Confirmed with Link: Avs To Play Outdoor Game Feb 27th [UPD: PUBLIC sale 10/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
He should play in a game on the current squad, might change his perspective of Guenin.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
This is not a good thing

"You know, I don't like to dwell in the past"

maxresdefault.jpg

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
This is not a good thing

It has nothing to do with how the current Avs are performing.

It may be different for you guys who live in Denver (or anywhere with an NHL team really), but I've never had the chance to see all the players I grew up watching. Prior to 2013 when I spent a semester in Calgary, the only time I had ever seen the Avalanche play was a preseason game in Vancouver in 2006. This is most likely a once in a lifetime chance for me to see Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Blake, Bourque, etc. and I do not want to miss it.

I'm still pumped for the regular game and I hope to see the Sharks game earlier in the week. But if there was no alumni game there is almost no chance I'd make the trip down in February.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I get it, especially if you are coming all this way. I just think it will be a pretty common sentiment.

TBH I'm really concerned about the view there's going to be at this thing. It would be a shame to think of it as once in a lifetime and you can't even SEE the guys.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I get it, especially if you are coming all this way. I just think it will be a pretty common sentiment.

TBH I'm really concerned about the view there's going to be at this thing. It would be a shame to think of it as once in a lifetime and you can't even SEE the guys.

But isn't that sort of the deal with these outdoor games? Even in the supposed "best seats in the house", you still aren't getting a great view, right?

And I'm very much still looking forward to the Outdoor game, the Avs' record since heir dreadful start has been....well, I fear for how people will take it if I say "promising", but I'll use that word, at least in context. In the context of how they started, they've been promising. There are still bad games, yes, but I feel better now than I did at the beginning of the season.

And the Alumni game...well, that's just pure nostalgia. I haven't heard that they're going to broadcast that anywhere...it's too bad if that is, indeed, the case.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, gotta chime in and say that I'm WAY more excited for the alumni game than the regular season one. I know I haven't posted much lately but I've still been watching the games and do a fair bit of lurking.

My excitement has to do with the fact that the outdoor games are somewhat of a gimmick....don't get me wrong, it's a gimmick I absolutely love but still a gimmick. Also, 82 games is a pretty long season. Aside from the "gimmick" of it being outdoors, this is just another game in a long season against an out of conference team that once was a rivalry.

The alumni game on the other hand really is a once in a lifetime chance to revisit some old friends, heroes and "villains".

Absolutely no contest in my opinion about which one I'm more interested in.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I doubt the alumni game is going to be on tv but we'll see.

I get that the game aspect is more special as something that's going to happen once but the whole reason it's happening is for the current Avalanche to have a game, it's the main event. It's a gimmick but not to the people of Colorado who have never had something like this before.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Yeah, gotta chime in and say that I'm WAY more excited for the alumni game than the regular season one. I know I haven't posted much lately but I've still been watching the games and do a fair bit of lurking.

My excitement has to do with the fact that the outdoor games are somewhat of a gimmick....don't get me wrong, it's a gimmick I absolutely love but still a gimmick. Also, 82 games is a pretty long season. Aside from the "gimmick" of it being outdoors, this is just another game in a long season against an out of conference team that once was a rivalry.

The alumni game on the other hand really is a once in a lifetime chance to revisit some old friends, heroes and "villains".

Absolutely no contest in my opinion about which one I'm more interested in.

I feel you on this. I'm luck enough to get to go and I was getting giddy seeing Roy take shots today. The alumni game is going to be a serious trip down memory lane and I'm so, so excited.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Is the alumni game also at Coors Field? I agree that it will be difficult to see the players from some of the seats. However, when I went to the press conference I got to sit in the lower stands about 20 rows up from 1st base. The view from there of the outline of the rink on the field was good. You should be able to identify the players without trouble. Now, the real issue is how much will the Avs alumni players' autographed jerseys cost? More than I can afford? Yup, of that I'm sure.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is the alumni game also at Coors Field? I agree that it will be difficult to see the players from some of the seats. However, when I went to the press conference I got to sit in the lower stands about 20 rows up from 1st base. The view from there of the outline of the rink on the field was good. You should be able to identify the players without trouble. Now, the real issue is how much will the Avs alumni players' autographed jerseys cost? More than I can afford? Yup, of that I'm sure.

Yes it will be there, that's why they are having it.

That's good, that's about where I'll be. My eyesight isn't very good on a good day so I'm still a bit worried.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I'm excited for both. It will be cool to see the old timers and the Avs will be in the thick of the playoff race.

Plus a big part of the reason for these games is the experience. I bet the folks up on the party deck and in the rockpile are gonna have an absolute blast. Even moreso if it snows.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Is anyone still looking for tickets? Way back when I bought the tickets I got my first set in a way that I didn't think would work and then a few weeks later SB let me use his/her promo code to buy tickets to put my mind at ease. I am forever grateful for that. So it looks like I'm going to be getting all of the tickets I ordered after all.

So in summary I have available:

2 SS Club Level Seats in Section 243 Row 12
2 Alumni Game Club Level Seats in Section 243 Row 3
1 SS Standing Room Only Ticket

And depending on if I can't change my flight to get into Denver earlier that Friday I might have two other tickets in Section 243 for the Alumni Game.

I am just looking to get back what I paid for them. Although I guess I need to figure out what the value of the SS ticket separate from the alumni and vice versa too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm more excited for the alumni game than the regular season game

Me as well. I think the regular season game will be just another game, with a neat setting, but the alumni game will be a throwback to nearly all my favorite players playing against their biggest rival, with nearly all their best players.

I'm with Haynes too. I don't think it will be feisty, but it will be a highly competitive game. More than any other alumni game probably.

These guys can still play too. I think Joe's gonna look great out there, and since he's playing against older players, Forsberg can still set everyone on the ice up for easy tap ins and breakaways playing on one foot. Also, seeing Roy take his first shots in that clip tonight had me amazed at how good he looked. He's gonna try to shut them out for sure.

You know the Detroit players probably have the same mentality and readiness as well. Lidstrom is probably gonna look amazing out there, and Yzerman is not gonna want to lose either. It's gonna be a great game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Me as well. I think the regular season game will be just another game, with a neat setting, but the alumni game will be a throwback to nearly all my favorite players playing against their biggest rival, with nearly all their best players.

I'm with Haynes too. I don't think it will be feisty, but it will be a highly competitive game. More than any other alumni game probably.

These guys can still play too. I think Joe's gonna look great out there, and since he's playing against older players, Forsberg can still set everyone on the ice up for easy tap ins and breakaways playing on one foot. Also, seeing Roy take his first shots in that clip tonight had me amazed at how good he looked. He's gonna try to shut them out for sure.

You know the Detroit players probably have the same mentality and readiness as well. Lidstrom is probably gonna look amazing out there, and Yzerman is not gonna want to lose either. It's gonna be a great game.

I could have swore I read a tweet that said Sakic was "iffy" on the game because of a back issue...now I can't find it :dunno:

New Scotland

Feb 22, 2014
Halifax, NS
And depending on if I can't change my flight to get into Denver earlier that Friday I might have two other tickets in Section 243 for the Alumni Game.
Sounds like I might have used the same way to get my tickets as you did for your first set - I was skeptical the whole time, but it looks like it's going to work out. I am in Section 217, which is also "press club" level whatever that means - did yours cost a ridiculous amount too? To make it worse, I bought them through ticketmaster.ca so figured I was paying in Canadian... was surprised when I saw my bank statement!

I'm flying from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I rented a condo in Capitol Hill (maybe?) for a week, and a car from the airport. Does anybody have any suggestions on things to do while I'm in town? I'm going to get tickets to the game against the Sharks on the Wednesday before the SS, and go skiing one day - but would still love to hear of fun things to do/places to go in Denver. I've wanted to come to Colorado since I started following the Avs in 1995/1996, so the few thousand dollars it will run me will hurt but should be worth every penny in the end!

p.s - I have two signed MacKinnon rookie jerseys that Nate signed while he was home in Halifax during the Olympic break. I'd be willing to bring one if anyone in Denver by chance has a signed Duchene/Landy/Varly/EJ/Barrie/Roy etc. that they'd like to swap! Long shot, but thought it was worth asking :laugh:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Go Avs!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We have a Coming to Denver thread that I'll bump. I'm happy to answer any questions but there's already so much info in it that it's the best place to start.

Actually it was bumped yesterday so it's on the front page

Glad to hear of visitors!

EurolancheDavid

Have you heard any update on when they want to send hard tickets? I read it scheduled for mid-Jannuary + they should send you an email questioning if you address if still valid and correct. But I have got nothing yet since the confirmation of the purchase (I am using US addresses of my friends for delivery).

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

is it confirmed yzerman will even play?

he could barely skate 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad