Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Or bored... I cause enough problems for you mods, I'll help out when I can. Build up those brownie points. :naughty: :laugh:

On the rumors note MAB is back baby!!!!! on a PTO

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can we afford Versteeg without dumping someone like Mitchell? Say if Versteeg wants around $1.5M.....

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Can we afford Versteeg without dumping someone like Mitchell? Say if Versteeg wants around $1.5M.....

Cap Friendly has the Avs at $1,534,405 of space with 22 contracts on the NHL team. Swapping Rantanen and Grimaldi adds some to that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cap Friendly has the Avs at $1,534,405 of space with 22 contracts on the NHL team. Swapping Rantanen and Grimaldi adds some to that.

So it's doable but cutting it very close.

I'd love to see them find a way. We still need some help at wing and Versteeg would certainly help with that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The easy solution to it being close is sending down Bigras to start the season and rolling with 22 on the roster. 900k and it banks daily. Versteeg could be added at 1.5 or even 2.0 depending how the Avs are willing to deal with the cap.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I would much rather see McLeod go, even though it would save us less. Say we sign Bourque for 800k. That would give us an extra 500k. Playing Smith instead would save us 600k.

Mitchell is better in basically every facet of the game other than hitting, fighting and irritating. He is quite the utility player as well for a 4th liner- can play center or wing, can PK, can PP if need be, can slide up to the 3rd line.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Versteeg would be interesting but also kind of moot with the roster we have currently constructed.
I say moot due to the number of players you have that could play in a certain role or be AHL bound depending on level of play.

If Versteeg is fully healthy though, definitely would deepen the talent on the first 3 lines.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Versteeg is worth it because if the Avs are out of it he will be worth a pick at the deadline.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Chambers is out at the Sakic golf shindig getting some quotes at least. I thought this part of Iggy's was interesting. The first part just said if Roy's heart wasn't in it better to leave now. He also called playing for Roy "interesting". I actually think Iggy might put it in gear a bit this year, maybe only artificially but still.

Another thing chambers said in a Q&A is that Roy wanted a big FA D signing. I find that hard to believe because he's been on record literally saying how much he hates July 1 and who exactly would that be?

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Chambers is out at the Sakic golf shindig getting some quotes at least. I thought this part of Iggy's was interesting. The first part just said if Roy's heart wasn't in it better to leave now. He also called playing for Roy "interesting". I actually think Iggy might put it in gear a bit this year, maybe only artificially but still.

Another thing chambers said in a Q&A is that Roy wanted a big FA D signing. I find that hard to believe because he's been on record literally saying how much he hates July 1 and who exactly would that be?

Tell me, how does one artificially put something in gear?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I think that stands out. Iginla's been in the league for a long time, and using interesting usually isn't a good thing. That just kinda stuck out to me.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
IMO, effort isn't the issue with Iginla. Maybe he's not giving everything he can in the defensive zone but I don't think he's getting pushed off the puck or having the puck bounce off his stick because he's not trying. Getting old sucks.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Iggy would accept some health scratches, I think he would be able to play at a higher level. I doubt he is willing to do that though.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
IMO, effort isn't the issue with Iginla. Maybe he's not giving everything he can in the defensive zone but I don't think he's getting pushed off the puck or having the puck bounce off his stick because he's not trying. Getting old sucks.

I dunno. It looks to me like a combination of both. Old age and being lazy.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I think effort was a huge issue. His skating and hands at times are old age but not winning a board battle is effort.

I guess my point was that I don't think he is capable of giving that effort consistently. If he played maybe 60 games instead of 80, I think the effort would be noticeably higher.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It's likely Iggys last year. He's got a new coach. Maybe there will be an extra spark for him this year. Stranger things have happened.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Usage was a big problem, but that's not all on Roy. He played a sheltered role in Boston and that was a couple seasons ago. At 39, I would think Bednar would give him all the soft minutes he can find for Iggy.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Honestly, there is pretty much nothing in this vein where Chambers is relaying potential information, that I believe anymore. He's just been off so many times. It's either hard proof, a quote that I can verify somehow, or it means nothing to me coming from him. He's completely unreliable in this area.

He's already gone on record on NHL Live saying Patrick left because they picked a bunch of NCAA guys instead of Q guys. That's a completely ridiculous statement.

Best part about clicking on his post here though, was seeing he has a pinned tweet of some guy's six paragraph dissertation on what a great guy Mike Chambers is. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino