Prospect Info: Behind The Draft - tonight

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Haven't seen it but I'm not surprised people are bashing it. Leafs TV is easily the worst channel on tv. And I have hundreds of channels. If they didn't gouge people and put the occasional Leafs game on their station I woulda dropped that station years ago. It feels like something 2 college kids produced.

peety16

Apr 12, 2011
I must have missed that, did he actually say?

I met him once and asked him, and he said apple or cherry.

He 100% chews Peach, I asked him last year. I actually chew myself and had a tin of Classic on me hoping we'd get to have a dip together at the time (which has been a dream of mine haha) but when he said Peach, I was like "oh" and kinda slinked away disappointed

Dwight K Schrute

Nov 30, 2009
Scranton
Haven't seen it but I'm not surprised people are bashing it. Leafs TV is easily the worst channel on tv. And I have hundreds of channels. If they didn't gouge people and put the occasional Leafs game on their station I woulda dropped that station years ago. It feels like something 2 college kids produced.

There is no excuse for it. Look at the YES network... same concept, yet they actually have watchable and fresh programming.

I have 2 main issues with LEAFS TV

1) Lack of new programming. All they do is loop the same terrible interviews with Hendricks. The station is owned by the same companies that own TSN and SPORTS NET. How can they be so clueless about this. Raptors TV or 'NBA TV Canada' quite often shows behind the scenes stuff with players and hour long shows following them around. Why can't LEAFS TV do the same? You have to think they will clue in eventually.

2) On-Air talent (or lack thereof). Do they really need to torture us during the post-game shows by forcing us to watch Bob Mcgill talk into the wrong camera every 30 seconds? The tv personalities are atrocious, I can't think of a single one who provides anything to the viewer. If they canned all of them not a single one would find another job in television. Why can't they just send over a few of the people from TSN and SPORTS NET?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
There is no excuse for it. Look at the YES network... same concept, yet they actually have watchable and fresh programming.

I have 2 main issues with LEAFS TV

1) Lack of new programming. All they do is loop the same terrible interviews with Hendricks. The station is owned by the same companies that own TSN and SPORTS NET. How can they be so clueless about this. Raptors TV or 'NBA TV Canada' quite often shows behind the scenes stuff with players and hour long shows following them around. Why can't LEAFS TV do the same? You have to think they will clue in eventually.

2) On-Air talent (or lack thereof). Do they really need to torture us during the post-game shows by forcing us to watch Bob Mcgill talk into the wrong camera every 30 seconds? The tv personalities are atrocious, I can't think of a single one who provides anything to the viewer. If they canned all of them not a single one would find another job in television. Why can't they just send over a few of the people from TSN and SPORTS NET?
Didn't that puck bunny Andi Petrillo move to CBC? She was awful too. Spent more time offering herself to players than anything informative. Bob McGill is an absolute train wreck. I totally agree with you on the fact that the station is owned by two powerhouse companies with endless supplies of money yet they give us terrible analysts,terrible production and the least amount of shows of any station including the weather network. If it were Coyotes TV or Panther TV I could understand, but this is the richest team in the league, there's no excuse. I'm really hoping they go through with the HBO special next year, maybe the people at Leafs tv will learn something. Ever watched Oil change? someone already mentioned it, but why doesn't Leafs tv have something similar? pathetic.

Penalty Kill Icing*

On a general note, p00njabiHD and Leafsvideos are two Leafs channels on youtube you would want to subscribe to for all Leafs goals and extended highlights in HD.

I think p00njabiHD does goals only and CBC intros and Coaches Corner. Leafsvideos has game highlights (much more extended than NHL's version or leafs 'game in 6').

And then, there are Kesselysnipes, BigBadBoss et al when it comes to Leafs montage specially created videos.

vanillaradio

May 6, 2011
Thanks for the upload. Not a classic, but watchable. Would love to see the unedited version someday.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Hahah I love burke, we had him first. We had him first overall. God I miss you big guy, hope all the best to you. Honestly Rielly seems like such a down to earth guy it's awesome.

Finn's brother, bring it in! hahahaha
However as I have stated for Connor Brown and Toninato, Things will definitely take a while. Brown looks very frail to me but it's a long path and a bright one for these guys!

Thanks a lot for posting it on youtube.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah love these little behind the scenes snapshots of the draft.

If anyone doubts Dave Morrison as a good scout, you kind of see just how good he is when he tells Burke "no" if there is any advantage moving up to 4. He pegged the first 3 picks, and got the man they wanted.

I think it is also pretty clear he was willing to take Dumba if the Islanders selected Rielly.

As others mentioned, we can finally put to rest Leafs had rated Gally higher, by this video. Rielly was clearly the #1 targeted pick by the Leafs.

If I had to take a guess I think it was like this on our list.

1. Rielly
2. Murray
3. Yakupov
4. Gally
5. Dumba

thinkinfeller

Jun 20, 2010
I thought the show was terrible. Nothing was aired that hasn't been shown many times before - it was a let down.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
BTW, Leafs had Finn ranked 20th or thereabouts in this draft, it was a good 2 days for The Leafs. They got the Best player in the draft as deemed buy our scouts and a 2nd first rounder when Finn slipped to #35.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
There was one trade talk with the Islanders but the Leafs didn't want to move up. That's it.

AS they were sitting there waiting to pick, Burke says "the phone isn't ringing"...seems to me that says he would have considered dealing the pick.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I knew very little of Reilly and Finn but it's good to see the both seem like they have very good heads on their shoulders.

Question I had after watching was if the Leafs really had Reilly ranked #1 why would they have not moved up to ensure they got him? Sounded to me like they were happy with whoever was going to fall to them.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Yeah love these little behind the scenes snapshots of the draft.

If anyone doubts Dave Morrison as a good scout, you kind of see just how good he is when he tells Burke "no" if there is any advantage moving up to 4. He pegged the first 3 picks, and got the man they wanted.

I think it is also pretty clear he was willing to take Dumba if the Islanders selected Rielly.

As others mentioned, we can finally put to rest Leafs had rated Gally higher, by this video. Rielly was clearly the #1 targeted pick by the Leafs.

If I had to take a guess I think it was like this on our list.

1. Rielly
2. Murray
3. Yakupov
4. Gally
5. Dumba

He made no sounds of saying he had Dumba there IMO. Didn't sound like it at all to me.

I knew very little of Reilly and Finn but it's good to see the both seem like they have very good heads on their shoulders.

Question I had after watching was if the Leafs really had Reilly ranked #1 why would they have not moved up to ensure they got him? Sounded to me like they were happy with whoever was going to fall to them.

I think he predicted how it was going to end, he said so in the past interviews he has gotten a good prediction on who was going to go after who.

Andrew Mack

Mar 20, 2009
Niagara Region, ON
Another thing to consider: technically not a lot of hockey between the draft and today in retrospect. A lot of that trade talk is probably still relevant, considering we signed one UFA and said all summer we'd be adding players via trade. Can't really air some of the chats until those discussions are in the rear view and maybe some aren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad