Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Clearly it's not an issue of dollars for Trouba but I think this RHD thing is a smokescreen for wanting to get the hell out of Winnipeg. Nobody can be that stubborn to demand a side to play on well before the season starts. I mean how much of a big deal is it, to start on the left and down the road get switched over when a spot opens up?

I think Winnipeg is the bigger issue, too, but I can see how they're using the right side argument. Byfuglien isn't going anywhere for a long time and, unless they plan on trading Myers, he isn't either. A spot isn't likely to open up soon in the top-4.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just too much going on there. You just perfectly laid out why it doesn't seem like it can work. :laugh:

IMO, we get worse in a Barrie for Trouba swap. I'd also say there's no chance Trouba is signing a bridge deal.

Yeah the idea was to layout why it won't work, and pretty much the only way it would, and that's if Trouba's contract demands are an exit strategy.

As far as the fit goes, they'd just move Barrie to the left side if need be, or trade him/EJ for another young forward. They are likely not that worried about being able to fit him into the roster.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Winnipeg is the bigger issue, too, but I can see how they're using the right side argument. Byfuglien isn't going anywhere for a long time and, unless they plan on trading Myers, he isn't either. A spot isn't likely to open up soon in the top-4.

They are also asking a player to take a bridge contract knowing hes not going to be put in the best position to succeed and prove himself either.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It might even go further than Winnipeg. McKenzie has speculated about him possibly not wanting to play in Canada. He's playing it safe by saying he doesn't know for sure but he has mentioned it a few times on TV and radio. Friedman didn't mention any Canadian teams on his list either, even though he seems like an obvious fit for both the Oilers and Leafs.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It might even go further than Winnipeg. McKenzie has speculated about him possibly not wanting to play in Canada. He's playing it safe by saying he doesn't know for sure but he has mentioned it a few times on TV and radio. Friedman didn't mention any Canadian teams on his list either, even though he seems like an obvious fit for both the Oilers and Leafs.

I think the team that should want him the most is probably Detroit, but Dekyser is the only player that fits the LHD mold, and Detroit's younger forwards are not going to do much for Winnipeg.

The best trading fit is still probably NY with Hamonic, but NY does not have as much of an incentive since Hamonic has retracted his trade request.

I think it's kind of funny how tides have turned there. A while back Winnipeg didn't feel like they needed to make that deal, but I bet they would do it today lol.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm guessing Barzal impressed them more than they expected.

Bummer for PAP though, still a decent player who could contribute somewhere. If I'm FLA I think I make a call about his availability.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Pulkkinen has an elite shot and below average everything else from what I have seen.

He was a pure terror in the AHL because he got enough time to use his shot.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Can't see the Avs getting Pulkkinen simply because I think more than one team ahead of them in line probably will. Can't hurt if they try though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Frk is already claimed by Carolina and I am pretty sure that Pulkkinen will be selected by one of other worst clubs (even if he won't amount to anything).

The one I am most interested in is Klas Dahlbeck. Might be another Siemens, but I heard good things about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark