Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Why in the heck is Brandon Manning being scratched in the AHL? He is an NHL caliber 5/6 D-man and can’t see the ice in the minor league? That coach in Bakersfield needs to be removed if this continues.

Except that he ISN'T an NHL 5th dman, not even close. He is a poor 7th guy on a bad team. The Condors are prioritizing development of young players, and rightfully so.

What is with you and Manning anyhow? Honest question, I'm not being a dick. Is he a buddy or family member or something? You defend him literally all the time, and post about little (if anything) else. Didn't you also post about him on the Philly board a lot? Good on you if he is a buddy/family member, as you are certainly sticking up for your guy. But if he isn't, then it is somewhat odd to have such a strong attachment to a borderline NHL player.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Why in the heck is Brandon Manning being scratched in the AHL? He is an NHL caliber 5/6 D-man and can’t see the ice in the minor league? That coach in Bakersfield needs to be removed if this continues.
Hes scratched cause he is trash, he is not a 5/6 nhl quality D.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He has... and the Oil thought Colin Larkin was more deserving of an NHL deal.

How many “scouts” do we employ again?

To be fair they brought him into the organization so 1/2 ain't bad as far as guys that we didn't draft.

Well Keegan Lowe is the son of our former GM and still big whigg Kevin Lowe so Manning won't play over him. Then there's Stanton as the other veteran LHD. IMO more than anything it might be a message to Manning to improve his game as our org and the rest of the league apparently thinks of him as overpaid and a cap dump.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
To be fair they brought him into the organization so 1/2 ain't bad as far as guys that we didn't draft.

Well Keegan Lowe is the son of our former GM and still big whigg Kevin Lowe so Manning won't play over him. Then there's Stanton as the other veteran LHD. IMO more than anything it might be a message to Manning to improve his game as our org and the rest of the league apparently thinks of him as overpaid and a cap dump.
Isn’t Keegan also the team captain?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would ask the same question because without question he'd be an upgrade on what Ryan Stanton brings to the table. But, the simple answer is that he hasn't won over the room since getting sent down. His most noteworthy play was a two handed slash to an opponent leading to a delayed penalty that resulted in the goal that ended the Condors' franchise-record win streak.

This coach doesn't owe him anything. And he seems to be doing a bang up job without Brandon Manning in his lineup.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I would ask the same question because without question he'd be an upgrade on what Ryan Stanton brings to the table. But, the simple answer is that he hasn't won over the room since getting sent down. His most noteworthy play was a two handed slash to an opponent leading to a delayed penalty that resulted in the goal that ended the Condors' franchise-record win streak.

This coach doesn't owe him anything. And he seems to be doing a bang up job without Brandon Manning in his lineup.
Why sub in an unknown when you current guys dominate without him

Reactions: joestevens29

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yes our AHL coach who has coached the team for the second best streak in AHL history should be removed for not playing Brandon Manning. Get real

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

I agree completely, that a coach who leads a team to a 17 game win streak should be fired because your son isn't getting enough playing time.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Jones, Bouchard, Bear, Lagesson, Day, Samoroukov, Persson, Berglund. We have a nice stable of young defenseman at different stages of development and with varying upside, most of them having good seasons. Hopefully this summer some of them can be moved to help fill other areas of need.
Speaking of Berglund, do we know if hes coming to the AHL next year?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Speaking of Berglund, do we know if hes coming to the AHL next year?

It'd be tough to fit him in. One NHL 3RD job and 3 AHL RD spots between Benning, Persson, Bouchard, Bear, and Day.

If we can't sign Day to an NHL deal then maybe it's a possibility. Otherwise I'd look to sign him then loan him back to the SHL for 1 year.

Last edited:

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
yeah who advocates to have a coach in the middle of a 17 game winning streak removed
appreciate you standing up for family, but cmon
grow the f up

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
That has to be Manning

I went full Gil Grissom.

Name: Alan
Favorite Team: New Orleans Saints
Most Hated Team(s): Rangers
Favorite Active Player(s): Manning, Mason, Jim Vandermeer(he's active in Europe), Ed "Boxcar" Hospodar(not active but he can still throw 'em)
Most Hated Active Player(s): I don't hate
Flyers Fan Since: I was 6 years old living in Philly and remember going to the games in the early 70's with my Dad. I joined here in 2007, but rarely have posted over the years. Usually I just enjoy reading the comments, but I chip in every once in a while.

This was posted on the boards, FYI. So I didn't like, break into his home haha...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
From the Condor's left side to genocide? What in the.....................

Yeah I just wanted people to treat the poster with some decency, I wasn't looking to start a path to look back and current and past events to show the very ugly side of human nature.

Reactions: Tw0Shoes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad