Awesome brawl in Bruins/Thrashers game

Analyzer*

So in essence he sounds like a crazy hockey fan, just like 99.9999% of HF's posters?

Rather have that than a PBP guy with no personality.

He gets paid to do that, though. Crazy hockey fans, are crazy hockey fans. Having energy and great commentary( seems like a smart guy with the vocab he uses) is great. Comparing a regular season win (albeit to make the playoffs iirc) to the war of 1812 is ****ed up.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Geez, there are way too many crybabies in this tread. There was a hit and a few fights -- some old time hockey. No one got hurt and everyone was entertained. Try to enjoy it for once.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Don't get your panties in a knot! Lucic punched him in the face cuz he got hit high. Gordie Howe is a legend...what do you think he would have done? But now, everyone is all "waaaah...cheap shot!" Yeah, it was a cheap shot! :laugh:

qwertysac

Nov 14, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Edwards has got to be the biggest homer on the face of the earth. I'm in constant FACEPALM mode when listening to the guy.

If there is anybody out there who is worse, please let me know.

Dojji*

People need to stop saying "cheap shot!" the way they'd say "war crime!" Was it cheap? Yeah, and there'll be a price for that, but eh, that's hockey. It got chippy really fast. There's probably enough blame to go round on that. Atlanta wanted to start something because they were down, and Boston was all too willing after some frustrating games, so we had a line brawl. Cool. Entertaining. The guy who started it (Ference, NOT LUCIC) got bloodied. No one got seriously hurt. The Horton-Kane fight was fun to watch. That's pretty much it, now we can move on.

And Atlanta fans can stop playing the victim card on a fight their guys were as eager to spark as the Bruins were anytime now.

brevard*

I got an issue with this.
Some of you feel the hit was not legal, some feel it was legal and many others are saying it was "high" but not to high (legal)

Many of those saying it was legal are also saying the Bruins were correct to react they way they did. I say ********.
Lets remove the names of the players here they are not important, why is it a guy who delivers a check that is legal has to fight to defend the hit? This is nuts and not how the game was played in the past. yeah there were a few stars who nobody was to touch (Gretzky comes to mind) but now it seems every hard check leads to a scrum. That will do more to kill good clean hitting than any crappy rule Bettman or the BOG can make up.

(I AM NOT CALLING OUT THE BRUINS. NEARLY ALL TEAMS ARE DOING THIS)
I think what needs to happen is some type of progressive discipline against the players, coaches and teams where players continually react like this.
If you suspend a guy a game the 2nd time he does this. and/or suspend a coach for a game and fine the owner 500k the 3rd time the TEAM does it. decent players will be able to check the opposing players without being worried about getting jumped from behind. ,,, Note it is progressive so you CAN REACT on the occasion someone actually delivers a dirty check against a teammate.

For the record I am not a fan of either team but saw the game on TV. Thought the hit was clean (not to the head, not charging, not interference, and replays show no elbow, not anything against the rules)

I thought Ference should have gotten 2/5/G, I thought Lucic deserved his as well. I understand the ref missing the call and giving Meyer an elowing penalty but why in the world did he get a roughing penalty?

And the dirtyness of Lucic throwing that punch should get him more than 1 game no matte how hard some here think it was. This would not be his 1st suspension and one of his previous suspensions involved an improper punching incident. He simply cannot throw a punch in that situation.
If players don't respect other players because it's the right thing to do then they can sit.

8BostonRocker24

Feb 8, 2006
Silicon Valley
Whether the hit was clean or not (idk..seemed KIND OF high) but that sucker punch by Lucic was much worse, and I'm sure even Bruins fan can agree with that.
Yep. And this isn't even the dumbest thing Lucic has done. I love the guy, but when his fuse goes off, watch out.

His sucker punch on Mike Komisarek a few years ago was much much worse. He should of been suspended then and he should be suspended now.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Clean hit, disgusting response by Boston.

Sad state of the NHL today where nobody can make a clean hit without an ensuing fight or brawl.

Dojji*

Ahh put a cork in it, both sides wanted that fight and they got it, nuff said.

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Well they couldn't suspend Cooke because they had to be consistent and they didn't suspend Walker for his sucker punch so obviously they can't suspend Lucic.
:sarcasm:

Dojji*

It was a borderline hit, and was a cheap shot. He went high because he couldn't tackle Lucic head on and survive. Just because he has to do it that way doesn't mean it's not cheap though.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
yeah there were a few stars who nobody was to touch (Gretzky comes to mind) but now it seems every hard check leads to a scrum.
I can't quote for some reason, but don't forget there was a guy called Dave Semenko (or Dave Cementhead), you touched Gretzky, you had to deal with Dave. Bettman has taken that out of the game, and this is what you get now.
Whether the hit was legal or not is irrelevant, it was the perfect excuse for the B's to get into something. Game was not on the line, towards the end and you have Lucic and Horton on the ice. Go for it, something was needed to wake the B's up from their sleep of late. Lucic will get a game or two I'm sure, he gets hot but that's just Milan being Milan, no problems with that at all.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
lol Here come the attendance jabs. Surprised it took 7 pages before the first one was thrown. Grown men constantly crying because someone doesn't agree with their opinion.

HF is always good for a laugh

Waltah*

lol at thrashers fans crying about getting manhandled. who was going to step up to the plate after kane got tossed around by LOL horton?

next.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
Anyone who says Meyers' hit was clean needs to take the homer glasses off. Maybe the elbow didn't connect, but at the least it was two gloves to the face. There's no "chest to chest" there...lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It was a high hit, deserved a penalty (roughing or elbowing take your pick) but didn't deserve a response like that. But it was bad timing because Boston has just been going through a stretch of being told they don't care and don't stick up for anything.

Fun brawl, Lucic will likely have a hearing with the league but I doubt he'll be suspended, probably just get a few thousand fine.

Other things of note, Edwards is easily the most homer announcer in the league. I love listening to him, it's absolutely hilarious.

I respect Savard for jumping in and squaring off with someone, but he's just gotta do a better job of not getting into an actual fight and making it stay a wrestling match. One solid punch and his career might be over. He did the same thing against Buffalo a couple weeks back too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad