OT: Bee's Bar: Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Guys/Gals is this really happening?! IS GAME OF THRONES FINAL SEASON AIRING TONIGHT!?!?!

I HAVE LEFT MY BODY

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I lost track of GoT about three seasons ago. I really, really enjoyed it! I just got way busy and then so lost in the sauce that it feels daunting to catch up. I really want to follow along but man it’s going to be a tough challenge to catch up by the end.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Second round came fast.
Looking that way.

Man, I disappeared for awhile because we had tornado warnings and the lightning and winds were incredible. Had to pack bowser wifey and little lady and head for the basement.

Good old fashioned Sunday entertainment.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Back to taco discussion:

Despite me hating their name, I just had Baby Loves Tacos for lunch. Had the pork belly, sweet potato, and chorizo tacos. The sweet potato one was my favorite by far. And then the chorizo. The pork belly was just okay. Good corn tortillas though! I had some pork belly tacos at Bakn in Carnegie on my birthday and while the pork belly was better than BLT, the tortillas sucked and kinda ruined the tacos.
Vancouver doesn't have a lot of great options like how Seattle or even Bellevue had (last two places before Canada becoming home).

But there's this place, Sal Y Limon, fantastic. I could eat there all day and happily get fat if I was into that sort of thing.

Sal y Limon: Mexican Restaurant, Take Out & Catering Vancouver

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire and looks like a total loss. The spire has already collapsed. It was in the middle of renovations expected to finish up in about two years.

Build in the mid 14th century. Truly a tragedy.

EDIT: Sorry... completed in late 13th century (1260). That's what I get for trying to go on memory.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Notre Dame cathedral in Paris is on fire and looks like a total loss. The spire has already collapsed. It was in the middle of renovations expected to finish up in about two years.

Build in the mid 14th century. Truly a tragedy.

EDIT: Sorry... completed in late 13th century (1260). That's what I get for trying to go on memory.
Damn, one the great architectural feat in history. Where is Quasimodo gonna hang out now?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The worst kind, most of them are click bating **** that make you go through 20 pages before you get the punch line.:mad:
I thought they were always there and my adblocker had failed me.

It's about as annoying as those stupid pop up ads at the bottom of tv shows when you're watching that takes up 25% of the screen and then goes away.

Also, Youtube is getting even worse with that, they're putting up even longer ads now and trying to get people to pay so they can skip that crap. That's some filthy tactics and I suspect on HF, if you "pay" you can have an ad free service here, am I correct?

That's some extortion level of shit if you ask me.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I read that they were at least able to save the relics, art and whatnot.

I'm far from a religious man but I was happy to hear that. Lots of history, there. Regardless of your beliefs.

The building itself was a work of art. The ways, means and knowledge in order to rebuild it to original spec have been lost to the ages.

To put Notre Dame's history in perspective: humanity had not yet reached New Zealand when construction began and it took longer to build than the Inca Empire lasted.

Immense praise to those who were able to save as much as was saved.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
RX580

I can play DMC5 on very high settings without an issue. Other than that, I honestly haven't tried much else in terms of high end graphics. I buy stuff once the price goes down since I am so far behind in playing the games I already own anyway. The GPU came with DMC5 and RE2 remake so those are my only real new games. But so far I've had no issues playing what I've wanted on good settings.

My monitors are pretty cheap. Like $100 each.

fyi, I moved our convo here because it's not movie based.

EDIT: wow I just looked at the post and it's massive! I wrote it over a few hours here and there. I didn't just sit and write it in one go haha =P

---
I just checked the rx580 and... nice... not bad for real cheap based on GPU prices. AMD makes good cards MUCH cheaper than Nvidia. Decent boost speeds etc and 8gigs (or 4?) of GDDR5 ram, 7000mhz memory clock speeds is decent. Overall not bad for 200$ish area.

I had a 780ti I bought back in 2012ish - I forget exactly, but around there and it lasted until 2018 - in January or so. That card was excellent for 1080p games and I don't play many AAA games so it was a beast of a card . I have an ASUS (something. I forget the model) 27 inch or so and it was 3d ready. I bought the 3d setup because I was curious to see how 3d was in gaming and most games my GPU couldn't handle the 3d and higher graphical settings So I never really got into it. Civilization 5 looked and played amazing in 3d. Most turn based, slower paced games where great in 3d. Mostly I only bought the monktors for the 144hz refresh rate for the silky smooth experience. I ended up buying 2 in the end to have my media - games / movies / tv ec so I can do other stuff while I gamed or whatever.

------------

I know earlier I said I was looking into the Nvidia 10 series, mainly the 1080 (or 1080ti) and HOLY HELL the prices are through the ceiling for a card 2+ years old. I think the cheapest price starts roughly 600 dollars and even goes up as high as 1500 and even higher!!!! The card does have incredible 'clocks' though. Boost clock, memory clock etc etc etc are very impressive. So I looked into the 1070 and meh, still relatively high prices for a lesser 1080. Even the 1060 don't seem worth it for the price.

I like Nvidia, even though it is extremely over priced. I did own an R9 290x from AMD and I had no problems with it, but I really like Nvidia.

So I check the 900 series, mostly the 980 and THAT TOO is even crazy expensive for 3+ years old and has poor clock speeds for the price so that was out immediately.

Next I checked the 1660Ti (ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1660 Ti AMP 6GB GDDR6 192-bit Gaming Graphics Card, Super Compact, IceStorm 2.0 Cooling - ZT-T16610D-10M - Newegg.com)
Super cheap for a newer Nvidia card and has great clock speeds. Only thing that worries me is the low CUDA cores. Even my 780Ti had a higher amount.

So I figure since I'm getting a newer gpu I may look into getting a new monitor, but unfortunately a nice high spec - HDR, freesync, high hz and low input lag get very pricey. I'm thinking I want a curved monitor too, but that would easily double the cost of ghd 1660Ti (200$ish)

I don't know what limits are but I have some wiggle room.My birthday is in month so I guess I can justify spending the dough on myself. Mainly it's just wasteful having bought so many games and not being able to play them without a gpu.

I get my refund tonight at midnight so I'll make the purchase tonight and let ya know =]

Hopefully the Penguins win and I'm not shopping angry at midnight =P

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad