Online Series: BBC's The Last Kingdom (Netflix)

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They do this for shows that they co-own or produce with a regular tv channel which is also airing them at the same time. This is why they can't just release them all at once.

And, are they airing it on a regular TV channel? I couldn't find it...
I had it on TV for Season 1, though.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I think the ire comes through so genuinely in the guy playing Alfred because he's frustrated that he's only one on this show who can act

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ok so did I miss something or in the last couple of episodes did the whole show just jump ahead like 3-4 years? Utred suddenly has 2 kids the older son looking like he is about 3.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ok so did I miss something or in the last couple of episodes did the whole show just jump ahead like 3-4 years? Utred suddenly has 2 kids the older son looking like he is about 3.

Yeah, the timeline seems to be taken very lightly. On a similar note is Aethelfled (or whatever) the infant daughter of Alfred's that Utred's witch-wife saved in the first season? I don't remember it ever being mentioned before that Alfred had an older daughter and I haven't seen any mention of a younger daughter since then.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
When the episode starts it says "3 years later"

I really love this show. I think this season has been superb so far. I can't wait for the next episode

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
When the episode starts it says "3 years later"

I really love this show. I think this season has been superb so far. I can't wait for the next episode

I haven't been liking this season as much as the first one. The way the story is being told feels to much like a video game, every happens around how the main character wants it to happen rather than how it logically should. If Utred is a slave for ~6 months then the world around him more or less pauses and we jump to the next time that is relevant to progressing his objectives. His uncle knew he was alive and wanted him dead very badly, but just sits there doing nothing until Utred chooses to activate that quest. Young Ragnar just waits around until Utred is ready to do the "let's finally save our sister from what is almost literally hell" quest. Once she is unlocked as a side character she marries another of your companions for seemingly no reason. Utred also has fast travel on lockdown.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Last season was okay. This season is worse than okay, though still watchable, I suppose.

The acting performances are generally pretty bad. And as many have suggested, the shows' pacing is perhaps it's most disappointing part. I couldn't have cared less for Uhtred being a slave for six months because the show dedicated a whole 15 minutes to it. lol.

SilasAdams

Jun 19, 2010
Deadwood
The pacing on this show is super refreshing. **** actually happens. Dont have a problem with any of the actors. Uhtreds has gotten much better imo. Has great chemistry with Beocca and Ragnar. Hopefully Ragnar and Brida are back before seasons end.

Reactions: NyQuil

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
The last two episodes were great.

I am in love with the princess. She is stunning.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
My biggest problem with this show is I'm just rooting for the Danes the whole time.

Haven't checked out season 2 yet, but I'll get around to it at some point.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
My biggest problem with this show is I'm just rooting for the Danes the whole time.

Haven't checked out season 2 yet, but I'll get around to it at some point.

Well you can root for them but considering this is based on real history don't be disappointed when they don't win :p

Reactions: J T Money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad