Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zadorov to 2 year deal ($2.15M AAV)

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Maybe Zads missing the first day of training camp was a good thing since he couldn't get injured during the bag skate. :sarcasm:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
So does the team expect Zadorov to be the top LD and play more than 20mins per game next season?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So does the team expect Zadorov to be the top LD and play more than 20mins per game next season?

Sounds like it.

"Zadorov is a big, young, physical defenseman who was starting to emerge as one of our top D before his injury last season," said Avalanche Executive Vice President / General Manager Joe Sakic. "He's an important part of our blue line and we expect him to log big minutes this year. We are excited to have him under contract."
-Sakic

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Wish it were longer, but I'm over the moon. We have our top pair ! I'd maybe consider:

Zadorov - Johnson
Barberio - Barrie
Cowen - XXXXXXX

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wish it were longer, but I'm over the moon. We have our top pair ! I'd maybe consider:

Zadorov - Johnson
Barberio - Barrie
Cowen - XXXXXXX

Yeah I think there is more of a chance that Siemens wins that spot next to Barrie than Cowen making the top six. Especially with how mobile they want their defense.

Hell I'd probably predict Meloche winning the third RD slot before that too.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Have you see Cowen play yet? If not, you may change your mind when you do.

Seem him quite a lot, since Craig Anderson played for them. Like EJ, he's the player who would excel if he just got some ice time (very different player though). There are times, he can just dominate. He gets injured, them seems to come back less effective.

The positions there if he tears it up.

At his best, we got a steal. In his recovery mode, not so much.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I would be very surprised if Lindholm is not in the bottom 4 somehow.

Happy for Lindholm to be on that last pair, but I have a sneaking Bigras makes it tbh. He was pretty steady in the rookie tourny. I think Mirinov needs more time in the AHL. Lindholm was similar to Bigras, so absolutely happy for him to be here.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Yeah I think there is more of a chance that Siemens wins that spot next to Barrie than Cowen making the top six. Especially with how mobile they want their defense.

Hell I'd probably predict Meloche winning the third RD slot before that too.

Mate, I'd LOVE Siemens to get a position. Everyone knows I adore him as a player. Every time he plays on the top team, he's been great. I don't know why he was sent back to the AHL last season (same goes for Grimaldi tbh).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Happy for Lindholm to be on that last pair, but I have a sneaking Bigras makes it tbh. He was pretty steady in the rookie tourny. I think Mirinov needs more time in the AHL. Lindholm was similar to Bigras, so absolutely happy for him to be here.

Mironov has never been in the AHL, and he didn't sign from the KHL to play there.

It's either the NHL or back to Russia.

And I don't think Cowen is an NHL player. Can't skate or think the game well enough

member 116861

Warsofsky - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
Barberio - Cowen
Lindholm, Mironov

If I'm being realistic

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Mironov has never been in the AHL, and he didn't sign from the KHL to play there.

It's either the NHL or back to Russia.

And I don't think Cowen is an NHL player. Can't skate or think the game well enough

I agree about Mirinov (and moving from the K). But I also think the rookie tourny exposed some of his play, and a short(ish) adaption period in the AHL might be better for his game.

One thing I think we can all agree on, is there are spots available, and we have a tonne of depth fighting it out for those positions, which is healthy.

I had Mirinov pencilled into the team before I saw him play those three rookie games. Here's what I possibly do:

Give Timmins his 10 or 11 free games (forget the number). Send him back to juniors, then bring up Mirinov then (after some time acclimatizing). I don't know if you want to acclimatize against guys like Crosby and Ovechkin.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Timmins isn't signed, he can't get any games. And he's definitely not ready for that. He probably gets one preseason game.

Mironov I can see as the 7th D if he needs some time to adjust. He's older so he doesn't have that critical need to get minutes someone like say Meloche does.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I really think you'd be throwing him to the wolves then guys, but maybe he surprises, I don't know. You have to give him the best chance to succeed. Look at that schedule 1st month. Apart from The Devils & Knights, it's tough.

I think Mirinov will eventually succeed, but I also hope if he plays from minute one, there is fair and relevant expectation from him. There are going to be positional mistakes. He's going to be slower than the game (to begin).

I just think with Siemens, Meloche, Bigras, Lindholm, Cowen, Barberio, Warsofsky there are quite a few others looking to grab that spot as well.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I really think you'd be throwing him to the wolves then guys, but maybe he surprises, I don't know. You have to give him the best chance to succeed. Look at that schedule 1st month. Apart from The Devils & Knights, it's tough.

I think Mirinov will eventually succeed, but I also hope if he plays from minute one, there is fair and relevant expectation from him. There are going to be positional mistakes. He's going to be slower than the game (to begin).

I just think with Siemens, Meloche, Bigras, Lindholm, Cowen, Barberio, Warsofsky there are quite a few others looking to grab that spot as well.

Dude - the russians name is MirOnov :laugh:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Warsofsky - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
Barberio - Cowen
Lindholm, Mironov

If I'm being realistic

Eww, Warsofsky would get eaten alive on the top pair. He's a fringe NHLer at best, although I do expect him to play some games for us this year with injuries at some point.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Glad this didn't get drawn out. Props to Z for coming back down to earth a bit.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
finally. now I just hope he continues to improve, showing he can be counted on long term. and by then, this management is already gone so we have a new philosophy in place, with no vendettas against him for this negotiation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad