef, Archibald, Elliott, Falk, Burgdoerfer].

Probably pointless to even speculate at this point, but on paper Belleville look like they will be weaker next season than they were this year.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We're going to rush every decent prospect we have next season and Belleville will be a ghost town. Lots of ruined potential in the end. Book it.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
giphy.gif

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
2019-20 Belleville likely gets Verroneau, Norris, Formenton... who else ?
Why would they get Verroneau?

Ottawa needs to ice a roster, and as of now only have 9/13 forwards coming back for sure, counting Verroneau.

Gibbons may come back.

MSP is gone, Lindberg is gone.

Verroneau will be with the Sens.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I also see Veronneau with the b sens
Then the Sens would need to sign at least 4 forwards as UFA's, or graduate from Belleville, that's if they re-sign Gibbons, 5 if he leaves as well.

1. Smith
2. Tkachuk
3. White
4. Pageau
5. Tierny
6. Boedker
7. Duclair
8. Ryan
9. Gibbons possibly

If they are able to resign Gibbons, that leaves 4 roster spots to be filled from the pool of UFA's we've been told we won't be doing much in, and Batherson/Chlapik/Verranou/Brown/Balcers, and I think Verraneau would have the highest probability to be in the NHL from that grouping with his outlook and age.

Not sure it's realistic to think we sign more than 1/2 UFA forwards.

Reactions: DrEasy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Then the Sens would need to sign at least 4 forwards as UFA's, or graduate from Belleville, that's if they re-sign Gibbons, 5 if he leaves as well.

1. Smith
2. Tkachuk
3. White
4. Pageau
5. Tierny
6. Boedker
7. Duclair
8. Ryan
9. Gibbons possibly

If they are able to resign Gibbons, that leaves 4 roster spots to be filled from the pool of UFA's we've been told we won't be doing much in, and Batherson/Chlapik/Verranou/Brown/Balcers, and I think Verraneau would have the highest probability to be in the NHL from that grouping with his outlook and age.

Not sure it's realistic to think we sign more than 1/2 UFA forwards.
I would add Paul and Chlapik with Gibbons . Maybe Balcers .And one UFA guy.

Belleville should be :

Batherson-Brown- Verroneau
Abramov-Norris-Formenton

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The Ottawa Senators (NHL) team is going to rely on players next season that could not even lead their AHL club to the playoffs

If these players are not good enough for the AHL.. I doubt the Sens win 25 games next season

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
The Ottawa Senators (NHL) team is going to rely on players next season that could not even lead their AHL club to the playoffs

If these players are not good enough for the AHL.. I doubt the Sens win 25 games next season

Exactly! Its totally unrealistic to expect 1st year pros and young players to progress at all.

Reactions: Slack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad