OT: Bee's Bar: Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'll be honest, I am completely out of touch with current tech. I know the bare minimum to put a PC together, and I google search what parts can get me what I need in the price range I'm looking to spend. I dont know any of the speeds of my parts, and I don't know a single spec about my monitors aside from a rough estimate of the size :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
NFL Schedule released tomorrow. Hoping there's an NFL game on the Thursday 4th. Can pair it up with the Phil Collins concert on the 2nd. Chuck in the Pens season opener and a Riverhounds game for a 5 day trip to Pittsburgh before going elsewhere maybe.

My only issue is that UIve done everything visitor wise in Pittsburgh so not sure what I'd do in my spare time.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I read that they were at least able to save the relics, art and whatnot.

I'm far from a religious man but I was happy to hear that. Lots of history, there. Regardless of your beliefs.

The building itself was a work of art. The ways, means and knowledge in order to rebuild it to original spec have been lost to the ages.
To put Notre Dame's history in perspective: humanity had not yet reached New Zealand when construction began and it took longer to build than the Inca Empire lasted.

Immense praise to those who were able to save as much as was saved.
Great posts guys!

Serendipity factoid:

4 days before the fire, angels sculptures were taken from that huge spire that burned down for renovation purpose.

Not so cool factoid:

Molten lead from the roof was dripping inside the cathedral while firemen were trying to save precious artefacts. The stone structure turned ND into a giant oven from hell making it harder to get anywhere, even impossible for a few hours. When i say hell oven i'm not kidding, more than a thousand ancients oaks were used to build the roof, when they burned it was, hell.

Bravo to the firemen and donors who have already raised more than a billion dollars for the reconstruction.

Aw f*** it, one last factoid, when the Germans left Paris in WW2, they were supposed to destroy ND before f***ing off but their local commander decided it was too beautiful so he let it stand.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
NFL Schedule released tomorrow. Hoping there's an NFL game on the Thursday 4th. Can pair it up with the Phil Collins concert on the 2nd. Chuck in the Pens season opener and a Riverhounds game for a 5 day trip to Pittsburgh before going elsewhere maybe.

My only issue is that UIve done everything visitor wise in Pittsburgh so not sure what I'd do in my spare time.

Oh, looking at this. The Panthers are playing away that weekend which bodes well for Heinz Field availability.

Saw flight on Tuesday. So ideally,

Flight Tuesday
Phil Collins Wednesday
NFL Thursday
Penguins Friday
Riverhounds Saturday
Fly back or somewhere else for a few days Sunday.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Ogrezilla

check the link. it's a decent card. I'm not big into big graphic AAA games anyway. I probably play 5 or less of them a year. Even so, this card will handle them, just not maxed out ultra.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla

check the link. it's a decent card. I'm not big into big graphic AAA games anyway. I probably play 5 or less of them a year. Even so, this card will handle them, just not maxed out ultra.
That's how I did it too. My goal with mine was basically to get something that could do an adequate job playing everything in the PS4 generation. I got mine on Black Friday, was a good deal and came with those two free games. Now I need to actually play them :laugh:

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That's how I did it too. My goal with mine was basically to get something that could do an adequate job playing everything in the PS4 generation. I got mine on Black Friday, was a good deal and came with those two free games. Now I need to actually play them :laugh:
Yeah you gotta get to those because technically those bastards put the price of those games into the price of the card.
My 780ti came with Watch Dogs and that game sucked hard, but I had to force myself to play it because I paid for the damn thing haha.

Yeah the 1080 is basically top of the line my rig can handle and I don't play anything that can utilize that kind of power. 1070 is what I was aiming for but at 500+ I just didn't want to spend that much. The 2080 is like 1000 minimum, pffffffffft hahaha like I'll pay that. So instead of going amd I just stuck to a 1660ti. It's like an upgraded 780ti.
The clock speeds are pretty good on the 1660 so I'm happy

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
What color should I paint these cabinets?

ISir4d4w2mg7ql0000000000.webp

I'm thinking dark blue for the bottom cabinets and white for the top.

Also, I need new appliances. And lighting.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
What color should I paint these cabinets?

ISir4d4w2mg7ql0000000000.webp

I'm thinking dark blue for the bottom cabinets and white for the top.

Also, I need new appliances. And lighting.
Taint them to keep the wood look, i'd go for dark red (wine) so the wood patterns don't show so much. When you taint it's usually better to go darker as transparency can be a bitch sometimes.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That's uh... terrific? I think?

Man I seriously thank all of the gods I don't believe in on a daily basis for being blessed with good health. Especially as I get older. I don't take it for granted.

Course... now that I say THAT...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
My buddy I mentioned in the Pens/Isles game 4 GDT that said his dad has a few days left, his father passed away an hour ago. :( Cancer and dimentia (said Alzheimers but it was dimentia) ate away at him, passed peacefully apparently. He was an awesome guy.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My buddy I mentioned in the Pens/Isles game 4 GDT that said his dad has a few days left, his father passed away an hour ago. :( Cancer and dimentia (said Alzheimers but it was dimentia) ate away at him, passed peacefully apparently. He was an awesome guy.

Blah, sorry to hear that. My grandma had dementia and that was not fun. I'm really hoping my dad doesn't get it... but I have a feeling he will. :(

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Blah, sorry to hear that. My grandma had dementia and that was not fun. I'm really hoping my dad doesn't get it... but I have a feeling he will. :(
Does dementia skip generations? Lots of reading and crosswords or something. Exercise the brain.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Does dementia skip generations? Lots of reading and crosswords or something. Exercise the brain.

It did my mother in less than a year ago. Fortunately, it progressed quite rapidly so she didn't suffer over a period of years, but seeing her deteriorate and basically starve herself while still retaining a strong will to live was quite distressing. Maybe some of the "brain health" things they talk about now help around the fringes, but they might as well be prescribing leeches or snake oil.

Reactions: shoplifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad