Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Zadorov to 2 year deal ($2.15M AAV)

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Sakic moved on his take it or leave it offer. He could have done that 2 weeks ago, and not had another distraction at the start of camp. Negotiate like every other manager in the league and get your work done.

You don't understand how negotiating works then.

And this isn't a distraction or a big deal, he will be there for every preseason game and a vast majority of the practices...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We really don't need the "he's still terrible" comments and the "look, he did a great job" narrative fighting each other. It's a good thing that happened let's just leave it at that.

Isn't that discussion relevant to this contract? Both sides have a point... a lively debate isn't a bad thing.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Sakic moved on his take it or leave it offer. He could have done that 2 weeks ago, and not had another distraction at the start of camp. Negotiate like every other manager in the league and get your work done.

How was it a distraction apart from in the minds of impatient fans? I can't imagine Zadorov being signed now or 2 weeks ago affecting the players in the slightest.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Quick, re-start the favourite Avalanche player thread!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That would be amazing if he could eat the most minutes in the league. I don't see it

I've been enamored with him since the sabres drafted him. His creativity & skill, the glee with which he imposed himself physically, his charisma & the bravado with which he played just won me over immediately. Then he got traded from my 2nd favorite team (at the time) to my favorite and showed tremendous progress on solidifying his defensive game & making it more efficient...and I still think that potential is there. It's still a few years away (at best), but if he can take another step defensively this year while starting to utilize the offensive skills & creativity that shined at every step prior this one, I'll continue thinking that he's making progress towards that ceiling.

Odds are he'll get stuck somewhere before there, but he's got everything to do so and he's making steady progress in the areas he has needed to at every step of the way thus far. I'm excited to see if he can become a consistent defensive force this season while showing more of his offense...and maybe even learning to get a puck through on net at the NHL level every once in a while.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is not a conversation. Come on, you know the difference between that and narrative driven sniping.

I really fail to see what you are referencing in this thread. Maybe one post, but even that one is 1/10th of some of the other stuff that gets thrown around here. Sakic did a decent job getting Z to come off his ask, but in doing so he had to basically lose 1 or 2 days of camp (depending if Z skates tomorrow). There is a good and a bad side to this and that discussion is fine IMO.

People who have been hard on Sakic are giving him props in this thread... I don't see the narrative sniping. I mostly see credit where credit is due.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Avs website still lists Duchene with the A for whatever it's worth.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I really fail to see what you are referencing in this thread. Maybe one post, but even that one is 1/10th of some of the other stuff that gets thrown around here. Sakic did a decent job getting Z to come off his ask, but in doing so he had to basically lose 1 or 2 days of camp (depending if Z skates tomorrow). There is a good and a bad side to this and that discussion is fine IMO.

People who have been hard on Sakic are giving him props in this thread... I don't see the narrative sniping. I mostly see credit where credit is due.

That's fine. But before it devolves there...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Both sides win here. It's right at the upper edge of what's reasonable for an AAV, and there's no camp missed.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Goals are overrated!

C32-wi6VUAAODVZ.png

8887714.jpg

images

Nikita_Zadorov-1040x572.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad