Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The thought of Rene(lazy version after 20 games) and Parenteau on the same line frightens me.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't believe in people changing who they are, for the most part. I don't think Rene Bourque suddenly had an epiphany that changed him as a hockey player. I think he enjoys the NHL life style and busted his ass to get to continue living that life style for another year. Mission accomplished.

If we can get 15 goals and 35 points out of him, it would be in line with my expectations.

He had a short period in Calgary where he played hard and he was quite the player. A bit like motivated Stewart. But they just can't keep it up. They're not wired to.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't believe in people changing who they are, for the most part. I don't think Rene Bourque suddenly had an epiphany that changed him as a hockey player. I think he enjoys the NHL life style and busted his ass to get to continue living that life style for another year. Mission accomplished.

If we can get 15 goals and 35 points out of him, it would be in line with my expectations.

He had a short period in Calgary where he played hard and he was quite the player. A bit like motivated Stewart. But they just can't keep it up. They're not wired to.

We talking about the same Rene Bourque? That seems pretty high for him. I think we'll be lucky to get about half that.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Rene can just be a good enough fill in when injuries hit to where we don't notice how bad he is, I'll consider that a win.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

If Bourque finds a way to contribute 15 goals and 35 points I'll be jumping for joy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Since joining Avs, John Mitchell has played at a 13G 18A pace. Bourque is more talented than him. I guess it depends on if he gets some PP time or not but with the injuries, chances are R-Bork starts on a scoring line.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If we can get even 10 goals out of Rene I'll jump for joy, I'm expecting more like 5 or 6.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If we can get even 10 goals out of Rene I'll jump for joy, I'm expecting more like 5 or 6.

For me it's what kind of role are they expecting from Bourque. If he is playing mainly 4th line then yeah 10 goals would be actually hard to get.

If they give him some PP time, and move him around the lineup then 10+goals is totally realistic when you consider he is a good shooter.

I mean if the the corpse of Iginla can stand in one spot on the PP and net 22 goals last year, then Bourque can surely net 10 somehow.

I'm personally hoping that having to earn his contract on a PTO was a wake up call to Bourque that he can't just coast around and expect a NHL contract at his age. He worked hard and earned his contract with us, hopefully he will continue to work hard. I don't think Bednar will allow him to slack off and remain in the lineup. If he works hard all season, 15 goals is not an unrealistic goal with how good his shot is.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
For me it's what kind of role are they expecting from Bourque. If he is playing mainly 4th line then yeah 10 goals would be actually hard to get.

If they give him some PP time, and move him around the lineup then 10+goals is totally realistic when you consider he is a good shooter.

I mean if the the corpse of Iginla can stand in one spot on the PP and net 22 goals last year, then Bourque can surely net 10 somehow.

I'm personally hoping that having to earn his contract on a PTO was a wake up call to Bourque that he can't just coast around and expect a NHL contract at his age. He worked hard and earned his contract with us, hopefully he will continue to work hard. I don't think Bednar will allow him to slack off and remain in the lineup. If he works hard all season, 15 goals is not an unrealistic goal with how good his shot is.

He hasn't had a 10 goal season in 5 years. If he can break that plateau I'll be VERY surprised.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

me too , i have low expectations regarding Bourque.

over/under 15 games before Rene stops giving a s*** again?

Hard to tell , but one thing is for sure ,people were complaining about Paul Statsny and calling him Casper ... Just wait till they see R.Bourque :facepalm:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Good heavens, and I thought I was the temperamental one here. :popcorn:

I mean, it's one thing to anoint one of these player the "whipping boy" but to anticipate it to this degree!? At least let him fail first before you dog him. He probably knows it's his last shot at the NHL. I'm optimistic he'll make the most of it. :laugh:

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
He really scarred you guys in MTL didn't he?

Oh yes , ask any Habs fans and they will tell you pretty much the same thing . Bourque have everything to be successful in the NHL but the guy is Lazy player with no heart whatsoever.

They will also add that out of nowhere Bourque decided to play like a beast in the playoffs ( 2-3 years ago ), after having a terrible regular season, to later return to his old lazy self the following season .

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Salvage Trade

McIlrath for Siemens? Maybe change of scenery for both gives them the motivation to stick as 6/7/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad