GDT: 2024 IIHF World Championship - Czechia

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I lost hope that Latvia would make the semis when they lost points by only beating France & Poland in OT and then got my hopes up when the beat Kazakhstan in regulation.

Getting walloped by Germany pretty much means they won’t make it out of the Round Robin though. *sob*

Group B
Germany only has Kazakhstan, Poland and France left after this, unless they implode they’re in.

Even if Slovakia lost to Latvia in regulation they still would make it by beating France & Poland in regulation, and they aren’t losing to Latvia.

So it’s just a question of what order SWE, USA, SVK and GER end up in Group B.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Am I thinking too hard about it or is there a little bit of a "media blitz" mentality coming from Devils writers about the worlds? Feels mildly like a "uh oh we lost a lot of season ticket renewals, we gotta get everyone excited for next season" kinda thing.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Am I thinking too hard about it or is there a little bit of a "media blitz" mentality coming from Devils writers about the worlds? Feels mildly like a "uh oh we lost a lot of season ticket renewals, we gotta get everyone excited for next season" kinda thing.

I think they're just covering what the current players are doing. And there's a lot of Devils in this tournament, many of them being productive as well.

Don't see any harm in them sharing the highlights of what the players are doing.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I think they're just covering what the current players are doing. And there's a lot of Devils in this tournament, many of them being productive as well.

Don't see any harm in them sharing the highlights of what the players are doing.
No I definitely don't see the harm, and I agree with everything you said. I think it's just the enthusiasm that feels contrived to me. But I guess that's not much to complain about.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia

I dislike Siegenthaler so much, that I only feel this with him. For the rest, I'm not really bothered.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Probably just as simple as us missing the playoffs and more guys taking part because of it. Plus, what's the alternative, wallow in pity and disappointment all offseason? Can't really blame the people who are normally (sometimes annoyingly) more upbeat from continuing to be more upbeat about the players still playing (even if it's in a tournament most of us don't really care that much about).

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Thinking a bit to hard.

I think the offseason alone will have enough to drive renewals. New coach, new goalie, some new UFA signings / trades can get it done

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
@Devs3cups doing the lawd’s work with these highlights and clips
1715832033165.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad