Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I guess. Would be pointless to sit either so Redmond can see the ice for 5 minutes.

best-love-quotes-i-believe-in-loyalty-above-everything.jpg

Found from Patrick Roy's tumblr.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sakic said he would trade a core player. Hopefully they still consider Holden to be one of those haha.

Where did he say that? It doesn't seem like a thing any GM would ever say.

If it's Dater speculating that Sakic would do that, it's a completely different thing. Dater spews a lot of nonsense.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

If it's Dater speculating that Sakic would do that, it's a completely different thing. Dater spews a lot of nonsense.

Yeah I'm probably mis-remembering it. I thought something was said about hinting about changes.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

But we have to take head to what Dater says because he clearly has sources within the organization.

It's disgusting how everyone jumps when he tweets about the team now, and he isn't even held to nearly the same account as when he worked for the DP.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
But we have to take head to what Dater says because he clearly has sources within the organization.

It's disgusting how everyone jumps when he tweets about the team now, and he isn't even held to nearly the same account as when he worked for the DP.

Nobody else "scoops" on the Avs, real or not. The DP doesn't bother now. So yeah people eat it up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Interesting. I don't think he has the hockey sense to put it all together but I hope he gets a good opportunity elsewhere. He needs a fresh start because in Edmonton he's always going to be the failed 1st overall pick. IMO, a lot of the physical tools/skills are still there for him to be better than he has shown thus far.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Interesting. I don't think he has the hockey sense to put it all together but I hope he gets a good opportunity elsewhere. He needs a fresh start because in Edmonton he's always going to be the failed 1st overall pick. IMO, a lot of the physical tools/skills are still there for him to be better than he has shown thus far.

He has an insane set of physical tools. Skates like the wind (even if he has an awful skating stride), has a laser for a shot, and plays physical. But he's so, so sorely lacking in hockey IQ.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm trying to translate the looong original article. The kid sounds like he needs therapy, poor guy.

I'd take a chance on him but depends what the price is. Maybe we can get him when we send Varly and Duchene to the oilers.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Yakupov really needs to get out of that locker room from what I've heard here in Edmonton. Don't expect him to live up to his 1st overall status, but I think he'll be quite solid for whoever gets him.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wouldn't be against bringing Yak in. I honestly thought he was the Oilers best player against us when we played them recently.

As a few other have said, he has a very good set of tools. The toolbox is lacking but I feel like it is an area of his game that can be improved. One of those rare players who can be taught IQ so to speak IMO.

Feel like he could have a Grigorenko type of impact with us if we acquired him. A bit slow out of the gates but the longer he gets accustomed to our system the better he'd get.

Definitely still think he can be a routing 20/35 type player for a team. Not the star player he was drafted hoping to be, but an important complementary piece still.

I wonder would the Oilers be interested in Varlamov? Yak+(+?) for Varly might not be a bad trade. The plus would have to be damn good though, arguably better then Yak even.

Yak + EDM 2017 1st maybe?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yakupov really needs to get out of that locker room from what I've heard here in Edmonton. Don't expect him to live up to his 1st overall status, but I think he'll be quite solid for whoever gets him.

He needs to go play in Montreal with his buddy Galchenyuk.

He isn't part of "the boys" in Edmonton. For all the flak the Oilers' management got for being an Old Boys Club (and rightfully deserved), that locker room is just as bad. Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Justin Schultz, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins were "the guys" in that locker room and Yakupov has never fit in with them. He loves the city but he's got to go somewhere else to get back to what he could have become.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
I wouldn't be against bringing Yak in. I honestly thought he was the Oilers best player against us when we played them recently.

As a few other have said, he has a very good set of tools. The toolbox is lacking but I feel like it is an area of his game that can be improved. One of those rare players who can be taught IQ so to speak IMO.

Feel like he could have a Grigorenko type of impact with us if we acquired him. A bit slow out of the gates but the longer he gets accustomed to our system the better he'd get.

Definitely still think he can be a routing 20/35 type player for a team. Not the star player he was drafted hoping to be, but an important complementary piece still.

I wonder would the Oilers be interested in Varlamov? Yak+(+?) for Varly might not be a bad trade. The plus would have to be damn good though, arguably better then Yak even.

Yak + EDM 2017 1st maybe?

For Varly? No way, Edmonton doesn't need a goalie. Talbot has been solid for them this season.

To Edm:

Tyson Barrie
2016 1st Round Pick

To Col:

2016 1st Round Pick
Nail Yakupov

And use that pick to draft Laine, Puljujärvi, Tkachuk or Chychurn...

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'd do Holden for Yakupov.

That sounds like really low value but Holden is a minute eater (high end #5) on a good contract. Edmonton has the worst unit in the NHL.

Yakupov obviously has the upside, but how much can you really give up for a guy who has 6 goals in 56 games? A guy who is an NHL worst -84* the last three years?

He's a tough guy to gauge value on. From the Avs perspective you almost don't want to trade for him because the team needs to start winning now.

*-19 worse than the next closest player

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Without trading anyone else (Grigo, Comeau), I don't see the point of adding Yak unless we just don't have the money to add a legit top6.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'd do Holden for Yakupov.

That sounds like really low value but Holden is a minute eater (high end #5) on a good contract. Edmonton has the worst unit in the NHL.

Yakupov obviously has the upside, but how much can you really give up for a guy who has 6 goals in 56 games? A guy who is an NHL worst -84* the last three years?

He's a tough guy to gauge value on. From the Avs perspective you almost don't want to trade for him because the team needs to start winning now.

*-19 worse than the next closest player

1) Holden is not a minute eater

2) Edmonton has a bunch of defensemen on the left side who they'd rather play over Holden. Oscar Klefbom, Andrej Sekera, Brandon Davidson, hell even Darnell Nurse and Griffin Reinhart, as bad as Reinhart is and as inexperienced Nurse is, would probably be options above Holden.

3) It's hard to gauge Yakupov's value because of how much the organization has jerked him around, moving him from line to line to LW to RW.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Please take away the captain's badge at Landeskog and trade him to anywhere, while that for him at least something normal can give.
He's just a piece of wood without a brain and a terrible captain.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Please take away the captain's badge at Landeskog and trade him to anywhere, while that for him at least something normal can give.
He's just a piece of wood without a brain and a terrible captain.

...This board sometimes...man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad