Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zadorov to 2 year deal ($2.15M AAV)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Finally, good deal for both sides. Hopefully Z does well and we can lock him up long term.

If I had to guess lines.

Zads-EJ
Barbie-Barrie
Cowen-Lindholm

I think Cowen gets a deal and eventually becomes the 7th D and Bigras takes over next to Lindholm.

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
Happy Z is signed! So much potential. I'd be surprised if they sign Cowen... My guess is:
Z - EJ
Barberio - Barrie
Lindholm - Mironov
Bigras (prefer more AHL)
Siemens

One more top 4 left-handed D and honestly wouldn't look awful.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Happy Z is signed! So much potential. I'd be surprised if they sign Cowen... My guess is:
Z - EJ
Barberio - Barrie
Lindholm - Mironov
Bigras (prefer more AHL)
Siemens

One more top 4 left-handed D and honestly wouldn't look awful.

Let's put it this way: if Bigras starts the year in the AHL it's over for him as a future NHLer. It will never be easier to get an NHL roster spot than it is now with the AVS on the left side.

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
Let's put it this way: if Bigras starts the year in the AHL it's over for him as a future NHLer. It will never be easier to get an NHL roster spot than it is now with the AVS on the left side.

Not sure if sarcasm or not? If you quit on a 22 year old Dman than what's the point? Plus we need left sided players?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not sure if sarcasm or not? If you quit on a 22 year old Dman than what's the point? Plus we need left sided players?

I don't think Bigras will get that much better in a year or two. The left side, however, can and should get much better (ie: harder to crack). That's why it's pretty much now or never.

Clainer09

Sep 12, 2012
Prince Edward Island
I don't think Bigras will get that much better in a year or two. The left side, however, can and should get much better (ie: harder to crack). That's why it's pretty much now or never.

Okay I understand you now! And agree to an extent! I do believe Bigras biggest drag is his strength. (Pushed off the puck too easily, cant work the corners/front of net very well). But do believe 1 or 2 years from now could substantially help those areas.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If you listen to the BSN podcast, Dater says that Dan Milstein was Z's agent. That's not who is agent was all summer, and as of like 3 days ago. Something must have happened. I know Milstein reps most Russians.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
If you listen to the BSN podcast, Dater says that Dan Milstein was Z's agent. That's not who is agent was all summer, and as of like 3 days ago. Something must have happened. I know Milstein reps most Russians.

So it's possible the delay wasn't Sakic's or Z's fault. Agents do meddle with this stuff.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

Interesting.

Anyway, this is obviously goodness. Looking forward to seeing how a bunch of young guys develop this season.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Interesting.. Maybe he was the one behind the long standoff? To a certain degree anyways. Because he (Zadorov) certainly had nothing but positive things to say all summer and didn't sound sour at all.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Nice catch. Considering that Dater has been following this story and has been in contact with at least one of the agents involved, I am surprised he has not raised it.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
Glad we got some more years of control here. I'm glad he really worked on his game in his end. I truly think he'll be a top two guy. If I was to guess on pairings I'd say

Zadorov EJ
Lindholm Barrie
Bigras Mironov

Seimins/cowen

I really wanna see meloche big minutes in San Antonio this year

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Z's contract has been updated in CF. no bonus money ( I'm actually pretty surprised). It's a 2/2.3 M deal so 2.3M QO

Looks like Sakic actually did a good job negotiating (next time a little less drama please), 2.3M isn't too much for a Q in 2 years. If Z isn't worth that kind of money by then he never will.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This year to me is make or break for Bigras, if he can't crack this roster he may be going the route of Gormley

I don't think it's necessarily a make or break year for Bigras, but he does have a lot of similarities to Gormley in playing style (two way cerebral puck moving outlet passer) and characteristics (timid at times and doesn't adjust well to coach's gameplans) that held him out of the NHL. If he's smart, he's keeping Gormley in mind and decided to work on the things Gormley didn't.

So far he's following a very similar path to Gormley though, and it's not like we can blame the Avs "development" for that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't think it's necessarily a make or break year for Bigras, but he does have a lot of similarities to Gormley in playing style (two way cerebral puck moving outlet passer) and characteristics (timid at times and doesn't adjust well to coach's gameplans) that held him out of the NHL. If he's smart, he's keeping Gormley in mind and decided to work on the things Gormley didn't.

So far he's following a very similar path to Gormley though, and it's not like we can blame the Avs "development" for that.

Uh, disagree there but this is not the thread for this.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Glad we got some more years of control here. I'm glad he really worked on his game in his end. I truly think he'll be a top two guy. If I was to guess on pairings I'd say

Zadorov EJ
Lindholm Barrie
Bigras Mironov

Seimins/cowen

I really wanna see meloche big minutes in San Antonio this year

Yeah, I like the idea of Lindholm with Barrie much better than people throwing around Barberio - Barrie...that could be a disaster defensively. Good puck moving pairing but too little in size and not strong enough defensively.

Hopefully Lindholm can handle the load and be a better Holden/Guenin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad