Becky Lynch Thread

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I don't know, they let her keep calling Charlotte a ***** on TV no less

I thought there were other aspects to the actual post they’d “coach” her to avoid.

I guess I was wrong anyway.

Although funny you mention it they always bleep the b word after the fact.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Becky Lynch is played out. It started with “The Man” stuff.
Well, considering this thread was started weeks after she started calling herself that, your timeline be off.

Becky’s boring now. Her chase is over. It’s usually what happens anyways. Not everyone is 2013-2014 Daniel Bryan.

When Daniel's chase ended he died too. From Corporate to Demon Kane feud anyone? Brie getting involved?

Then he got hurt and shelved.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well, Becky was.

She really wasn’t though. And I’ve been saying this since October.

She was on fire, but no one has touched Bryan’s level. When fans hijack segments that don’t involve Becky at all, then I could have seen it.

She peaked too early, whereas Bryan just steadily and constantly kept going higher or higher.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well, considering this thread was started weeks after she started calling herself that, your timeline be off.

When Daniel's chase ended he died too. From Corporate to Demon Kane feud anyone? Brie getting involved?

Then he got hurt and shelved.
I still feel Bryan had more mileage and his reactions were still consistent, and ratings remained level which isn’t something that happens after WM iirc.

Becky’s reactions have dropped off considerably imo.

WWE’s booking was awful but her peak was around that Survivor Series timeframe imo. The stuff after the Rumble was just awful.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
She really wasn’t though. And I’ve been saying this since October.

She was on fire, but no one has touched Bryan’s level. When fans hijack segments that don’t involve Becky at all, then I could have seen it.

She peaked too early, whereas Bryan just steadily and constantly kept going higher or higher.

Fans were chanting We Want Becky on RAW women's segments when she was still only on Smackdown.

Reactions: Jussi

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Fans were chanting We Want Becky on RAW women's segments when she was still only on Smackdown.
I mean... that was happening during Ronda segments after they advertised Becky vs. Ronda after Evolution.

Bryan was having chants throughout shows for segments with people he wasn’t working with or had interactions with.

I really, really do not see Becky and 13/14 Bryan in the same light. That Bryan is in a category of his own.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I mean... that was happening during Ronda segments after they advertised Becky vs. Ronda after Evolution.

Bryan was having chants throughout shows for segments with people he wasn’t working with or had interactions with.

I really, really do not see Becky and 13/14 Bryan in the same light. That Bryan is in a category of his own.

It was happening during segments with Sasha Bayley and Bliss. No Rhonda.

I agree her and Bryan are not in the same category.

But I also see a lot of "yeah, she was really overrated" after the fact nonsense now.

Look, the worst thing that could have happened was Vince McMahon getting invested in her character.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It was happening during segments with Sasha Bayley and Bliss. No Rhonda.

I agree her and Bryan are not in the same category.

But I also see a lot of "yeah, she was really overrated" after the fact nonsense now.

Look, the worst thing that could have happened was Vince McMahon getting invested in her character.

12591-15584094822457-800.jpg

Too late, she's done for.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They re-wrote Wrestlemania for her. The only difference is that they realized it much earlier that they had to do it. Otherwise nobody will ever be Bryan because it was the only way it could happen and every situation is always going to be different. Bryan happened because WWE kept resisting it and the fans reacted accordingly - which is exactly what happened with Becky and Kofi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad