Awesome brawl in Bruins/Thrashers game

Arthur*

Lucic took a high hit from meyer, Ference jumps Meyer from behind, and all hell breaks loose

Horton actually scored a knockdown on Kane, and Savard and Little even got in on it

Plus Jack Edwards was at his delusional best, losing his mind in that.

I'll post this as a placeholder until someone uploads it to youtube

And somehow Atlanta ended up with a 3 minute powerplay

Sony Eriksson*

Lucic gets a 10 for an attempt to injure on Kane? What did he do?

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
Lucic gets match for barely punching Meyer.. Nice to see Meyer fall down like he got struck in the face by a slapshot.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lucic took a high hit from meyer, Ference jumps Meyer from behind, and all hell breaks loose

Horton actually scored a knockdown on Kane, and Savard and Little even got in on it

Plus Jack Edwards was at his delusional best, losing his mind in that.

I'll post this as a placeholder until someone uploads it to youtube

And somehow Atlanta ended up with a 3 minute powerplay

Awaiting YT NESN feed.

Telfo

THRASHERS(and Golden Knights too)
Oct 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA

i think he got the match penalty for the sucker punch on meyer.

not sure if they showed it on the NESN broadcast but it was clear as day on the ATL broadcast

very entertaining though, WTF was Savard doing fighting?

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006

He punched Meyer in the face when he was wrapped up.

Kane was busy about 20 feet away getting punched in the face by Nathan Horton. Good even scrap between the two teams, IMO.

Telfo

THRASHERS(and Golden Knights too)
Oct 31, 2008
Atlanta, GA
He punched Meyer in the face when he was wrapped up.

Kane was busy about 20 feet away getting punched in the face by Nathan Horton. Good even scrap between the two teams, IMO.

yeah, it was all non fighters on the ice so the fights werent great, but still funny

i would love to hear the Jack Edwards version of events

Bourque7799

Jun 1, 2006
New England
i think he got the match penalty for the sucker punch on meyer.

not sure if they showed it on the NESN broadcast but it was clear as day on the ATL broadcast

very entertaining though, WTF was Savard doing fighting?

No clue...he's gotta wrap up during those and keep it clean. One punch and his brains are scrambled eggs.

Entertaining though, and the NESN feed will be hilarious because Edwards sounds like a babbling moron..as usual.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Definitely fun to watch. Meyer hit Lucic high, but Lucic sucker punched somebody (couldn't tell who it was). Nice tilt Horton and Kane... Savard and Little had a hugging battle, but still enjoyable to see. I really like the way Atlanta is built... definitely have a real grinding style of play and very fun to watch. Can't wait till they meet again on the 30th!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
High hit with the elblow from Meyer ( hence the elbowing call on him ) and the Bruins respond. Nice to see.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Meyer is a ****ing puke. Sounds like he got what he deserved.

Injured Neil and WInchester last year by submarining.

KPeezy17

Nov 29, 2008
manchvegas, nh
Great ending to a fun game to watch.

Some cliffs to the brawl
-Ference sticks up for Lucic and makes sure Meyer pays for a cheap shot
-Lucic although gave him a sucker punch, it was really barely a tap and a HUGE flop by Meyer
-Horton beat Kanes ass!!! that was awesome
-Savard getting into a fight was funny, although he got roughed around.

NewEnglandSportsFan*

No, but when Brickley was calling Lucic out for the cheapshot punch he threw at the end, Jack accused Meyer of diving. Seriously.

which it was... embellishment worth of the Sean Avery Diving Award...

sick brawl... Bruins won it... but then again, look at who we had out there (Lucic, Ference, Horton, Lucic, McQuaid... well and Savvy too)

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
Clean hit by Meyer (two for elbowing???) on the 30+ pound 5 inches taller Lucic, brawl ensues, Meyer gets gang ***** by like 3 players, refs *finally* have everybody wrapped up and Lucic goes for the sucker punch and drops Meyer.

Watching Savard try to get Little to fight was really weird... I can understand wanting to stand up for a teammate if there was a dirty play, but you've got to pick your spots better than that, especially if you just spent 6+ months recovering from a concussion. Props to Little for resisting until Savard threw.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Wouldn't surprise me to see Lucic get a game or two.

Not a very hard punch, but you just can't do that.

Nice to see the Bruins show some emotion for a change.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Clean hit by Meyer (two for elbowing???) on the 30+ pound 5 inches taller Lucic, brawl ensues, Meyer gets gang ***** by like 3 players, refs *finally* have everybody wrapped up and Lucic goes for the sucker punch and drops Meyer.

Watching Savard try to get Little to fight was really weird... I can understand wanting to stand up for a teammate if there was a dirty play, but you've got to pick your spots better than that, especially if you just spent 6+ months recovering from a concussion. Props to Little for resisting until Savard threw.

I wonder what team you're a fan of. ;)

Crossovert*

meyer got 2 for elbowing? haha terrible call

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad