Awesome brawl in Bruins/Thrashers game

Arthur*

The hit was slightly higher than it should've been, but I wouldn't call it headhunting or a cheapshot. It was just the perfect spark to light off a cathartic explosion though because the Bruins have been playing so poorly and being called out for their listlessness by fans and media. Lucic is supposed to be one of those grit guys and he gets knocked over by little Freddy Meyer. At that point, he'd had enough, and Ference saw it from behind and who knows if he saw the point of contact or just that Meyer was hitting upward(as he'd have to do to make contact with Lucic).

Lucic went too far on the punch on Meyer, wouldn't be shocked if he got a game, he'll probably earn a fine for that.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Gotta admit watching this brawl with Edwards is much more entertaining. :laugh:

Agreed. I don't know see how people don't LOVE this guy. He is high comedy every game. My favorite part was when he was talking about Savard throwing them when he hadn't yet thrown a punch.

BreakAwayBergy

Aug 6, 2010
Maine
Hopefully the Bruins can find these balls next time they play Montreal instead of rolling over and quitting like they did the last two times they played this season.

Uh. Wait, what? :shakehead

Anyways, great fight at the end, Bruins really needed this one. Lets hope to see more of this.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The hit was slightly higher than it should've been, but I wouldn't call it headhunting or a cheapshot. It was just the perfect spark to light off a cathartic explosion though because the Bruins have been playing so poorly and being called out for their listlessness by fans and media. Lucic is supposed to be one of those grit guys and he gets knocked over by little Freddy Meyer. At that point, he'd had enough, and Ference saw it from behind and who knows if he saw the point of contact or just that Meyer was hitting upward(as he'd have to do to make contact with Lucic).

Lucic went too far on the punch on Meyer, wouldn't be shocked if he got a game, he'll probably earn a fine for that.

I can agree with everything in this post. :handclap:

fatschoonerrat

Jul 6, 2007
Charleston
hockeyfansunion.com

Your reasonability disturbs me. :)

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
So how do they react to a dirty hit? Pluck the guy's eye out with a stick blade?

So if a guy on Atlanta got hit high, you'd expect no reaction? Come on dude, lighten the **** up.

It was a fun brawl caused by a hit that the Bruins thought was high. All there is to it. I personally don't have a problem with the hit, but I do know that it was a bit high. It's not a headshot, it's not headhunting, it's not that big of a deal IMO, but clearly the Bruins thought differently.

Vic Rattlehead*

Has to do with Boston finally showing guts against a random team in the East instead of their rivals whom they let walk all over them

Jeez, you're really taking this loss hard. It's just a game, bro.

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston
Has to do with Boston finally showing guts against a random team in the East instead of their rivals whom they let walk all over them

you_mad.jpg

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Lucic sucker punch no worse than the Walker sucker punch from two seasons ago that netted Scott no suspension. That said, this time it's against the Bruins, so Looch gets two games.

Anyway, I don't think the hit was particularly dirty, got up in the face a little bit, which is what set Lucic off. The reaction is really more because the team has been called for playing with a lack of passion lately (as someone else already pointed out).

As a Bruins fan, I'm happy to see it. Someone's gotta tell Marc Savard to smarten up though. Don't know what he was thinking!

And Edwards is Edwards, I think you love him or hate him. I think he's funny though. But I'm a homer, so maybe I wear black & gold colored glasses!!

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Btw, these 2 teams meet again next week in Atlanta. :handclap:

Although, I really don't expect much. The rematches are never as good as what you expect.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
The hit certainly wasn't that bad, but the Bruins were looking for any reason to prove to the fans/media that they still had a pulse. I was happy to see it, and I'm sure every other B's fan on here can agree with that.

Also, was nice to see Horton break up the tough guy mystique that's been following Kane around.

Vic Rattlehead*

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the Thrashers' 7th d man is able to troll your all-star in a 4-1 loss into reverting to Quasimodo form and taking a match penalty

Hey, at least Meyer finally had an opportunity to play in front of a full, boisterous crowd.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
I think it's absolutely hilarious that the Thrashers' 7th d man is able to troll your all-star in a 4-1 loss into reverting to Quasimodo form and taking a match penalty

It was almost as hilarious as the slowest player on the Bruins blowing past your star defenseman for an easy breakaway goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad