Online Series: BBC's The Last Kingdom (Netflix)

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
For those who have read them, how are the books? You can get the entire series for like 60$ or so and my pops and I were thinking bout it

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Watched the whole thing on Netflix and wanted more was so disappointed it only had 8 episodes.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I have watched the series and just started the first book. I really liked it. Hopefully there will be a second season.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
For those who have read them, how are the books? You can get the entire series for like 60$ or so and my pops and I were thinking bout it

solid. It's not Cornwell's best series but there's lots of great characters and scenes to chew on. You'll learn a lot about history by reading them.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
solid. It's not Cornwell's best series but there's lots of great characters and scenes to chew on. You'll learn a lot about history by reading them.

Ok cool, appreciate your response WG. Will probably purchase them as I'm always looking to add to my backlog of books lol.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This show is really, really good. Sucks that there's only 3 pages on it, haha. With this and Vikings, I'm pretty much hooked on that time period. All the characters are really enjoyable to watch, and I think Erik Karlsson is great as the lead.

I just liked the show first, but in episode 4 or 5 when Uhtred was forced to grovel and then totally turned on the church and killed that guy with his horse - wow, it became great. Looking forward to season 2. Without the queen tho :(

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Was looking for this but couldn't find it, this series is most definitely on of my new favorites.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like title of the thread can be changed to BBC/Netflix series Last Kingdom as Netflix is now co-producing the series.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/netflix...reymon-carnival-films-bbc-america-1201769660/

Can't wait for the second season to be available.

Season 2 picks up in the year 878 as the wild lands of the north have fallen into chaos and rebellion. Uhtred continues the fight for his native land of Northumbria. Having given his sword to King Alfred, despite his upbringing by the invading pagan Danes, he embarks on a voyage to reclaim his own fate and avenge Earl Ragnar’s death, recapturing his ancestral lands of Bebbanburg.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Looks like title of the thread can be changed to BBC/Netflix series Last Kingdom as Netflix is now co-producing the series.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/netflix...reymon-carnival-films-bbc-america-1201769660/

Can't wait for the second season to be available.

Season 2 picks up in the year 878 as the wild lands of the north have fallen into chaos and rebellion. Uhtred continues the fight for his native land of Northumbria. Having given his sword to King Alfred, despite his upbringing by the invading pagan Danes, he embarks on a voyage to reclaim his own fate and avenge Earl Ragnar’s death, recapturing his ancestral lands of Bebbanburg.
That actually sucks for me, I guess it won't be airing on BBC America now.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I liked the TV-series more than the book. Ubba was my favorite!

Bernard Cornwell who also writes Sharpe writes many series where the heroes, villains, friends and ladies are all the same .. just different names and set in different eras.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Still not on Canada Netflix for some reasonnnnnnn.

Went on live chat with Netflix and was told there's a licensing issue they're trying to figure out so just keep checking everyday. Lame. Guess I'll have to d/l.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad