Awesome brawl in Bruins/Thrashers game

NewEnglandSportsFan*

Jack was ranting about a "suicide punch" or something ridiculous....with regard to Savard. I think Jack got into his holiday supply of hallucinogens a bit early this year.

If you were listening... he was calling it a potential suicide punch if Little were to TKO Savvy... because every bruins on the bench would likely have jumped him then and there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's probably a play worthy of a penalty, because you're not supposed to go hands to the face.

Vic Rattlehead*

Please. That was a clean hit by Meyer and then the whole Bruins team mauled him. He had three guys holding him down, two of them throwing punches. Over a clean hit. What a bunch of babies.

Cry me a river.

I want to see more of this stuff by Boston, not less.

Love the hate/crying from Thrashers fans. More of it, please.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Learn the game, go watch a couple of clips on youtube of chest-to-chest open ice hits, then come back and try again

A chest to chest hit? Did someone score a touchdown or something...?

The hit was high, and he got roughed up for it...deservedly so.

Giannetti30

Feb 29, 2008
Revere, MA
good game for the bruins glad they showed some emotion. you have to stand up for your teammates but it was a clean hit and idk what savard was thinking

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Clean hit.

Seriously do people want any sort of contact taken out of the game?

Has anybody actually said the hit was dirty? It's not a dirty hit IMO, it was a bit high. Hence the reaction from the Bruins. I'm 100% fine with hits like that, but if you make a hit like that you need to be prepared for retaliation. All there is to it.

fatschoonerrat

Jul 6, 2007
Charleston
hockeyfansunion.com
Perspective. After Monday night, the Bruins have been called a bunch of passionless pansies the past three days by their own fans. Something like this had to happen tonight.

FWIW, I thought it WAS two for elbowing. Not sure it warranted that kind of response from the B's, but... see above.

That's fine. I think it's a league-wide problem. Good on your team for kicking our ***** on the ice tonight. As awesome as the fight was to watch, I still don't think the hit warranted that kind of response. Meyer had three guys after him at once!

And yeah, the Bruins play-by-play guy was foaming at the mouth. But ours aren't exactly indifferent.

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
Clean hit.

Seriously do people want any sort of contact taken out of the game?

This, I enjoyed everything about the fight, maybe besides Savard getting in the fight. Guy is too skilled to risk another head injury like that even if it was with Little. I hope the game next week is this good.

NewEnglandSportsFan*

Are you really arguing about a fight that grown ass men were in? I understand that you are a fan of the B's as I am a fan of the Thrashers. But really? They are grown men, who cares who won Meyer's hit wasn't high. You should probably learn to enjoy the end of a great game. That you guys even won.

honestly I have no clue how to relate any of your post to the post of mine you quoted... ???

like, absolutely none of it matches up to my post. Except you saying it wasn't a high hit, when it was.

I'd agree with you, it was IMO the game of the year so far for the bruins, and a sweet brawl that still has me mega excited.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
Cry me a river.

I want to see more of this stuff by Boston, not less.

Love the hate/crying from Thrashers fans. More of it, please.

Hopefully the Bruins can find these balls next time they play Montreal instead of rolling over and quitting like they did the last two times they played this season.

Parise09*

Whether the hit was clean or not (idk..seemed KIND OF high) but that sucker punch by Lucic was much worse, and I'm sure even Bruins fan can agree with that.

Crossovert*

good game for the bruins glad they showed some emotion. you have to stand up for your teammates but it was a clean hit and idk what savard was thinking

him and stewart were thinking of getting me pims in fantasy

Vic Rattlehead*

Hopefully the Bruins can find these balls next time they play Montreal instead of rolling over and quitting like they did the last two times they played this season.

What does this have to do with Boston/Atlanta?

And yeah, it would be nice if Boston ****ed up Montreal.

Ivyy13

Trust and Tradition
Feb 4, 2007
Boston

You can stop with your troll attempts.. It's not working. Your team **** the bed tonight so stop complaining. Go to your own board and whine and moan about it.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
honestly I have no clue how to relate any of your post to the post of mine you quoted... ???

like, absolutely none of it matches up to my post. Except you saying it wasn't a high hit, when it was.

I'd agree with you, it was IMO the game of the year so far for the bruins, and a sweet brawl that still has me mega excited.

Then you'll be SUPER excited when Lucic misses the Florida game on Monday because Freddy Meyer (6 games player this season :laugh:) hurt his feeling so badly he had to sucker him

Vic Rattlehead*

Then you'll be SUPER excited when Lucic misses the Florida game on Monday because Freddy Meyer (6 games player this season :laugh:) hurt his feeling so badly he had to sucker him

Why u mad?

NewEnglandSportsFan*

so badly he took a rookie-year Crosby-esque/Sean Avery type dive?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->