Becky Lynch Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We have like 6 threads going where the main topic is Becky Lynch, and don't get me wrong, it is rightfully so. She is not only deserving and demanding our respect, but has forced it upon everyone. There has been revolts, bloodshed, and euphoria in the name of The Man. I feel this is the next course of action and is only right to give her her proper space to be acknowledged.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
She basically forced Cor to stop his gimmick, if only briefly. Nothing can touch how over she is

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
tenor.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Here are the timestamps from Wrestling Observer Live since Tuesday:

Timestamps:
Start - 2:27: Intro
2:27 - 11:50: Raw, Becky Lynch, phone calls
11:50 - 22:53: Becky Lynch updates, phone calls
22:53 - 36:37: More phone calls and texts on Raw, Nia Jax, Becky Lynch
36:37 - end: Closing moments

Timestamps:

Start - 2:12: Intro
2:12 - 12:24: Becky Lynch, Daniel Bryan turn
12:24 -23:13: Phone calls on Becky, Raw
23:13 - 36:58: Phone calls, Injuries in wrestling (obviously spurred on by Becky)
36:58 - end: Becky/Ronda Twitter feud

Timestamps:
Start - 2:18: Intro
2:18 - 11:59: Becky Lynch, text messages
11:59 - 23:27: Dave Meltzer
23:27 - 37:18: More phone calls, text messages on WWE storylines, Becky Lynch
Closing moments
36:18 - end: Closing moments

This is nuts. We even had a WWE title change with a major heel turn and an end of a year-long reign this week, setting up a dream match at a major PPV this weekend and it's not barely registering, but it isn't what people are talking about.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Also @M.C.G. 31 they are literally 48 hours apart in age. So f***ing dumb.

Bringing this here:

Becky Lynch on "The Man" Nickname;
"It’s walking into the locker room—the male locker room—it’s like, ‘Sorry, lads, none of you are cutting the mustard. I’m the man now. I’m taking over the ship now.’
I’m the most victorious of all Superstars, both on RAW and SmackDown, in 2018. I’ve won the most matches. Therefore, I am the man of not just the women’s locker room, but also the men’s locker room."

I ABSOLUTELY love this. It's my favorite. I sound like a broken record but the explanation is even better.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She absolutely seems to have caught some Stone Cold levels of fire right now.

That perfect storm of a high quality talent getting that spark.

Not to take anything away from Becky but Vince is so full of shit when he uses things like this to back his brass ring stuff up.

If you put your talent in better positions to succeed, you would get things like this more often. Hell Becky herself could have started a run like this a year or two ago if they didn’t waste all that time hung up on her accent.

Also Ronny is out of her element. Becky is the one you run with right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You know, this push is very much like Daniel Bryan’s, except WWE came around much quicker than they did Bryan.

Held down and fans realized that, so fans did everything they could to make sure the company heard them, and Becky has been hitting home run after home run like Bryan was in 2013 and everything before then before the big push.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You know, this push is very much like Daniel Bryan’s, except WWE came around much quicker than they did Bryan.

Held down and fans realized that, so fans did everything they could to make sure the company heard them, and Becky has been hitting home run after home run like Bryan was in 2013 and everything before then before the big push.

So true. Very similar. Great observation.

Reactions: ColePens

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I have 2 questions:

Can they sustain this to wrestlemania

And is Ronda ok with the tweets Becky sent it about her hiding for a year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have 2 questions:

Can they sustain this to wrestlemania

And is Ronda ok with the tweets Becky sent it about her hiding for a year
I think she is or it wouldn’t be happening.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Our lord and savior and WrestleMania headliner, Becky Lynch.

This is so well deserved, I don't remember the last time I've seen WWE pull off a natural ascension like this, not even Bryan because they tried to halt that one. I don't want to get too dramatic but this is giving me Attitude Era superstar vibes.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Our lord and savior and WrestleMania headliner, Becky Lynch.

This is so well deserved, I don't remember the last time I've seen WWE pull off a natural ascension like this, not even Bryan because they tried to halt that one. I don't want to get too dramatic but this is giving me Attitude Era superstar vibes.

I think @M.C.G. 31 is 100% correct that this follows DB pretty closely. Becky was almost the forgotten "horsewoman" and the fans, since she came up from NXT, keep saying "Ummm push Becky." Then WWE wouldn't and they'd focus on everyone else. The fans would STILL cheer Becky and want her pushed. So WWE, as they always do, ignored the fans and continued their way.

Then finally the Flair/Becky rival starts and WWE tried to make Flair the babyface and Becky the heel. And this is the first time I can ever recall the WWE stopped and listened to their fans in recent history. They stopped the heel turn and are now presenting her as a bad ass face. If they would have put the title on Flair and ignored Becky, it would have almost been identical to DB.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad