Awesome brawl in Bruins/Thrashers game

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
yeah, it was all non fighters on the ice so the fights werent great, but still funny

i would love to hear the Jack Edwards version of events

I'm sure you can guess... Every Bruin kicked their partner's ass. Every Thrasher is a criminal deserving of the beating they are taking and the referees are incompetent that the Bruins don't end the game with a 10 minute Power Play.

God I love Jack. :handclap:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Please. That was a clean hit by Meyer and then the whole Bruins team mauled him. He had three guys holding him down, two of them throwing punches. Over a clean hit. What a bunch of babies.

After getting walked all over for the last 2 years, I'm thrilled they actually showed some balls.

Rather be the bully than the bullied.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
Please. That was a clean hit by Meyer and then the whole Bruins team mauled him. He had three guys holding him down, two of them throwing punches. Over a clean hit. What a bunch of babies.

You can't hit a guy 30 pounds heavier and 5 inches taller in the chest with your gloves on a clean hit without expecting to pay for it.

Crossovert*

Meyer is a ****ing puke. Sounds like he got what he deserved.

Injured Neil and WInchester last year by submarining.

meyer is only like 5'7 of course he is gonna submarine guys, to him that is just a normal hipcheck

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Lucic gets hit high in the chest, Ferrence comes in to fight his battle for him, and Lucic hits Meyer clean in the jaw while both are locked up with other players.

NewEnglandSportsFan*

The homerism of some of these Thrashers fans is laughable. It was a high hit.

Also, yes it was a Looch suckerpunch... but massively embellished by the diver who started it all with the high hit anyhow, so it's all even in the end.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site

Perspective. After Monday night, the Bruins have been called a bunch of passionless pansies the past three days by their own fans. Something like this had to happen tonight.

FWIW, I thought it WAS two for elbowing. Not sure it warranted that kind of response from the B's, but... see above.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta

Also, yes it was a Looch suckerpunch... but massively embellished by the diver who started it all with the high hit anyhow, so it's all even in the end.

Learn the game, go watch a couple of clips on youtube of chest-to-chest open ice hits, then come back and try again

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
You can't hit a guy 30 pounds heavier and 5 inches taller in the chest with your gloves on a clean hit without expecting to pay for it.

To be honest, Meyer just has bad timing. The Bruins have been taking a lot of crap around here for playing with a general sense of malaise. Something like that was bound to come out of tonight's game. That said, Meyer did go intentionally high, don't be intellectually dishonest.

Parise09*

Wow, Jack Edwards and Lucic (for that sucker punch) are a joke.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Jack was ranting about a "suicide punch" or something ridiculous....with regard to Savard. I think Jack got into his holiday supply of hallucinogens a bit early this year.

NewEnglandSportsFan*

Learn the game, go watch a couple of clips on youtube of chest-to-chest open ice hits, then come back and try again

:handclap:

dumb post of the year award!

:sarcasm:

I don't know what hockey is. I apologize. Let me now return to soccer, that's my true area of expertise. :shakehead::help:

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta

Are you really arguing about a fight that grown ass men were in? I understand that you are a fan of the B's as I am a fan of the Thrashers. But really? They are grown men, who cares who won Meyer's hit wasn't high. You should probably learn to enjoy the end of a great game. That you guys even won.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
the same could be said about you, einstein

Maybe you should read my post. I said it was a high hit, and that Lucic threw a sucker punch. I also said that the Little/Savard fight was a hugging match. I actually commented, also, on how I like the way the Trashers are built and enjoy their grinding style of game.

I suppose that post screams homer eh? Keep up the good work, Einstein.

Last edited:

Moobles

Mar 15, 2009
It was high but legal. Ference jumped the gun and everyone joined in, was like escalation on the Korean Peninsula :laugh:. Even though he's awesome, Lucic had a dirty sucker punch there, though it wasn't that hard- seemed like more of a shot at something Meyer said to him. I'd feel bad if Meyer didn't dive like he'd been slugged.

That was the biggest embarrassment of the whole fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad