Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I got some good news yesterday, it turns out my company is adding a new transfer agreement for their engineering school to Pitt for my master's. They already had it for Penn State and Old Dominion, but they're officially adding it for Pitt too. I'll be able to transfer 2 graduate level courses that I take during work hours for 6 credits on my master's, which saves me $8500 and pushes up my graduation by a semester.

I'm already taking these courses right now, so I'll be halfway done with my degree by the end of 2019.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Interview tomorrow for my field placement. Hopefully the musical chairs of landing a job after college turns out in my favour.
Best of luck!!

Game 1 and that, man you're going to be a nervous wreck. Slam that Pepto with a shot of Espresso like an adult.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@BHD
Yeah, good luck mate... tons of jobs out there, but you may have to relocate.

@Honour Over Glory

You watch game of thrones?
Indeed I do. Although I gave up on it after season 4 and then binge watched Seasons 5 and 6 to catch up and have been up to date ever since. I got excited for last Sunday for the 1st episode and realized, it was supposed to be the 14th, so now the anticipation begins again.

You're all caught up on Dragon Lady and the Auntie f***er Crusades?

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Indeed I do. Although I gave up on it after season 4 and then binge watched Seasons 5 and 6 to catch up and have been up to date ever since. I got excited for last Sunday for the 1st episode and realized, it was supposed to be the 14th, so now the anticipation begins again.

You're all caught up on Dragon Lady and the Auntie ****er Crusades?
Yeahhhhh I watched all the seasons and I read all the books. I don't remember the books it has been so many years now.

I ask cos I'm watching season 1 right now and it's like a different show than the later seasons. Shit is so good Season 1-4. That and I'm curious who to talk to after this sunday night episode.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory

who you think going to win the throne?
Tough to say, I think most want Snow to win it, but that might be far too obvious. I can't even begin to predict who it might be until I see at least the 1st episode of the new season, you know?

I think there's a ton of GOT fans here on the Pens board, you'll have a lot of us to discuss it with.

Wild card vote? - Sansa wins it when the ones left standing, refuse it after losing so much and she walks away with it wanting to show she is her father's daughter.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Tough to say, I think most want Snow to win it, but that might be far too obvious. I can't even begin to predict who it might be until I see at least the 1st episode of the new season, you know?

I think there's a ton of GOT fans here on the Pens board, you'll have a lot of us to discuss it with.

Wild card vote? - Sansa wins it when the ones left standing, refuse it after losing so much and she walks away with it wanting to show she is her father's daughter.

I read the first episode outline I couldn't resist. I know a few things - nothing THAT revealing.

But I also read about Sansa and her filming locations and last scenes and you may be correct there.

I'm not going to spoil anything except that I read a few things and know 2 or 3 people who will not make it to the end / win.

My money is on Sansa too though strangely enough. Makes me wonder, did you read what I read or is that your personal guess??

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I read the first episode outline I couldn't resist. I know a few things - nothing THAT revealing.

But I also read about Sansa and her filming locations and last scenes and you may be correct there.

I'm not going to spoil anything except that I read a few things and know 2 or 3 people who will not make it to the end / win.

My money is on Sansa too though strangely enough. Makes me wonder, did you read what I read or is that your personal guess??
I read nothing about it. Just like going into Shazam. I want to enjoy this final ride.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@shoplifter You don't know how hard that is for me. I was the kid that always read ahead and people thought that I would ruin things for myself because of it, but it didn't, I just knew before everyone else and enjoyed the look on peoples faces.

But there are some things, that I don't want to read ahead on and find out about.

GOT has built things back up to some good shit with their previous season, after some dud seasons. Gotta let this end the right way for me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@shoplifter You don't know how hard that is for me. I was the kid that always read ahead and people thought that I would ruin things for myself because of it, but it didn't, I just knew before everyone else and enjoyed the look on peoples faces.

But there are some things, that I don't want to read ahead on and find out about.

GOT has built things back up to some good **** with their previous season, after some dud seasons. Gotta let this end the right way for me.
Just over 6 weeks it'll be over. 25 years+ for those sorry bastards who read the first book when it first released and they still will never get a proper book finish. Just the show cos GRRM is defeated.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Holy shit.... my tax return is through the roof... I put it off for 2 months reading how many people suffered losses and I didn't want to pay the govy. Now I did mine and I'm up by a ridiculously high amount. Praise to orange man.

Strippers, badness, lobsters on me for game 1.

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I mean, technically, if you get a positive tax return you've actually been getting screwed all year.

You want to be net zero...or at least anything but negative and having to owe more.

But you just gave the government an interest free loan all year when you "get" money back on taxes.

I think mr orange is thanking YOU.

Reactions: That1Kid

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean, technically, if you get a positive tax return you've actually been getting screwed all year.

You want to be net zero...anything but negative and having to owe.

But you just gave the government an interest free loan all year when you "get" money back on taxes.

I think mr orange is thanking YOU.

I do my own taxes, so either I been filing wrong or I don't know what.
In the past I had student deductions and a few other things in the military. My highest was 6,000 when I was in the military and this is the closest and I claimed the highest deductions for employment. I expect hard press by govy on my wages... Yet I'm up there.
I never claimed higher deductions (to take less taxes) and get a higher return.
It just happened. I know if I'm loaning govy the money like I said earlier which is why I didn't want to post my return, but I did and I won a hard lottery.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No matter what I do I get a couple thousand back. Where I work, union crap, house stuff...it somehow always ends up with me getting 4k ish back for the last decade.

I'd like to figure out how to get that to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad