OT: Bee's Bar: Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Heart Cooks Brain. The Lonesome, Crowded West was ground zero for my musical taste.

I've had it quoted a few times. Whenever I find a good quote I can't justify the expense, and when I have money to spare I can't get a good quote. I'm planning on visiting Missoula later this year and that may be when it finally happens. It'd mean more to have it done there than here.

I'm also not supposed to get a tattoo because of health ****...but I really want to invoke my privilege as a type AB+ haver.
I'd be proud of myself if I had my tattoo mean something personal. To my detriment, alas, it is a tribal scorpion with no meaning.
:confused:

What is Missoula?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'd be proud of myself if I had my tattoo mean something personal. To my detriment, alas, it is a tribal scorpion with no meaning.
:confused:

What is Missoula?

You're not alone...most of the people I know who have tattoos regret them, I just happen to be the case where getting it would have been the right call.

Missoula is the blissful place I had the privilege to spend most of my college years in. Smash whatever your opinions of Boulder, CO and Berkeley, CA are together and you get Missoula.

Reactions: shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't regret my tattoo's at all. They're all very meaningful and I paid someone very handsomely to get it done, no deals on those at all and I wasn't looking for it. My only goal was to meet the best I can find where I was at and go through a decent process of getting the right designs down for what I wanted for what I wanted it to represent.

No ragrets!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm off to watch Black Summer and fall asleep ascared of flesh eating rager zombies.
Tomorrow 7:30pm is armageddon .... sleep well... 'for the night is dark and full of terrors'

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
My one and only tattoo. Penguins, Pirates and Steelers logo combined. No "ragrets"

0q8dc3m8.jpg

Reactions: SouthGeorge

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
On tattoo talk, I'm currently planning a back piece and some fill work with my favorite tattooist here (Alba, she's great!) in Prague, but she's on maternity leave for the next 9 months, so I've been toying with getting some work done by a few famous London tattoo artists (Liam Sparkes, Duncan X) while the pound is absurdly low and the UK's still temporarily in the EU so flights are cheap.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I like the idea of a tattoo but have never come up with an idea that means anything to me. I'm not gonna get one because I think I like a random thing at any given time.

It all depends on how you see tattoos, Ogre. I've got a super specific aesthetic for mine (black ink only, very little shading, lots of line work), so even the meaning changes with time, they all fit thematically and visually.

Secondly, I think it's cool if certain tattoos have different meanings to you at various points in your life-- I've got a tattoo of the Pennsylvania state seal, for example, that I got done when I got into grad school, just so I could have something that reminded me of Western PA, because I felt that my career was going to be in Chicago or the East Coast. Now, I don't think I'm coming back to the US at all, outside of holidays, so it has a slightly different meaning. Each tattoo is a neat little snapshot of that period in my life that I got it done.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It all depends on how you see tattoos, Ogre. I've got a super specific aesthetic for mine (black ink only, very little shading, lots of line work), so even the meaning changes with time, they all fit thematically and visually.

Secondly, I think it's cool if certain tattoos have different meanings to you at various points in your life-- I've got a tattoo of the Pennsylvania state seal, for example, that I got done when I got into grad school, just so I could have something that reminded me of Western PA, because I felt that my career was going to be in Chicago or the East Coast. Now, I don't think I'm coming back to the US at all, outside of holidays, so it has a slightly different meaning. Each tattoo is a neat little snapshot of that period in my life that I got it done.
Sure but mine would be super dumb because I'm super dumb. I'd probably have a batman symbol, a zerg emblem, and god knows what else if I had gotten some of the ones I considered.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like the idea of a tattoo but have never come up with an idea that means anything to me. I'm not gonna get one because I think I like a random thing at any given time.
Yeah. Be careful bro. You may end up with a I <3 DAD -or even worse- I <3 SIS in a very public place if you are too random.

:eek:

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada

That was me for 5-6 years. Always said I'd get a tattoo and didn't know what until I went to Pittsburgh and saw a knockoff shirt with that logo in the strip district. I got the tattoo 2 years later a week before my next trip to Pittsburgh. Was gonna try and surprise my wife by taking my shirt off at the incline but I screwed it up at home lol. Hiding a tattoo from your wife is harder than you think.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Last month I fell asleep in a chair sitting up against a window to lean on. When I woke up my leg was asleep hard. Since then, I figured it would come back by now but it hasn't, my thigh in the front right pocket area to almost the knee has no feeling. It freaks me out and it is not getting better. It's so bad I have my wallet in my front right pocket wearing shorts and I can't even feel if my wallet is there or not.

This is horrible!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Back to taco discussion:

Despite me hating their name, I just had Baby Loves Tacos for lunch. Had the pork belly, sweet potato, and chorizo tacos. The sweet potato one was my favorite by far. And then the chorizo. The pork belly was just okay. Good corn tortillas though! I had some pork belly tacos at Bakn in Carnegie on my birthday and while the pork belly was better than BLT, the tortillas sucked and kinda ruined the tacos.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Last month I fell asleep in a chair sitting up against a window to lean on. When I woke up my leg was asleep hard. Since then, I figured it would come back by now but it hasn't, my thigh in the front right pocket area to almost the knee has no feeling. It freaks me out and it is not getting better. It's so bad I have my wallet in my front right pocket wearing shorts and I can't even feel if my wallet is there or not.

This is horrible!

I ain't a doctor, but my dad had a pinched nerve that had very similar symptoms in his leg. Sucks, but the good news is, he was able to fix it with rest and some PT, not surgery. So, I dunno, but hope it's nothing serious! Get better, mang!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I ain't a doctor, but my dad had a pinched nerve that had very similar symptoms in his leg. Sucks, but the good news is, he was able to fix it with rest and some PT, not surgery. So, I dunno, but hope it's nothing serious! Get better, mang!
Yes. Excellent. It is pretty awkward touching a part of your body and not feeling it.
Good to know it shouldn't last.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Transfer to the airport didn't show up on my return from Spain, had to fork out £60 for a taxi. Getting that money back!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Who are PC gamers here that are up to date on tech for PC gaming?

I'm self-sufficient in building my own PC and component upgrading etc. I am just curious what some of you gamers have and how the performance works out.

My goal:

I had a 780Ti SC and it fried because too much dang dog hair got in my case and I never dust off the insides. So I have just been using my 2gb integrated card on my Asus Maximum VI Hero mb until I saved up for a new gpu.
But here is the thing. I have a 144hz monitor that only does 1080p so unless I upgrade monitors I don't really need / nor have desire to go past 1080p.

So my question is does anyone have a newer GPU than a 780Ti SC that games 1440p - 1080p that DOES NOT have a super top of the line high tech 1,000$ gpu and gets the desired performance?

Personally I'm thinking something as simple as a 980Ti SC or a 1080Ti SC, but I know older cards are next to impossible to find at retail unless they are refurbished or something.

Any help / input I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I AAA game, yes, but that is roughly 20-25% of my gaming library. That is why I do not require best / newest tech because I am not much a fan of AAA games and if I can get them on console I wait for new generations of consoles to come out and pick up the older model and a HUGE chunk of game libraries for on the cheap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad