Confirmed with Link: Avs To Play Outdoor Game Feb 27th [UPD: PUBLIC sale 10/27]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There have been a lot of logo changes, didn't the Ducks completely change? The Kings? Teams that don't touch their logo are original 6 teams...we are not. The Broncos completely changed their logo and primary color, its not that unusual. I do agree some things should remain. I don't care that the Avalanche is too 90s because that's the history, just that its ok to explore options. And at this point the primary logo has gone nowhere so its a bit premature. I don't want to lose the A completely either, I'm just more saying its very refreshing to move outside the box especially for an org who is VERY resistant to any change. it would be pretty bold of this org to scrap the A and I'm not sure they'd ever do it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How many of the teams have drastically changed their logo?
How many are still using the logo they started with?

All teams have changed something with their logo (even the A has been tweaked with colors), and most have done it a significant amount. The Maple Leafs were green in the beginning. The Bruins actually had a bruin in the main logo.

The Panthers, Avalanche, Oilers, Flyers, and Hurricanes are the only teams to have the same 'logo' through their whole history (the Wild have taken away the lettering officially)... and they are not even the same. The colors have been tweaked in all of them and the Oilers have added and subtracted elements. The Jets could be thrown in here, but that depends on how you classify them.

http://www.****************/teams/list_by_league/1/National_Hockey_League/NHL/logos/

There have been a lot of logo changes, didn't the Ducks completely change? The Kings? Teams that don't touch their logo are original 6 teams...we are not. The Broncos completely changed their logo and primary color, its not that unusual. I do agree some things should remain. I don't care that the Avalanche is too 90s because that's the history, just that its ok to explore options. And at this point the primary logo has gone nowhere so its a bit premature. I don't want to lose the A completely either, I'm just more saying its very refreshing to move outside the box especially for an org who is VERY resistant to any change. it would be pretty bold of this org to scrap the A and I'm not sure they'd ever do it.

Even O6 teams have changed their logos a significant amount. Not much since the 50s, but all went through some changes in their first 20-30 years.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

The Ducks wanted to move away from the Disney theme in an attempt to be seen as a serious franchise and rightfully so, because that logo was a travesty. Kings are an example of what no to do, they had a beauty of the logo when they came in and now they have a bland/boring concept.

la_kings_logos_640.jpg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Well the worst thing you can say about the C is that it is (again, for me) kind of boring. So if they scrap the A there are far worse places to go I agree!

Have any teams every done a completely different logo from home to away jerseys before? I know some teams (Calgary, Toronto, Tampa, etc) have recolored logos on their homes versus aways but what if you had a home jersey that featured the A and an away jersey that had the C? You could cater to both crowds and sell some extra merch. The A would stay the primary identity logo but in the MLB for example, when you are on the road you generally have the script of your city/state on your uniform. Using the C logo in such a manner would essentially be the same thing. And since road unis are white...you could basically have a tweaked version of this outdoor sweater phase in as the road look.

Just a thought...not even sure you can do it though?

Minnesota technically does. They have the Word Mark around their logo on the home jerseys, and then just the regular logo on the away. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any others

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
"I cheer for the logo on the front, not the name on the back"

Not wanting to change the logo we've loved since the team came to Colorado is not 'living in the past and refusing to move forward'.

How many of the teams have drastically changed their logo?
How many are still using the logo they started with?

Are they mired in the past?

I, for one, sincerely hope the C does not dethrone the A moving forward.
Keep the C for 3rd jerseys, but don't change the primary logo that people identify with, that fans love, just for the sake of getting Coloradoans to say, "cool, man".
I feel the same way. I love the idea of the C for the third jersey and think the logo and jersey overall looks great. However I would hate to see the A being replace by the C. I'm all for refreshing the A logo though if it doesn't change too much.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I'm realizing through all of this that Colorado pride doesn't seem to mean much to the out-of-staters. I really, really like the C logo and would be happy for a change away from the A personally, but I guess that's just my own colorado pride speaking.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
This isn't really the right thread to be discussing this, but how many teams have a primary logo which does not depict or reference their nickname in any way?

I can only think of the old Buffaslug Sabres and the Canucks flying V (but I'm sure there are several more). The Canucks are a strange one, they've had a couple logos which many could argue do not represent a "Canuck" in any way, but at least most of them are much more than a reference to Vancouver or BC.

If the Avs got rid of their A logo and just used the C from the flag, then there is nothing left that means Avalanche. That's the only problem I have with moving in that direction, even though I like the jerseys.
The mountainous logo is better the the stadium series one in my opinion for this reason.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
But back on subject, has anyone heard form Chris Drury in the last few years?

It would be great to see him in the game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
But back on subject, has anyone heard form Chris Drury in the last few years?

It would be great to see him in the game.

Was recently hired to Director of Player Development with the New York Rangers

Former Rangers captain Chris Drury is the team’s new director of player development.

General manager Jeff Gorton said Friday Drury will work with the hockey operations department and the club’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack. He also will help oversee and evaluate college players.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/05/rangers-hire-chris-drury-to-this-key-post/

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I'm realizing through all of this that Colorado pride doesn't seem to mean much to the out-of-staters. I really, really like the C logo and would be happy for a change away from the A personally, but I guess that's just my own colorado pride speaking.

Yeah, I'm a transplant from long, long ago but I definitely get it and strongly feel the same way. While I love the A and don't ever want it to completely go away, the C definitely shows our Colorado pride.

Lord Moriarty007

Lets go Avs & Bolts!
May 1, 2013
Denver, CO/Orlando,FL
Does anyone know how to get in contact about polices and ticket info for guest who have service dogs? While I don't have physical disability(its a mental one) My dog is a service dog, who goes anywhere with me. While I don't have physical disability(its a mental one which is still protected by ADA laws.) I want to know if I have to buy ADA seating tickets or somewhere else. If anyone can help of point me to the right direction that will be awesome.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Ducks wanted to move away from the Disney theme in an attempt to be seen as a serious franchise and rightfully so, because that logo was a travesty. Kings are an example of what no to do, they had a beauty of the logo when they came in and now they have a bland/boring concept.

la_kings_logos_640.jpg

Lol I always thought the Kings' logo from 88-98 looked like the Chevrolet logo

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone have a presale code?
I see that there is one for the Avalanche and one for the Rockies.

Pete Mitchell

"Watch the canopy!!"
Mar 26, 2008
Frederick, CO
Does anyone know if the alum game is the normal 20X3 periods? Sorry if this has been descussed, breifly looked through the thread but did not see anything and can't find anything online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad