Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Logan Day just keeps scoring, 30th point on a nice pass by Tyler Benson (other assist to Yams). 2-1 Stockton. The Benson - Marody - Yams line just had an atrocious sequence where they just decided they were too cool to backcheck, then ended up coming back and scoring when Stockton missed on their grade-A chance.

Despite the assist, Yamamoto has not looked good tonight. Steps forward, steps backward.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Stockton leads 3-1 after 2 periods. Not looking too hot tonight. Stockton is playing quite well, they're fighting for their playoff lives, so perhaps they have a little more juice.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Logan Day just keeps scoring, 30th point on a nice pass by Tyler Benson (other assist to Yams). 2-1 Stockton. The Benson - Marody - Yams line just had an atrocious sequence where they just decided they were too cool to backcheck, then ended up coming back and scoring when Stockton missed on their grade-A chance.

Despite the assist, Yamamoto has not looked good tonight. Steps forward, steps backward.

What are your thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of Day? He’s kinda came out of nowhere

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Yamamoto is not on the bench to start the third. Stockton scores to make it 4-1, a softie by Skinner.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yamamoto is not on the bench to start the third. Stockton scores to make it 4-1, a softie by Skinner.

Damn. I wonder if Starrett is our NHL back-up next season if Skinner, Wells or one of our other prospect goalies can step in and be a decent AHL starter?

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
What are your thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of Day? He’s kinda came out of nowhere

Ya he has hasn't he? I don't know what to make of it. He and Lagesson both have some very surprising offensive instincts. They both pinch well, handle the puck well, skate well. And they're solid on defence.

Day has a mature game, less flashy, but more efficient, and safer, while still creating.

Definitely a great pickup, and a key reason the Condors are doing well.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Ya he has hasn't he? I don't know what to make of it. He and Lagesson both have some very surprising offensive instincts. They both pinch well, handle the puck well, skate well. And they're solid on defence.

Day has a mature game, less flashy, but more efficient, and safer, while still creating.

Definitely a great pickup, and a key reason the Condors are doing well.

That’s good we need D men who can hold the line.

Day is really intriguing me.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Condors sure hate losing. 7-1 rebound win tonight, Benson was great, his assist was the kind of assist that makes you think he has an impact NHL game percolating. More of that please.

San Diego loses, so the Condors are 9 points up on both them and the Cuda.

Bako called up Jakob Stukel and put him on the Benson-Marody line.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Benson is now tied for 20th in the league for points.

Only 4 points back of 10th in the league, and 9 points back on 3rd in the league.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Benson is now tied for 20th in the league for points.

Only 4 points back of 10th in the league, and 9 points back on 3rd in the league.

Been saying that out of Benson, JP and Yamo, Benson was likely gonna turn out to be the best out of the 3 and so far, hasn't disappointed in his first pro season. He just plays a 'pro' style game.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Been saying that out of Benson, JP and Yamo, Benson was likely gonna turn out to be the best out of the 3 and so far, hasn't disappointed in his first pro season. He just plays a 'pro' style game.

He certainly seems to have the most "tools", and has always been described as a "200 foot player". His stats have really started adding up as well, where you have to start talking about him as a potential for a "scoring role" player in the NHL (whenever he gets there). I had my doubts about him, as his stats weren't that impressive earlier in the year, but they are certainly piling up recently. 50 points in 56 games as a 20 year old rookie in the AHL is nothing to sneeze at. It's still yet to be determined whether its mostly "team effect", or whether Benson is one of the *reasons* for the team being good. I'm really starting to lean towards Benson being one of the reasons though.

I've seen some people compare Benson to Lander, as he could end up a "tweener" (too good for the AHL, and not good enough for big role in the NHL), so I looked up Lander's AHL stats. At the same age, Lander put up 5 points in 14 games, and then as a 21 year old, he did 20 points in 47 games. It wasn't until age 22 (same age as Marody is now) that Lander put up a big season in the AHL (52 points in 46 GP). So I think it's fairly safe to have Benson fairly far ahead of Lander at this stage of their careers.

Marody needs to be discussed as well, but he is 2 years older, so its a little less impressive than what Benso. Still putting up a great season, and you can't ask anything more of the guy really. But as with Lander from above, I wonder how he will translate to the NHL.

Be interesting to see what happens with these two next training camp? Do the Oilers keep them in bottom-6 roles, or do they put them back in the AHL to play big minutes and mature further?

Reactions: Aerrol and frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He certainly seems to have the most "tools", and has always been described as a "200 foot player". His stats have really started adding up as well, where you have to start talking about him as a potential for a "scoring role" player in the NHL (whenever he gets there). I had my doubts about him, as his stats weren't that impressive earlier in the year, but they are certainly piling up recently. 50 points in 56 games as a 20 year old rookie in the AHL is nothing to sneeze at. It's still yet to be determined whether its mostly "team effect", or whether Benson is one of the *reasons* for the team being good. I'm really starting to lean towards Benson being one of the reasons though.

I've seen some people compare Benson to Lander, as he could end up a "tweener" (too good for the AHL, and not good enough for big role in the NHL), so I looked up Lander's AHL stats. At the same age, Lander put up 5 points in 14 games, and then as a 21 year old, he did 20 points in 47 games. It wasn't until age 22 (same age as Marody is now) that Lander put up a big season in the AHL (52 points in 46 GP). So I think it's fairly safe to have Benson fairly far ahead of Lander at this stage of their careers.

Marody needs to be discussed as well, but he is 2 years older, so its a little less impressive than what Benso. Still putting up a great season, and you can't ask anything more of the guy really. But as with Lander from above, I wonder how he will translate to the NHL.

Be interesting to see what happens with these two next training camp? Do the Oilers keep them in bottom-6 roles, or do they put them back in the AHL to play big minutes and mature further?

I think Yamo has it as well but he's just small so he'll need to adjust more. JP's game is still too Euro like but maybe his hip shit made him play that way, I dunno

Benson was just too injury prone in the past that hurt his draft stock IMO. But the skills were always there.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think Yamo has it as well but he's just small so he'll need to adjust more. JP's game is still too Euro like but maybe his hip **** made him play that way, I dunno

Benson was just too injury prone in the past that hurt his draft stock IMO. But the skills were always there.

I don't know what to think of Yamo to be honest. He accomplished absolutely NOTHING in the NHL, but he is scoring at a decent rate in the AHL for a 20 year old. My guess is that we'll see him down in the AHL next year as well, and we'll have a better read on him after next season. For guys that are as small as he is, they need to really stand out in some manner, and he (as of yet) doesn't seem to do that.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Why in the heck is Brandon Manning being scratched in the AHL? He is an NHL caliber 5/6 D-man and can’t see the ice in the minor league? That coach in Bakersfield needs to be removed if this continues.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Why in the heck is Brandon Manning being scratched in the AHL? He is an NHL caliber 5/6 D-man and can’t see the ice in the minor league? That coach in Bakersfield needs to be removed if this continues.
lol why??

Thanks Mrs. Manning but they have better defensemen in the minors and they're one of the top teams without him on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad