B. Schenn

toughfighter83*

When Hartnell comes back it'll help things a bit. It will force someone like Read maybe down to play with Couturier. I'd like to see

Hartnell-G-Vora
Briere-Schenn-Simmonds
McGinn-Couturier-Read
Fed-Talbot-Rinaldo

But i'm fully expecting McGinn to get sent back down.

no, i like this better

hartnell-giroux-simmonds
briere-schenn-knuble
mcGinn-courturier-read
fed - talbot-sesito

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Why do you consider Knuble better than Voracek? What has Knuble shown you, compared to Voracek's recent excellent performance, that makes you bump him up to the second line and leave Voracek as a scratch?

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
2014:
Giroux - RFA
BSchenn - RFA
Couturier - RFA
McGinn - RFA
Read - UFA
Timonen - UFA
Meszaros - UFA

Hartnell (4.20) - [Giroux] - Voracek (4.25)
Simmonds (3.98) - [Schenn] - Briere (6.50)
Laughton/McGinn (1.00~) - [Couturier] - [Read]
Rinaldo (0.80~) - Talbot (1.75) - Zolnierczyk/Wellwood/Sestito (0.80~)
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Coburn (4.50) - Grossmann (3.50)
Schenn (3.60) - Gustafsson (1.30~)
xxxxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxx

Bryzgalov (5.67)
xxxxxxxxxxx

CAP: 64.30
SPENT: 41.85
SPACE: 22.45 to re-sign Giroux (6.50~), Schenn (3.00~), Couturier (3.00~), Read (4.25~), for a total of (16.75) leaving (05.70) for three defenseman, an emergency forward, and a backup goaltender if you don't amnesty Briere and the cap doesn't go up.

I think you are a little low on Giroux's cap hit. I think most superstars will be making at least over 7 but probably in the 8's with the new limitation on years in the cba. I am not sure it will matter as the cap could go up that year. I also think Briere won't be here by then so that's another 6.5 to spend.

RJ8812*

I really doubt Briere will be here for the 2014-15 season. Maybe next year

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Amnesty Briere and Mesz.....like both but Briere is just too cost prohibitive given our other needs and what we have behind him and Mesz is becoming Walker with his injuries. I like Mesz but worried he can't stay healthy and his cash could be used on something more exclamatory...

RJ8812*

Amnesty Briere and Mesz.....like both but Briere is just too cost prohibitive given our other needs and what we have behind him and Mesz is becoming Walker with his injuries. I like Mesz but worried he can't stay healthy and his cash could be used on something more exclamatory...

no point wasting an amnesty buy-out on Mez whne his contract is up next summer

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

why waste an amnesty on mesz when he's a ufa the year all those RFA's need to be re-signed? Briere's contract is a year longer and is in the way of getting the young guys signed but mesz will be done by then and could be re-signed or left to walk.

JinzoBlaze

Jan 20, 2009
anyone else want hartnell to play with briere when he gets back? seems like every line hartsy is on does well. keep giroux, voracek and read together. Briere, hartnell and schenn would be a good second line.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Mez comes back from his injury and plays well he could return a 2nd rounder most likely in the off season. If he plays well this season and is traded at the deadline, he could fetch a first rounder. Especially since he has another year on his deal.

A couple big IFS in there, but I think a team desperate enough could offer a pretty package for Mez. St Louis, Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim(if they want more depth) Vancouver, and Nashville could come calling. Note they were just Western conference teams.

That is only if we are out of the playoffs too. I don't think Mez and Briere need to be bought out, they can be traded.

Last edited:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
why waste an amnesty on mesz when he's a ufa the year all those RFA's need to be re-signed? Briere's contract is a year longer and is in the way of getting the young guys signed but mesz will be done by then and could be re-signed or left to walk.

Oh wasn't aware of Mesz's contract..good point. Who should take his place then?

toughfighter83*

Why do you consider Knuble better than Voracek? What has Knuble shown you, compared to Voracek's recent excellent performance, that makes you bump him up to the second line and leave Voracek as a scratch?

voracek is nothing but a passer, he's not a scorer, i dont know why you are in love with players that pass so much like him, you must watch so much soccer.

besides i'll put him on third line with courturier.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
voracek is nothing but a passer, he's not a scorer, i dont know why you are in love with players that pass so much like him, you must watch so much soccer.

Do you not like Giroux because he is a play maker?? That makes no sense whatsoever. Certain players play the game different. That's why there are terms like snipers and play makers....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
anyone else want hartnell to play with briere when he gets back? seems like every line hartsy is on does well. keep giroux, voracek and read together. Briere, hartnell and schenn would be a good second line.

I could see that...

Read-G-Voracek
Hartnell-Briere-Schenn
Knuble-Couturier-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Talbot-Feds

Am I forgetting anyone? I think McGinn gets sent down, although I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in the lineup over Rinaldo or Fedotenko. Any combination of two in and one out is fine with me.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

1) Stop making insane assumptions about what I do or do not love. You've been hilariously incorrect every time you've tried.

2) Playmakers can be just as crucial for offensive production as shooters. Remember Leino? Remember when he played with Hartnell and Briere, and how that line was absolutely dominant? A big reason for that was Leino's playmaking abilities. Great passing is an important skill that has defined many careers, and you massively underrate it. Every team needs those guys.

3) I watch zero soccer.

Edit: Nobody likes strawman arguments. You should stop using them. Actually debate the things people post, instead of imagining a different stance for them and arguing against that.

Last edited:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I could see that...

Read-G-Voracek
Hartnell-Briere-Schenn
Knuble-Couturier-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Talbot-Feds

Am I forgetting anyone? I think McGinn gets sent down, although I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in the lineup over Rinaldo or Fedotenko. Any combination of two in and one out is fine with me.

I like it, but I would switch Schenn and Briere at center. Moving forward, it's pretty clear that Giroux/Schenn/Couturier is your setup down the middle. These guys need to be playing that position as much as possible. Frankly, if Briere can't adjust to wing at this point of his career, he should be brought up as a potential amnesty in the offseason. There's just no reason to delay the development of those guys so we can get a 100% Briere.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

Lol jesus, so you replace him with Knuble? Voracek has more goals than Knuble for one, also way less PIM. Look at the chemistry the Read - G - Vora line had too. Theres no reason to ever want Knuble over Voracek. I don't understand anything you post..

toughfighter83*

1) Stop making insane assumptions about what I do or do not love. You've been hilariously incorrect every time you've tried.

2) Playmakers can be just as crucial for offensive production as shooters. Remember Leino? Remember when he played with Hartnell and Briere, and how that line was absolutely dominant? A big reason for that was Leino's playmaking abilities. Great passing is an important skill that has defined many careers, and you massively underrate it. Every team needs those guys.

3) I watch zero soccer.

Edit: Nobody likes strawman arguments. You should stop using them. Actually debate the things people post, instead of imagining a different stance for them and arguing against that.

forget, jake, this team is always passing which is my biggest problem with this team, that's why they cant beat the devils or good trap teams, they are always being fancy with the puck, you are telling me that's the way to win?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
forget, jake, this team is always passing which is my biggest problem with this team, that's why they cant beat the devils or good trap teams, they are always being fancy with the puck, you are telling me that's the way to win?

Taking bad shots just so they can get to forty a game is not the recipe for success.

Jake drives the wing wide with his speed and often pulls the eyes of the guys on the ice towards him. That opens up a lot of space for the shooters on the team to get to the high scoring area, which he is always looking for. Of course he could be a better shooter, but that would make him one of the most dangerous players in the league when combined with all of his other attributes.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa

Voracek has 12 points in his last 9 games. Seems like the guy is maturing offensively, and you've done nothing but **** on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad