Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Im worried about our top 6 group this year, is there anyone realistically we could target to get another top 6 forward. I'm seeing a lot of projected lines with colbourne in the top 6 and as a fan living in Calgary I don't see him as much more than a 3rd liner. I would pay a lot for drouin, pre extension I was dreaming of a Marchand- mackinnon line

The killer there is the cap. We'd basically need a top six forward on an ELC in order to make that work with our cap this year, and those are not available right now without sending something extremely valuable the other way. Bigras is the likely piece, and I'd rather have him for the new few years than a top six forward for this season as a band-aid.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It looks more and more that the Ducks will be forced to move one of Despers or Fowler in order to get the room to sign Rakell and Hampus, good on Murray for spending over 2 million on Bernier. He is a horrible GM, too bad we aren't in a position to trade for one of Fowler or Despers.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
It looks more and more that the Ducks will be forced to move one of Despers or Fowler in order to get the room to sign Rakell and Hampus, good on Murray for spending over 2 million on Bernier. He is a horrible GM, too bad we aren't in a position to trade for one of Fowler or Despers.

I'd be all over Fowler, too bad we don't have the cap space. He would compliment EJ really well.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I am. He'd be a very good fit on the left side. He's only 25, signed long term, and a pretty good dman overall.

Health is an issue though.

To be fair if we have Despres he won't have to worry about getting beat up by the thug that is Tyson Barrie :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't mind Despres, but I'd rather have Fowler. Fowler could slide onto the top pairing now and be moved down as Z gets ready. If Bigras then flourishes and takes a spot, Fowler could then be moved at the deadline next season.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
with the Ducks having 7.5 M in cap space what would the Avs have to send the ducks realistically to get Fowler? He's paid 4M? Avs look to have about 1.5M right? I can't keep up with the cap stuff. Maybe send the Ducks about 3M in cap space back somehow and a pick to potentially even it out...

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
with the Ducks having 7.5 M in cap space what would the Avs have to send the ducks realistically to get Fowler? He's paid 4M? Avs look to have about 1.5M right? I can't keep up with the cap stuff. Maybe send the Ducks about 3M in cap space back somehow and a pick to potentially even it out...

Aren't they trying to free up cap space for Rakell and Lindholm?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They are, but they are also a budget team that is at their budget limit. If they are moving Fowler they virtually can't take any salary back. There is no realistic trade to be made here.

That was my point. We don't have the cap space, and they wouldn't want any cap coming back. No deal.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That was my point. We don't have the cap space, and they wouldn't want any cap coming back. No deal.

There's that, and there's a lack of pieces to offer as well. The Ducks need forward talent, but the Avs aren't move Landeskog or Duchene for him, there's no chance of Rantanen...there's really no fit there at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if the Oilers traded Nurse + for Trouba.

They should if that's something the Jets would accept and if Trouba is willing to sign long-term in Edmonton. Klefbom, Trouba, Larsson, and Sekera doesn't look bad at all.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
If Trouba doesn't like Winnipeg he won't want to go to Edmonton either probably unless usage is actually his main gripe. Not that he has much choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad