Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zadorov to 2 year deal ($2.15M AAV)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well thank goodness this is done, and nice to see Sakic at least made a slight concession and gave Z an extra 115k so that both sides could save some face. Having said that, this should never have been such a big deal in the first place.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Would have preferred they just met in the middle a month+ ago. These long negotiations can't be great long term.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well thank goodness this is done, and nice to see Sakic at least made a slight concession and gave Z an extra 115k so that both sides could save some face. Having said that, this should never have been such a big deal in the first place.

150k :nod:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People might complain that it took this long, but sometimes it has to. In the end things got done for reasonable $$$(He's still overpaid but it's not significant) and hardly missed anything.

Now Zads, go out and prove to Joe and the rest of us you're actually worth something long term to the organization and earn that big pay day on the next deal please.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Solid deal and I'm glad it's done. Looks like the Avs didn't cave all that much either, which is good in this case.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

It wasn't a big deal. People just like to whine about anything and everything.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
At least Sakic won't be here to try and avoid paying him the 9 million he inevitably deserves the next time

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
At least Sakic won't be here to try and avoid paying him the 9 million he inevitably deserves the next time

After the contracts Slavin & Parayko just signed Zads won't have a case for that much unless he holds out, so he can wait for Trouba to re-set the market. And even that only matters if Zads becomes the more defensively imposing Big Buff that his biggest fans (like me) think his ceiling is, this year.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
After the contracts Slavin & Parayko just signed Zads won't have a case for that much unless he holds out, so he can wait for Trouba to re-set the market. And even that only matters if Zads becomes the more defensively imposing Big Buff that his biggest fans (like me) think his ceiling is, this year.

That would be amazing if he could eat the most minutes in the league. I don't see it

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Too bad it took 2 days past the finish to achieve it.

Sakic is an absolute idiot. Terrible manager.

Two days past the finish of what?!

You know the season starts in 19 days and there are practices every day. Training camp is not "over" tomorrow. He will have plenty of time to skate with the team.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Two days past the finish of what?!

You know the season starts in 19 days and there are practices every day. Training camp is not "over" tomorrow. He will have plenty of time to skate with the team.

Sakic moved on his take it or leave it offer. He could have done that 2 weeks ago, and not had another distraction at the start of camp. Negotiate like every other manager in the league and get your work done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad