Awesome brawl in Bruins/Thrashers game

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
Clean hit by Meyer (two for elbowing???) on the 30+ pound 5 inches taller Lucic, brawl ensues, Meyer gets gang ***** by like 3 players, refs *finally* have everybody wrapped up and Lucic goes for the sucker punch and drops Meyer.

Watching Savard try to get Little to fight was really weird... I can understand wanting to stand up for a teammate if there was a dirty play, but you've got to pick your spots better than that, especially if you just spent 6+ months recovering from a concussion. Props to Little for resisting until Savard threw.

If you get two for elbowing chances are it wasn't a clean hit. ;)

atl thrasher344

Believe in Blueland
Nov 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Things we can all LOL at:

Kane still had on his visor during his fight... once again.

Meyer took a beautiful dive on the Lucic suckerpunch.

The whole Edwards reaction to the Savard fight... although most people are misunderstanding him, thinking he was saying it was suicide for Little because Savvy would kill him. He said if Savvy got hurt by Little, the other bruins would kill him.
Horton obviously didn't have a problem with it since he picked Kane up after he was down.

NewEnglandSportsFan*

I'm surprised Savard fought. Normally he throws cheapshots and runs off.

I don't even want to hear Edwards' commenting on this. He'll compare the hit to Pearl Harbour and the brawl to the nuclear bomb and how Boston had no other chance.

wow a habs fan talking about cheap shots and running away? Color me surprised! ;)

So we play again next week, ehh?

Too bad we have to 'deal' with the Panthers before then, it'll likely suck all the emotion out of the Bruins out of boredom.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007

I don't even want to hear Edwards' commenting on this. He'll compare the hit to Pearl Harbour and the brawl to the nuclear bomb and how Boston had no other chance.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stradale

Sep 6, 2006
It is me or Lucic can't NEVER take a hard hit?

Yeah, it might be a little high but it reminds me of the Ohlund on Kessel hit, which is legal but I don't know why Lucic acted like an enraged cavemen after the hit. It wasn't even vicious unlike what Lucic did to Meyer.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

Actually you aren't that far off. :laugh:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Jack Edwards is awful. WOW.

That hit was borderline, IMO. Maybe high, but attempt to injure? I don't know...

Very tough of Lucic to punch a guy held by the official.

Kudos to Savard. Stepping into it even with his concussion issue.

Horton had a good one vs. Kane.

Would love to see these two go again. Horton clearly is a bigger guy but Kane makes up for that with his ability throw some pretty good punches. This would be a good rematch.

Crossovert*

It is me or Lucic can't take a hit?

Yeah, it might be a little high but it reminds me of the Ohlund on Kessel hit, which is legal but I don't know why Lucic acted like an enraged cavemen after the hit. It wasn't even vicious unlike what Lucic did to Meyer.

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
Undressing Pavelec in a shootout or a breakaway is something that happens every game. Don't think you are the first this week let alone ever.

Analyzer*

Hey, Edwards, what happened to Cooke after he damaged Savard ?

Pretty funny how Edwards thinks what Lucic did is acceptable (even if Meyer dove a bit), but if it were the other way around, Edwards would probably freak out and run down to the ice to fight the other guy. Make various comments about how that other player is a disgrace to the game and how he should be banned from the NHL.

Edwards is so terrible.

What Lucic did, happens. Especially with Looch. He gets angry quite easily. The punch didn't look to be all that hard. Unless Meyer really didn't expect to get hit, but it shouldn't have knocked him down. Hopefully it doesn't get Looch suspended past the next time these teams meet. The NHL needs more brawls. I love watching these. I hate Edwards and he ruins everything.

Vic Rattlehead*

Analyzer said:
Hey, Edwards, what happened to Cooke after he damaged Savard ?

Pretty funny how Edwards thinks what Lucic did is acceptable (even if Meyer dove a bit), but if it were the other way around, Edwards would probably freak out and run down to the ice to fight the other guy. Make various comments about how that other player is a disgrace to the game and how he should be banned from the NHL.

Edwards is so terrible.

What Lucic did, happens. Especially with Looch. He gets angry quite easily. The punch didn't look to be all that hard. Unless Meyer really didn't expect to get hit, but it shouldn't have knocked him down. Hopefully doesn't get Looch suspended past the next time these teams meet. The NHL needs more brawls. I love watching these. I hate Edwards and he ruins everything.

So in essence he sounds like a crazy hockey fan, just like 99.9999% of HF's posters?

Rather have that than a PBP guy with no personality.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Jack Edwards is awful. WOW.

That hit was borderline, IMO. Maybe high, but attempt to injure? I don't know...

Very tough of Lucic to punch a guy held by the official.

Kudos to Savard. Stepping into it even with his concussion issue.

Horton had a good one vs. Kane.

Basically how I see it....though bashing Kane for still having his visor on is comical...what is he suppose to do wait to join the scrum, take his helmet off, all on the off chance he might fight someone.

BreakAwayBergy

Aug 6, 2010
Maine
I can't help but feel that if the Jack wasn't a B's announcer, they would have a lot more fans.

I duno, I think he kind of elevates everything to a way more pumped up and energetic level, no matter what it is. I love it. :handclap:

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
The cheap shots everyone is taking at each other is quite comical. People getting genuinely upset and talking about things not even closely related to the basis of what this thread was about.

Who cares. It was a hit that resulted in a scrum, what else is new. Both teams got good shots in and we were all treated to Edwards' nonsensical ramblings.

I say good times.

Vic Rattlehead*

btn said:
I think prolonged exposure to Jack Edwards may lead to mental difficulties.

If you take him seriously, maybe.

If you don't and just have fun watching the game, then no. I just can't help but laugh when people get bent out of shape over PBP guys...it's as if they focus more on the commentary than the actual game itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad