GDT: WCQF (Game 5) Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings, 10pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Came here to say this. There are a few other fanbases that might have adopted a Doughty-esque persona if he was on their team, but the Kings fans have been great to just talk hockey with.
Even when the Kings were winning their cups, they only had a small minority of arrogant, Doughty-esque fans. Some fan bases (ours included) has a ton of those without winning anything important in 30 years, ha ha. Kings fans are good people, for the most part.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Even when the Kings were winning their cups, they only had a small minority of arrogant, Doughty-esque fans. Some fan bases (ours included) has a ton of those without winning anything important in 30 years, ha ha. Kings fans are good people, for the most part.
Yea word.

The worst thing a person can be is an insecure, obnoxious, sports fan.
There are PLENTY of them on HF, but it's nice to aspire to not be one.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Expecting a full on blowout tonight. Kings are going out without even a whimper! Can’t wait to see the two guys who couldn’t lead a pack of Labrador’s to chase a ball get the boot!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1642228384077.jpg

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
lmao

I just find it hilarious how Kings fans are the only ones cheering with Oiler fans in this series.
Everyone else in the league wants LA to win. :laugh:

I hope you guys find a good GM after Hipcheck Rob.
We aren’t cheering for the Oilers. We just want to end this a quick as possible and the only way is for the oilers to win.

He's been awful. He should focus more on taking his play seriously than on trying to be a tough guy.
Playing him with bums doesn’t really help this confidence.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
True. Not many teams could survive such an "onslaught" of 0 goals in 60 minutes. :sarcasm:
LA played their best game of the series and got exactly 0 goals lol, if they try to open up the ice its a beat down by the oilers. if they try their 1-3-1 passive neutral zone also beat down for the oilers. the kings are spent (hopefully)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Expecting a 3OT thriller to completely destroy my sleep schedule. The winning goal will come on a double deflection off Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty, clip David Rittich in the shoulder, land on the goal line and he'll push it across the line in an attempt to cover it.
Edmonton never wins in OT. If the game goes that far I just go to bed and check who scored for the other team in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad